[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Oh, and another note:

Curse effectiveness: This negates a lot of the reduced curse effectiveness certain mobs have (usually the ones where we need the curses the most)

we pick up 30% increased curse effectiveness from the tree, and can get another 10 from blasphemy. (plus more from animated guardian with dying breath if you really want to push it, but that's stretching it)

Map bosses have 60% reduced curse effectiveness, but with our 40% increased, the result is only 20% reduced effectiveness.

That means level 20 flammability + ele weakness goes from -83 * 0,4 = -33% fire resist if we don't take curse effectiveness nodes.

And -83 * 0,8 = -66% fire resist if we do take the curse effectiveness nodes.

a difference of -33% fire resist is a lot when fighting mobs with high resistances, and it's only 4 points on the passive tree.
@Arcaico

not worth the drawback.increased 30% fire dmg are not worth the shieldslot.
IT COULD be ok against stuff like Atziri for the reduced spelldamage.

@PathOfOtter

Hypothermia doesn´t work. i swapped it in for Rapid Decay and it doesn´t show up in the tooltip.

I don´t feel that ConcEffect is necassary for Trashmobs and Rares, its more efficient for the cleaspeed to get as much AoE as possible. Just swap in conc effect for bosses if needed.

+3 gems is a good option but too expensive for me. If you have the motivation and currency, just do it ;)

Atziris Disfavour is a option i consider, allows two 6 links. But again, expensive and i like a shield for defence more. I don´t feel that i need any more damage atm in T12 maps, defence is more important at this stage.

@TheLoneliestMonk

Most of the part is true, but those are 6-7 curse nodes (intuitive leap or not) for 30% effectiveness ;)

It basically makes a lvl 5 Enfeeble to a lvl 18 Enfeeble :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Any good sword or dagger that would work with the build?
I would like to try to use whirling blades.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
no, there arent any swords or dagger that would help. Divinarius for 10% aoe, but every other stat wouldn´t help at all.

you could weapon swap, thats it ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 25, 2015, 1:51:01 PM
"
Marchosiae wrote:
Any good sword or dagger that would work with the build?
I would like to try to use whirling blades.

redbeak if you fancy doing a low life variant.
Chitus' Needle has 30% ele dmg. Not great, but not horrible either.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
hm totally forgot the redbeak, could be interesting :P

running this on my weapon swap now, good for backtracking etc

"
Milkyslice wrote:
@Arcaico

not worth the drawback.increased 30% fire dmg are not worth the shieldslot.
IT COULD be ok against stuff like Atziri for the reduced spelldamage.

@PathOfOtter

Hypothermia doesn´t work. i swapped it in for Rapid Decay and it doesn´t show up in the tooltip.

I don´t feel that ConcEffect is necassary for Trashmobs and Rares, its more efficient for the cleaspeed to get as much AoE as possible. Just swap in conc effect for bosses if needed.

+3 gems is a good option but too expensive for me. If you have the motivation and currency, just do it ;)

Atziris Disfavour is a option i consider, allows two 6 links. But again, expensive and i like a shield for defence more. I don´t feel that i need any more damage atm in T12 maps, defence is more important at this stage.

@TheLoneliestMonk

Most of the part is true, but those are 6-7 curse nodes (intuitive leap or not) for 30% effectiveness ;)

It basically makes a lvl 5 Enfeeble to a lvl 18 Enfeeble :)

Is it worth taking 7 points for another curse and 30% curse effectiveness?

Its a huge investment 7 points ... Considering bosses have -60% effectiveness to curses!

Just some talking out loud / rambling:

The biggest hurdle to this build is capping fire res on totems. 25% base + 13% on tree in easy spots = 37% all res needed. Based on having 3 extra points for flexibility, this can be achieved by:

1) Minion & totem res jewel - lvl 13
- Lose a support gem. Likely increased burning dmg = 59% @ lvl 20, 69% with quality
+ 3 flex skill points over other paths. potentitally 44% dmg in the elemental jewel socket with trifecta jewel (area/fire/DoT/Totem dmg/totem life) + 2 x 4% nodes
+ Can use AA
= 15 to 25% dmg loss. Can use AA

2) Purity of fire - lvl 16
- lose an aura. Likely AA
- 3 flex points needed for aura res nodes / use alphas howl or skyforth
- 3 spec points = effective loss of 44% dmg (as above)
+ less fire res needed on gear
+ can still use inc burning (59%-69%)
+ plus 4 (or 5 with alphas) to max fire res.
= Lose survivability from AA. gain 15% to 25% dmg. gain max fire res for super long duration

3) 4 x totem res jewels
- only 3 spare sockets after spire of stone + intuitive leap. 3 flex points for socket behind elemental nodes
- requires very specific jewels (totem life + totem res + other)
- potentially lose a dmg mod from each jewel (~48%)
+ can still use AA
+ still use inc burn
= Expensive. 11%-21% dmg gain. Can still use AA

4) 1 x totem res jewel + purity of elements
- requires 3 flex nodes for aura reservation nodes
- lose AA
- lose ~12% dmg on a jewel
+ much less res needed on gear
+ makes totems more resilient to light/cold
+ can still use inc burn
= Lose survivability from AA. gain 47%-57% dmg

5) pathing down to ironwood
- costs 10 points in pathing vs 20% totem life, 16% res, 20% dmg, 8% phys reduction
- still needs 21% from jewels
= Just no

tl;dr looks like totem res on jewels is best option if you have perfect jewels and are super late game with lots of skill points. Otherwise minion & totem res as a link seems to win.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Dec 26, 2015, 8:31:46 AM
Great thoughts starlight85!

But puruty of lightning gives +4 maxres to totems... Even +5 if you use alphas

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info