Standing monsters 12/12/15

Corrupt monsters do not move during a Zana Mission (???). Mission has been lost!

Dungeon map
lvl 73
Bug report reference number: 3.508.038.066

Please check it carefully ...

http://imgur.com/ZYRW3db
Last edited by Zatlan on Dec 23, 2015, 8:58:20 AM
Last bumped on May 15, 2016, 8:48:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Again!
Canyon map

Maybe I should only return to play tomorrow?

http://imgur.com/1Kkqjtv

Last edited by Zatlan on Dec 12, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
I noticed the same bug on Dust Scrabblers in the Dried Lake. Several packs are just standing still waiting to be killed.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
"
SaunaChum wrote:
I noticed the same bug on Dust Scrabblers in the Dried Lake. Several packs are just standing still waiting to be killed.

same here, but the mobs are invincible. Seen it on a lot of different mob types
"
Taudlitz wrote:
"
SaunaChum wrote:

same here, but the mobs are invincible. Seen it on a lot of different mob types
I also have this issue. Luckily I didn't lose Zana mission due to this crap.
Bug id 3958496370
Map mods are on first screenshot, current character - Tanrys.
Also, "frozen"(or there shouldn't be quotes?) monsters are somewhat desynced (I play with predictive) - you can see namelocking attack results in second screenshot. /oos doesn't help at all.
Spoiler

And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I checked yesterday that if you open a portal at that point and then return those monsters were not there anymore. They disappear.

I not checked today because it was not time.
I believe that those monsters never existed.

It would be a failure in generating the maps?

I've had this several times on lone enemies. Generally, they seem to be standing in the Da Vinci pose if humanoid, which says to me that they were never activated appropriately.

I'm probably totally wrong, but I'd hazard a guess that there is a race condition for enemy activation that was introduced due to how talismans were added to an enemy in a zone.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow

There were two packs and two Voll...
Frankly?? I'm already tired of it!!!
> :(

Last edited by Zatlan on Dec 16, 2015, 8:20:07 AM

Ever since the 2.1 patch, I've been seeing a lot of static, "frozen" monsters and sometimes even frozen (and therefore non-interactable) environmental objects in the game. The above screenshot shows a bunch of them. Also, the sarcophagus in the background could not be interacted with either - I could mouse over it and the game identified it as a sarcophagus, but I was unable to open it.

I've noticed some additional details regarding this bug as well. Sometimes I can't select the frozen monsters (i.e. nothing shows up when I mouse over them), but other times I can. I usually can't click on these monsters either to attack or even to move to that area (my character simply does nothing when I try to move her on top of them). Sometimes when I try casting on these frozen monsters, nothing happens (i.e. the spell doesn't cast at all, not even as if I just clicked on an empty space). Other times, if I try casting on these mobs, my character actually turns around and casts the spell in the OPPOSITE direction from them. Sometimes strongboxes get stuck graphically i.e. they might identify and open, but still show visually as if they're closed (even if they've already dropped their contents). Sometimes rare monsters caught this way seem to still register as 'active' by way of affecting other monsters nearby with their auras. Also, the monsters and items are actually there (i.e. it's not just a visual glitch) as I can still collide with them and occasionally they actually end up blocking my way in narrow corridors.

My system specs are:
OS - Windows 10 64-bit
RAM - 8 GB DDR3
Processor - Intel Core i7 6500U
Video Card - Nvidia GeForce 940M (4GB VRAM)

Someone suggested that these might be "spawners" meant to tell the map where to spawn monster packs. They normally shouldn't be visible to players. If so, then for anyone mapping, they won't count towards your remaining monsters count for the map.
The bug became more rare (at least for me) but still persists.

http://imgur.com/A4oTxGM
http://imgur.com/LCyF4YD

Last edited by Zatlan on Dec 23, 2015, 9:47:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info