[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

"
Etherfire wrote:
Alright, so after a long time, I find myself planning a melee crit build again :P

Taking fiqst's premise of being compatible with all weapon types, this is the tree I'm currently going with:

Looking for some feedback on it. If it works out well, I'll post a build guide, probably in Feb, because I have barely any time to play these days, let alone write a comprehensive guide. A bit of a teaser, the weapons I'm going to be using are
and

The sceptre will be scour crafted to reach about 350pdps, and the sword is pretty much the second best weapon I had on hand, but also to let me use WB. Other gear will include abyssus, legacy coil, and probably acuities as well, because fuck mana problems, and more importantly, fuck dying.

Good to see you again ether. Looking forward to seeing you have planned.

Don't forget in march we get the ascendancy expansion, so you'll need to factor in starting class as well as tree.

I recently tested lightning strike to some great results so i recommend that skill.

I had it in this set up:

Bino+Catalyst

RRRRGG
LS
MPD
WED
Multi
Added fire
FA

HoA prolif
Blasphemy+AM
(No hatred)

375k with charges
700+k with everything

Full single target with the lightning bolts (+HoA) being the AoE component. 10k consistant regen.

Very effective!

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Yeah, ranger is just most efficient for now, otherwise I'm likely going to go for assassin, or maybe one of the unknown subclasses of ranger or marauder depending on if they're any good or not. Duelist subclasses are nice, but they seem to be more suited towards RT builds, with a rather defensive focus.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
fiqst wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
Alright, so after a long time, I find myself planning a melee crit build again :P

Taking fiqst's premise of being compatible with all weapon types, this is the tree I'm currently going with:

Looking for some feedback on it. If it works out well, I'll post a build guide, probably in Feb, because I have barely any time to play these days, let alone write a comprehensive guide. A bit of a teaser, the weapons I'm going to be using are
and

The sceptre will be scour crafted to reach about 350pdps, and the sword is pretty much the second best weapon I had on hand, but also to let me use WB. Other gear will include abyssus, legacy coil, and probably acuities as well, because fuck mana problems, and more importantly, fuck dying.

Good to see you again ether. Looking forward to seeing you have planned.

Don't forget in march we get the ascendancy expansion, so you'll need to factor in starting class as well as tree.

I recently tested lightning strike to some great results so i recommend that skill.

I had it in this set up:

Bino+Catalyst

RRRRGG
LS
MPD
WED
Multi
Added fire
FA

HoA prolif
Blasphemy+AM
(No hatred)

375k with charges
700+k with everything

Full single target with the lightning bolts (+HoA) being the AoE component. 10k consistant regen.

Very effective!

MPD? Pretty ineffective to use the melee hit, don't you think?
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:

MPD? Pretty ineffective to use the melee hit, don't you think?

I find it strange nobody plays LS as a melee, and only rely on the projectiles as the main form of damage.

But in actual fact, the single target damage is powerful and has a wide angle AoE that covers a screen and a half in the direction you're facing.

Not relying on melee splash means you can use a full 6L single target setup

The lightning projectiles deal about 60% of the melee hit so it's similar to having a free melee splash and is perfect against reflect mobs at distance.

I'll post a video to show what i mean when i can
Made some changes to the OP.

I've turned it into a multi-skill showcase that displays different skills and the stats when used with this build. It is no longer a strictly Dual Strike build.

so far, i've added Lightning Strike to the build, with more to come as i do more testing.

Video of lightning strike Gorge speedrun:

Gorge
"
fiqst wrote:

Video of lightning strike Gorge speedrun:
Gorge

Yeah I see what you mean.
Though clear speed wise, it's just better and easier (screw your flicker strike playstyle lol) to completely forget about melee, grab some ranged nodes and replace mpd with ppad.
Yeah, melee can have slightly better dps which honestly doesn't matter for much except bosses, but fuck does ranged feel better. Also, lets not forget that you're safer ranged too. ;)

Like i said, i've been playing with a pierce gem and it's been a ton of fun. Might just be my favorite attack atm. Can't see myself directly hitting a mob with melee anymore ugh.
Spoiler
Except flicker. Love flicker.
Ugh effort
I like that you're turning this into more of a multi-skill showcase though.
I've been thinking of doing that myself for a while, writing up different ways to play the different melee skills and putting it all into one melee build guide and of course, doing it my way with focus on a balance in offense/defense and end game content + some weird things.

You should try:
Frost blades - gmp - lmp - multistrike - faster attacks - pierce.
Fan of knives type of thing. Looks fun and is fun. :)
Of course, an optimal gem setup would be something like:
frost blades - multistrike - added fire - wed - chain - ppad/fa
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
I like that you're turning this into more of a multi-skill showcase though.
I've been thinking of doing that myself for a while, writing up different ways to play the different melee skills and putting it all into one melee build guide and of course, doing it my way with focus on a balance in offense/defense and end game content + some weird things.

You should try:
Frost blades - gmp - lmp - multistrike - faster attacks - pierce.
Fan of knives type of thing. Looks fun and is fun. :)
Of course, an optimal gem setup would be something like:
frost blades - multistrike - added fire - wed - chain - ppad/fa

yes great suggestions!

i plan on adding
static
molten
frost
viper
and flicker
hey i was wondering why in the skill tree you didn't put points into the frenzy charges, i am following your guide and my friend saw your skill tree and asked me why it had no points in frenzy charges, are they not good for the build?
i found a binos and a mark of the doubting knight on another character that i have waiting for my duelist following this build. i have read online that the doubting knight is trash though, it seems that the two would work well together and the high damage would do well for this crit oriented build. am i right or am i overlooking something?

what would be other good alternatives to doubting knight if it is not a good offhander

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info