[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:
yes ofc.

inc burn dmg is a increase multiplier which is additive to the ele/burn/fire/aoe dmg on the tree/gear.

rd / ef multiply this increased dmg.

edit:

excample

500 ele/fire/aoe/dot/totem dmg on the tree + gear

now we add inc burning dmg, lets say 60% burning dmg

500+60=560 increased dmg

the other option would be rapid decay with lets say 30% more dmg

500x1.3=650 increased dmg

thats the difference between increased and more dmg.

different more multiplier are multiplicative with each other, too

thanks for the explanation mate :)
I will roll 3B on my chest later then, dont have enough chroma atm.
A bit offtopic:

i think that i have to quit the HC leage and go to SC again after 3 10s gamefreezes in 1hour playtime today, this is batshit crazy...never had something like that before this league, seems pretty common if i read reddit.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Good day, does Celestial Punishment (nod under Ancestral Bond) affect damage of RF totem?
"
Vendettus wrote:
Good day, does Celestial Punishment (nod under Ancestral Bond) affect damage of RF totem?

yes it should, since rf gives flame surge the 50% more dmg against ignited enemys, too.

however the cluster is not worth it with 13% ele dmg per point on average or 13.5 if you take Celestial judgement on top.

heart of flame for excample is 14.2 fire dmg per point and i didnt even pick that cluster because jewels are better with totem life + player life + dmg mod.

I would only pick those nodes after i got all the jewels in the 90s ;)

- updated skilltrees, everything should work again

"
Milkyslice wrote:

How can I procc Elemental Equilibrium?

I use IceTrap and Vaal Lightning Trap for this.

We need to deal Lightning or Cold damage to get a beneficial EE procc. We cant deal damage ourself and the degeneration effects of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond wont procc EE.

Quick question here.

PoE Wiki states here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium that mines or traps do not trigger EQ. Who is right?

Otherwise I'll just use something like Spell Totem - Ice Nova - Increased Area of Effect Support to trigger it I guess.
Hey Milky, ty for great build. I have a question, what do you think about new amulet Ngamahu Tiki.(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu_Tiki) Some life, fres and 70% inc fire dmg, if you make cap resists\dex it seems good.
I am right. Played EE tri ele trapper before and some popular streamer like pohx, too.

You will notice the purple circle under the enemy when you trigger EE and traps definetly trigger it.

https://youtu.be/ZnNGwtAyTz4

this is a video from my video section, it shows that the traps trigger EE.

@sharlina

a top roll ngamahu tiki can be really good and is worth the slot.

resists arent a big problem, more the dex. If you can handle it its a good option and the best dps item on that slot.
Its also a good item to corrupt since the implicit is trash. +curse/block/max resist are potential corruptions we want.

I will add it into the gearing section ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 7, 2016, 1:26:06 PM
Milky -

Thank you for this awesome build guide. I have been running this character in Prophecy SC as my league starter. WOW. I have never progressed through map tiers as quickly as I have so far with this character. I had to work long days the first three days of the league, so I'm only level 74, but with almost no investment in gear (~ 2c for a good 5L Ar/Es chest, 1c for Lavianga's Wisdom, and 1c for Doedre's helm) and I am decimating content. Only running two curses atm (Temp Chains and Flammability), and haven't even done any labyrinth other than Normal (going to do Cruel and Merc tonight after work). I made a few modifications to your Skill Tree, and now have also pathed south to Ironwood wheel for even more Totem life, and will skip the pathing up by Scion to get north, instead staying through Templar.

This is my tree at the moment :

I will eventually be going through Armour Mastery and Juggernaut notables and then dropping all of the travel/Strength nodes on the far left of the tree. Other than that, I still need Skittering runes, and to pick up the rest of my life and jewel nodes.

Finished tree as I'm planning now will be something like:

Anyway, I have played a fair number of totem builds, and this is by far my favorite I have ever done...

Now to save up for a 6L Chest and a Doryani's Catalyst...
U MAD?
Thanks for the positive Feedback!

I've had a few discussions about the Ironwood cluster in the 160pages, ofc nobody reads every page (i wouldn't neither if i check out a guide).

I dont like the cluster, if we compare your 115pts tree and my
115pts tree there are some major differences.

202% vs 136% armour
188% vs 185% life
5.8% vs 9,9% liferegen
4 vs 6 jewels
NoEE vs EE
304% vs 266% increased dmg
71% vs 51% totem life

Yours got 10% placementspeed, 3%ms, 10% ele resi and 20%flaskrecovery as mentionable stats on top.

I got 10% inc aoe with intuitive leap (or 12% totemlife + playerlife/dmg jewel +1 skillpoint), 8% chaos res, 5% castspeed.

First the offence:

The raw number seem like you will deal more dmg with +20%totem life and +38% inc dmg. However i have 2 more jewels which can go over those values with at least 24% totemlife. Another option is to use one of those for intuitive leap for 10% aoe which helps survivability (blasphemy radius) and clearspeed.
For me a good jewels has 12% totem life, a life roll and a dmg roll
I prefer the aoe, but thats only nice for mapping, in bossfights its rather useless.

The biggest difference is Elemental Equilibrium.

While it is not needed in most cases since mobs die in less then a second and it would actually decrease the cleaspeed if i use it every pack, it helps A LOT in other scenarios.

Maps with Enfeeble, Fire Resi, hexproof, Endurance charges (20% ele resi per charge!) can have a big impact on our cleaspeed. One roll alone is not a big deal, but two together are tremendous, thats where EE shines on magics/rares.
Bosses are another big plus for EE. EE is not affected by the curse effectiveness malus, granting -50% fireres on demand.

I would really reconsider going for EE. Thats the issue with ironwood, too... we dont have enough skillpoints for both. You really want EE after around T10 maps.

Defence:

The life is similar +3% or up to -4% life, depending on the extra jewel, without intuitive leap it can go up to -11% life.

Armour is higher, liferegen lower (around the same % difference).
I value regen higher on a totem build, since we should't get hit frequently, especially with temp chains up in most cases.
Curse immune maps benefit armour since we can swap in determination (both builds) and the benefit of it is higher. No regeneration is obviously better for higher armour, too.
In fights like the atziri trio or daresso/kaom the armour doesnt matter that much, because the hits are so big that the armour isnt that effective.
regen on the other side effectively reduces the amount of flaskcharges needed. in those fight and between packs.
Regen also works better against elemental damage where armour is useless.

Overall we should use a basalt + grantite of iron skin (or rumis) and optional a taste of hate to reduce spike damage.

%armour is less valueable with a carcass jack, belly or lightning coil for excample. Without a high armour base we can have as much armour% as we want, it doesnt benefit us much. A good astral plate on the other side will benefit from it greatly.

Utility stuff:

Castspeed and placementspeed are similar and hard to quantify. Castspeed has a bigger impact since the basecasttime of rf on the totem is pretty high. I dont have the correct numbers in my mind and think that placement is slightly better.

Elemental resists are easy to overcapped with just one have to item (doedres scorn) that blocks resist on gear. the 8% chaos resist are worth more in the lategame, ele while leveling and gearing.

the 20% flask recovery is hard to notice at all and the 3% ms is... fine i guess. Not worth if a movementskill is used, in the other case nice to have but also hard to notice.

tl:dr

Elemental Equilibrium is way too good to pass and the extra jewels result in better clearspeed and mapping flexibility.
The defences is similar, one has more armour, one more regen. Both have positive benefits in different scenarios.

Edit:

Elemental/Totem/Fire/AoE dmg on the tree is not so important for me.
We gain a big chunk of the good nodes we basically have to get (burn cluster/fire aoe cluster, totemnodes with life, aoe nodes). After those basic nodes we got so much out of the gear like 136% dory, 80% doedres scorn and from other options like the new tiki amulet. Dunno why i should spend 5 points on the tree to not even gain the benefit of a 1chaos item ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 8, 2016, 4:57:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info