[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:

overall RFT was the most solid of them all, especially for challenges

This, 100%. I'm having such a hard time trying to come up with a different build for 2.3. I want something that can Alch+go with maps and nothing out there seems as solid as RF Totems. Been playing since day 1 of open beta and this was the first league that I "completed". Casual'd my way to 40/40 and more currency than I've ever had before.

Milky, what are your thoughts on BF Totem or BF Trapper? When I saw the spelltotem buff I thought I would just play totems with a new skill, but I'm not sure if anything will be as solid as this.
Okay, will do things in Prophecy with this build.
Will be my first time with RF or totems, but I think it'll be fun.

Was originally planned to play Discharger, but no cheap Voll's is a catastrophe, so it will wait for the next league (if it won't be nerfed ;) )

Also, have a question.

Is it a great idea to take path to Ramako at the Chieftain tree? Now we have 8 points and we can take Ramako with Tukohama as well.

0.5% life regen per EC with 10% chance to get an EC per kill seems good, amirite?
Last edited by Ksakep on May 31, 2016, 3:16:54 PM
Hi. I have a quick question, what should I upgrade out of the items i have? And what should i change of it?

Here's the equip:

Also, i only have three jewels equipped: spire of stone, intuitive leap and a rare with totem life.
Last edited by Wardener on Jun 1, 2016, 6:01:42 AM
The flame totem's taunt is quite useful and can sometimes even save your rear, its range is decent for clearing with winds of change and its dps "viable" on t13ish maps.

How would you compare flame VS RF totems on HC for a 1st char? (Never played RF but have played flame)
Last edited by RestInPieces on Jun 1, 2016, 7:53:11 AM
@Ksa

Dunno if it works with the degen kill, but i will test it tomorrow to be 100% sure on my now standard rftotemer :p If it works it would be the best node to get, easier charge uptime + regen, hey why not.

@restinpieces

Hard to compare, flametotem can go crit, party mf culler and so on, depends on what you wanna do.
I can tell you that rf totems can clear every content. There is no need for taunt if every mob dies instantly and bosses are safe to kill with manual dodges, temp chains etc.
I actually dont like flametotems, would never play it again except for a party culler.

@gibtuck

If you go crit those bladefall totems. should be great, but its basically the same as shockwavetotem (with a free gem slot).
atm i am testing a trapper with just the skill equipped in a 5l on a standard lvl 80 char, but need to run some maps to make a good picture of it.

@wardener

i would look for a high armour shield with chaos resists and maybe new gloves
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

got this shield, what am i looking for on the gloves?

just to point out i'm at 75% with all the ele res, and 7% on chaos res
Last edited by Wardener on Jun 1, 2016, 6:32:52 PM
"
Wardener wrote:

got this shield, what am i looking for on the gloves?

just to point out i'm at 75% with all the ele res, and 7% on chaos res

my goal would be capping ele resists @169 for lvl 79+ elemental weakness maps.
0 chaos resist in merc (60 in HO) is enough.

it can be hard to get a better shield than lioneyes with the armour, life and 30% block.

There is some potential on the belt for 2 more resists, the gloves for 3 res + around the same armour value (or even more).

The amulet is mostly a statstick but i would check for ones with some more life if possible, maybe some allres on top.

doryanis catalyst can get 14% increased elemental dmg, which is worth a skillnode.

Overall the gear is pretty solid and dont need improvements for most of of the content.

If you use this char to improve the mappool, run impossible mapmods for other builds you cant run, gather some currency etc... i wouldnt touch the gear.

If your goal is to go for the 100 on this char or if its your only character you use and wanna use... there is room for improvements.

Basically trires + life + high armour on shield/gloves, same with boots just with 30%MS, high res + life ring amu (+enough dex), top roll dorys, carcass and doedres scorn.
169 all res + as much chaos resists as possible.

i dont know your flasks, but a quicksilver + 2 lifeflasks + rumis + flexible flask (basalt or resist flask, depending on the encounter) with bleed, freeze and curse removal is desireable.
With a movementsetup you could drop the quicksilver for something else like a taste of hate, silverflask (with %armour) or this consecrated ground flask.

added a theoretical Hierophant edition, which i think to try next league in HC... maybe ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 2, 2016, 1:42:37 AM
Great guide, probably will try this as my stater for new SC league, but can't decide yet. :D
Im sick of this build (I have played it 3 times and got a demi on it in the two week) but for people considering it , yes its an amazing dirt cheap league starter

use his detailed leveling section and id probally reccomend you level all the way with firestorm, as soon as you get the totems are immune to fire ascendency go rf.

I have leveled it as rf without that but its pretty annoying with super short duration totems due to them killing themselves.

Im going to play something new to me this hc league but if I die trying a new build ill probally come back to this build lol. Im really fighting the temptation to just farm currency for the first week on this build.
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Jun 2, 2016, 7:21:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info