[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

What's the damage like when you first start mapping? I was thinking of running Ball Lightning + GMP + Inc. crit strike + blood magic to apply EE to the whole screen and also proc EO consistently. But I'm not sure I can/should sacrifice a 4l for that if the damage is high enough on it's own for rares/bosses at least up to like T8-9.
Also gave me a way to destroy all breakables, which is where I usually end up finding rare currency.
Looks like I'm going to be running RF totem again as nothing really jumped out at me from patch notes (rolling flame fireball looks interesting, but I'll probably need decent gear for it - esp if I go chaos conversion route).

Pretty much first time I've ever repeated a build, but I really liked it last time, and I know it is strong without being ridiculously OP.
Might have a think if I can give it a bit of a twist somehow, but it's quite hard to beat the standard build. Curse on bosses nerf is the only issue, will have to be a bit sharper with using orb of storms and traps for damage and a bit more careful. Might have to do some sums as to how effective curse effectiveness still is and if it's worth investing much into it.

"
Punica1980 wrote:
Great guide which i'm planning on using for 2.4 temp league. Good to see you keep it up to date and reply to questions.

My question, which most likely has been asked before but 184 pages is very long:
- I see no movement skill in the gem setup but in your linked gear is see a whirling blades setup aswell as using it in the Abaxoth video. Since i do like running a movement skill in any build I kinda missed this here.
Opinion?

Thanks

well this was on my MF gear with like -movementspeed, i basically HAD TO use a movementskill :P Dropped other utility stuff instead.
You can swap in shield charge for excample instead of searing bonds or other stuff.

"
What's the damage like when you first start mapping? I was thinking of running Ball Lightning + GMP + Inc. crit strike + blood magic to apply EE to the whole screen and also proc EO consistently.

You cannot procc EE via ball lightning and dualtotems. Its not even necassary for packs, but even better on bosses with the curse effect change on those. I almost never used EE on packs anyway, except some ultra high resist maps (enfeeble+fire res+endu charges).
Thats not an setup i would recommend at all, OoS alone is enough for EO, it proccs almost instantly in big packs and constantly on boss fights.
I you wanna destroy barrels and shit then use a single balllightning ;)

The damage is great, place totem, mobs die in <1sec, repeat. The clearspeed is only limited by a) movement and b) aoe. So with both aoe cluster + aoe gem it feels good to play. If the damage starts lacking your spelltotem gem is to low or there are no totem life jewels ;)

"
Might have to do some sums as to how effective curse effectiveness still is and if it's worth investing much into it.

Dual/triple curse, sure. It doesnt change anything against packs. I think the curse effect is still worth it for the defensive aspect while clearing packs (temp chains or enfeeble) but less big on bosses. Thats where EE is way superior.

I would stick to skittering runes, but its also reasonable to switch to something else (another jewel or whatever).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 1, 2016, 8:40:45 AM
Your build calls for Orb of Lightning do you mean Orb of Storms?
yes, a typo i always forget to correct :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 4, 2016, 4:09:39 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
sorcita wrote:
Heya!

This could be a hierophant tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAOoYHRQsp3hp9q54L1gHGGp85Sj6TePyRf4K_o864aZXNZLYvYPbVcYLYevuWiuj8ljlwxMnLxo4kFWvp1ugp1V8Do9GaGXz3YIH2Xx2rM9-NsXYJJ2urKqYrfAfogAEBx8CKyZoWnFiA5qu_XUqBFHsLpuhVkhDyCu2-JMQzIxGhTL3Mgj0wFRmVJRvFm_jaqcIcXkXHBJpU1Ka4EWdK1ANzRzO_lT46-_r0B-RK1h3XwQDde98n988BQ48TwTwVcT2akPhc4KbmjtSU5f0l5VMs3IPcqm3PoNfPC2DzGjyFHGvbLiTHNyPGlnzbRn60maexq49XwAA

Thanks for the great build.

Is it worth to choose Guardian to fill in the missing armour% from tree, extra block chance and free warcries? (as result: +144% armour from tree with redefined five starting points from mana regen to armour%)

At all we don't need hierophant's mana/mana regen - it feels like only Illumunated Devotion, Pursuit of Faithand and Sanctuary of Tought are helpful for templar in this build.

Of course we need purity of fire in cost of one additional curse - lesser damage but more defensive

Last edited by D0berm4n on Sep 4, 2016, 1:13:52 PM
yeah guardian is also an option, i saw one low life rf totem guide out there, which uses those utilitys.

i personally wouldn't invest a shavs in a budget build (that can nearly do any content) tho :p

I've noticed that jewels with totem life + totem resistances are relatively cheap, so we have 25% res by default + 24% from tree + 35 (~7% * 5 jewels) = easy overcap, and don't have to use any purity aura, applying all 3 curses.

As for hierophant with large mana/mana regen/reduced cost + 14% reduced mana reserved from sovereighty (available mana pool - 9% (35% + 35% + 35% = 105% - 14% reduced), i think it's possible to avoid any bloodmagic gems in gear, having free sockets for other supports
Last edited by D0berm4n on Sep 4, 2016, 6:25:18 PM
hi,
i'm doing your build in essence league 2.4, it is great , safe and it clear fast.
i have a question about ascendancy choice, with uber lab i will have 2 more points, so i dont know wich path is better Ramako or Hinekora ?
Running RF totems again in essence. Didn't get as much playtime over weekend as would have liked, but level 73 at the moment, running up to tier 4 maps.

Curse effectiveness against bosses has had a bit of an impact, but it's still fine.

Ran a couple of atziris - first one at lvl 70. Trio is a bit tricky at lower levels, don't have the damage to burst them down as much as I'd like, and dies a few times there, but atziri herself is easy.

Will help when i run a weapon with more damage - still using lavianga's wisdom.

My current gear

Spoiler

Essences are great for crafting a cheap 5l.
I'm really happy with the amulet too, bit of res would have been nice and higher armour, but over 110 life with the strength, dex and fire damage for 10c? Yes please!

Working out if I can fit in the new witchfire brew flask, up to 70% increased DoT, and lvl 21 vulnerability. Would need to squeeze in an extra curse to fully use it though, which might be a push for something that will only be up situationally. Don't fancy windscreams with no movement skills either, so would have to be another doedre ring, which makes resistances tricky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info