Standing monsters 12/12/15

I found 3 frost archmages I couldn't interact with in the ancient pyramid, and a few paces away a door I couldn't open when clicked on but could pass through and inside the area was a vaal totem and 6 flame archmages that I couldn't interact with either. I found a few more through out as well, but when I cleared the rest of the area and went back to check and do a /remaining I was able to interact with the pack around the totem and kill them but the rest were still frozen. The count stayed at 11 monsters remaining and after taking a portal back to town and returning the count is still at 11, but the area is free of any remaining monsters.
Well then my friends, the bug came roaring back early this year.

Cute doggies...

I also have threads on this bug.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1551735
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1548713

I believe it is a general game state bug which can happen with any interact-able object. Mostly you see it with mobs, but it also happens with chests and urns and even quest item containers. It can occur after the object is interacted with as I show with a chest whose game state bugged out after I opened it.

I am running Windows 10 64bit with AMD HD6850; I am thinking there must be a system connection because otherwise the forums would be plastered with everyone in the game moaning about this.
I have also thought about it. The type of connection. I use the predictive mode because my latency varies greatly (50-120) depending on the day and time. Does it is also occurring with the lockstep? I have not tested.

Note: The desinc was terrible this past weekend. And thanks to that, a myriad of times appeared paralyzed monsters.

I'm still not sure, but I believe that for these last days I got to see some monsters that were once active, stop walking and become immobile. But maybe I was tired and seeing things ... :/

Here I am using Windows 7 64bit - nVidia Geforce GT440 1GB and can say that the game runs quite heavy. However I can play many hours without any glitches.

Last edited by Zatlan on Jan 5, 2016, 12:24:55 AM
I have the fluctuating latency and play on predictive also. I have had the POE.exe crash a couple times, about once every 30-40 hours. It does seem like there are more of these glitches when the latency spikes are acting up.
Mobs standing around doing nothing.
Couldn't hurt them.
Jumped in and out of a portal and they disappeared.

Spoiler

On the first day of gaming, RNG brought for me: one Flame Hellion of Frost on The Rocky Climb.
The other day I hadn't seen it in a while and thought maybe the issue had resolved itself. Then as I was fighting the game froze in epic lag spike fashion; I worried if I should just log out or power through it (I play HC); I powered through and after a few seconds of frozen screen the lag spike ended and all the action caught up.

Then when I moved away from where the fight had been I came upon a huge group of "standing monsters".

I am now wondering if it isn't the lag spikes causing the "standing monsters" issue, but rather the issue that causes the "standing monsters" is creating the lag spikes.
This bug has been around for more than a month, since December 11, 2015 when the last major patch has been installed.
What's up? What you from GGG are doing to solve it???

It seems that the GGG does not want to take notice or pretend it does not exist. This and a lot of others, as can be seen here in the forum.

"Premium Stash Tab Bundles!" Maybe it's better that we stop buying the "gorgeous" microtransaction them...

I believe that GGG has created a new class of monsters: Rogue Exiles who can levitate... Does this Marauder is Yoga practitioner? Okay, maybe the correct position in Yoga is not that one. :P

Today I got to see Loathe in more detail...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info