Kongming's Stratagem disappointment

I was looking forward to try evasion fire trap build with this shield. To be able to create smoke cloud sounds pretty cool BUT I didn't know it last only 1 second. I believe shield is still usefull if you build in blind in some other way. But for me most interesting and funniest part of this unique sucks.
Give it at least 3 seconds!
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 9:30:32 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1 second? That's pitiful... You're right at 3 seconds it'd be worth it and interesting, but at 1 second it's not usable with traps.

It feels like the only way to make it useful is some sort of elemental blind wand build.
I just made a specific build to use Kongming Stratagem and I was also shocked as you did when I found out how sad the smoke affect is. Not only it pop for a mere 1 second, but its area of effect is unbearable. Why should I even use it if I cant blind more than 2 ennemies?

I'm gonna try with aoe nodes just to see the effect, but for now, its quite a dissapointement.
I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet. Is the size/duration less than smoke mine? During development, I was always under the impression the smoke clouds would be at the very least similar in size/duration to smoke mine and affected by similar affects. If that isn't the case...well, I guess I chalk it up as another wonderful confession of creating unique items with GGG.

It is even more insane when they are so concerned with something being too powerful and then you see the kind of crap they throw into the game. Oh well.

-EDIT-
I have to rant more because I am irritated at this. I mean, the item has no block, no defensive stats, its on a weak base, it can only support a 3L, only traps IN the shield benefit from the smoke cloud effect so you are locked at a 3L trap. Even more so, you are using TRAPS, which are so far down the power scale that it should count as a downside by itself.

-EDIT x2-
So I checked and the smoke clouds do in fact last such a short duration that if you blink you'll miss it. Also...this is not how you hold a fan...
Spoiler

I need to send an email. Probably be ignored but whatever. Maybe I can return it for a trade in.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Dec 16, 2015, 5:34:26 AM
"
...At least the art is nice, Clive...

Look at how he is holding it! They couldn't just...reverse it!? Jesus!
gmmm mb going with

trap + spell + blind? just to trigger trigger the blind effect and then throw the dmg traps?

1second is rly... meh...
"
XRacKS wrote:
gmmm mb going with

trap + spell + blind? just to trigger trigger the blind effect and then throw the dmg traps?

1second is rly... meh...

I checked the duration in-game and it barely lasts long enough to even THROW another trap.
"
"
XRacKS wrote:
gmmm mb going with

1second is rly... meh...

I checked the duration in-game and it barely lasts long enough to even THROW another trap.

nah i mean just forget about the 1 second smokecloud and just use something with a big aoe + blind to trigger the +30% increased dmg effect and afterwards just throw in the heavy stuff ^^

let say in the shield:
trap + blind + firestorm

to blind as much as possible units and than throw

crit firetrap?

seems a bit odd >.<

EDIT:
remebered the acendancy class "saboteur"regarding the "blinded"
Last edited by XRacKS on Dec 16, 2015, 5:54:59 AM
"
XRacKS wrote:
"
"
XRacKS wrote:
gmmm mb going with

1second is rly... meh...

nah i mean just forget about the 1 second smokecloud and just use something with a big aoe + blind to trigger the +30% increased dmg effect and afterwards just throw in the heavy stuff ^^

let say in the shield:
trap + blind + firestorm

to blind as much as possible units and than throw

crit firetrap?

seems a bit odd >.<

EDIT:
remebered the acendancy class "saboteur"regarding the "blinded"

Yeah but you shouldn't have to totally ignore the primary mechanic of the item. The reason why it has so many downsides. Otherwise, why didn't I just make it a regular shield with a bunch of good stats and some damage buff on it?

You could just use a GOOD shield and equip a Talisman for a damage buff.
yeah i know what you mean i just try to figure out the intention while creating the item >.<
if the smoke duration would be 3 seconds... no problem than you could even use it as a trap mine combo... but like this i agree with u i would rather take a good shield xD or agonys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info