[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
hitreza wrote:
Stupid Question: does %totem life increase the damage more then %burning damage?

example: 20% totem life compared with 20% inc burning dmg.

TY <3

yes by a lot

its the same if you have 0% totem life and 0% burning dmg

the difference is, totem life acts like a "more" multiplier, its multiplicative with the burning/ele/fire/dot/aoe dmg and is in the end more valueable

lets say we have 100% totem life and 400% dmg on a totem that has 5000 baselife
dmg effectiveness of 0.68
totem deals 50% dmg of the life

5000*0.68*0.5*2(100% life)=3400 dps

3400x5(400%) = 17000 dps

now with 20% totem life

5000*0.68*0.5*2.2(120% life)=3740 dps

3740x5(400%) = 18700 dps

now with 20% burning dmg

5000*0.68*0.5*2(100% life)=3400 dps

3400x5.2(420%) = 17680 dps

Both stats are important, its just easier to get increased damage than totem life. If we are talking about 700-800% increased dmg, the difference gets even bigger
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 27, 2015, 1:53:54 PM
ty milk!
So I'm currently running this build as MF. Dropped ST temporarily in favour of flame totem with culling strike+inc rarity to pop when bosses are almost dead, and im liking it quite a bit. Finished T10/11 maps with it so far.

Starting to build up a bit of currency now though, and thinking of switching to a more endgame-focused version, and had a question.

Is it possible to run four curses? If I could keep my resists capped with decent armor, could I run a doedre ring+windscream boots, and then wear the hat that adds damage per curse? I was thinking flammability+elemental weakness+temporal chains (dropping arctic armour), then keeping the cwdt enfeeble. It would cost those three extra points for reduced mana, but gain a hefty amount of survivability with temporal chains, plus a bit of extra damage from scorn.

Thanks for all your hard work on this build, and even though you bash your editing job on the initial post, I think it looks fantastic.
sure you could do it, hell if you want you could go for 5 curses with vulnerability on cwdt :P

i tend to run temp chains too instead of flammability or ele weakness because the dmg is insane even on curse immune maps

Things can change while progressing, now i am at a point where changes only occure in gear/gems, which is mostly personal preference or a matter of currency ;)

If you know something to add/change in the guide, let me know

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 27, 2015, 2:12:31 PM
I think I'm in suicide mode with Soul Mantle, should I keep this robe or change it to Belly/Carcass/Lightning Coil? (Too hard for me to roll RRGBB on this robe).
If the robe no need to change, so how about gem and other gears?

I have really hard time with all mobs suddenly appear (monkeys drop from above, fire worms, Goats with Leap Slam,...)

I'm on the way adding more life node (my current life now only 3.1k and 2k3 def)

Gears

Edit: CWDT + Phase Run work great for me, just use it yesterday, but ofc that's not enough for survivability. :(
IGN: Feniksa
Last edited by DkCf on Dec 27, 2015, 3:09:48 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Devop wrote:
I'm in love with this build. Any obvious upgrade suggestions?

Spoiler

You´ve got the basic stuff and some good items, pretty decent overall.

My next upgrade with your gear would be:

Shield: more armour. 1000+, hell even 2k would be awesome ;)

Boots: Life + 30% movementspeed.

Doryanis Catalyst: use regret-recipe on you gems! sell each gem with one regret for lvl 1 gems OR buy new ones at the vendor. you should keep Cast when dmg taken on lvl 1, vulnerability on lvl 5 and tempest shield can be lvl 1 too. You take Tempest Shield for the block, which doesn´t increase with level. vulnerability stays the same on each level too (the degeneration part). You would have higher trigger rates. Or try enfeelbe for survivability.

After those 2 Items and gems you could look out for

gloves with dex, could help with respeccing the 30 dex node.

Ring/Amu/Belt as the last items. The life is good, could get some more resists on it.

135 all resi is enough, but 175 makes you "immune" to ele weakness mapmod (165) and resistcurses by enemys.

maybe a high armor/life helmet for swapping in curse immune maps

Thanks for the help! Swapped out my shield and boots and fixed the gem situation.
@dkCf

Well, you have almost no armour, except the shield, its not wondering me that you eat tons of physical damage with that lifepool.
But thats the price of MF gear. Either you keep mf stuff and run enfeeble or tempchains on blasphemy if you wanna be more tanky
OR
upgrade your gear and lower the mf for more life/armour. its quite cheap to get at least 70 life per piece.

tree link seems to be a bit broken for me, cant see every node...

get a granite flask with %armour roll, that should help a lot

@monk

ive run several chars with cwdt AB and i really like it, maybe i could add it somehow in the future :)

I am looking for a cheap +3 scepter atm, i wanna try it out the next days, but i am poor, first i wanna buy intuitive leap.

atm is thr prrfect moment (20% my ele weakness) to test temp chains on blasphemy. I feel the difference in the dps tho...

In the end, SB in a +3 scepter and lvl3/4 empower might be stronger dps wise. still have not the time to make the calculations :(

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 28, 2015, 12:52:55 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
@dkCf

Well, you have almost no armour, except the shield, its not wondering me that you eat tons of physical damage with that lifepool.
But thats the price of MF gear. Either you keep mf stuff and run enfeeble or tempchains on blasphemy if you wanna be more tanky
OR
upgrade your gear and lower the mf for more life/armour. its quite cheap to get at least 70 life per piece.

Ty, Milky :) I'm just buy Intuitive Leap 5 mins ago and put it in Scion, so next skill point will be 15% Curse Effect and that's all, or anything else there that we need? (two node 5% AoE radius?)
IGN: Feniksa
"
DkCf wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
@dkCf

OR

Ty, Milky :) I'm just buy Intuitive Leap 5 mins ago and put it in Scion, so next skill point will be 15% Curse Effect and that's all, or anything else there that we need? (two node 5% AoE radius?)

yes the radius or else the intuitive leap jewel is not worth it.

the 25% skill effect node might be valuable too if wanted, but not mandatory.

helps with durations of molten shell, shocking ground, arctic breath/aa ground, temp shield etc.

"
DkCf wrote:

yes the radius or else the intuitive leap jewel is not worth it.

the 25% skill effect node might be valuable too if wanted, but not mandatory.

helps with durations of molten shell, shocking ground, arctic breath/aa ground, temp shield etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info