Donald Trump

"
TheWretch wrote:
Are you seriously comparing being called a cracker to years of slavery, physical abuse and hangings?

Being called a cracker is not being persecuted.

Yes Wretch, that's totally what he wrote.

Spoiler

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Are you seriously comparing being called a cracker to years of slavery, physical abuse and hangings?

Yes Wretch, that's totally what he wrote.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I mean, this one time (not at band camp) I was called a cracker by some African-Americans and pressured to go elsewhere. Is it true that white people have been persecuted by black people in my lifetime, simply for being white? Technically, yes.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think it's technically true members of any group have been persecuted against for that membership at any time, regardless of how powerful, established or accepted that group is in general..

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 13, 2016, 2:53:20 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
Nope.
"
TheWretch wrote:
It is.

persecute verb to treat (someone) cruelly or unfairly especially because of race or religious or political beliefs

Now, was it widespread, socially accepted persecution? No, I wouldn't say so. Seemed like an extremely isolated instance to me. Not too bothered by it.

My point is this: based off the definition of the word "persecuted," it's very difficult to say that the phrase "Christians have been persecuted from the beginning of the Common Era until now" is actually false; it would take only a few isolated occurrences per unit time to satisfy such a statement. It is, however, misleading -- because although isolated incidents fit the definition of persecution, the connotation is that of systemic, socially accepted, repeated abuses. Which would be, of course, total bullshit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2016, 3:45:19 AM
No Wretch, cherrypicking words from a quote and ignoring their context doesn't make your case right, it makes it a strawman.

Question is, are you really this bad at interpreting context from written text, or are you being intellectually dishonest on purpose, like a version of Bill O'Reilly localized for the Poe boards?

"
TheWretch wrote:
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v6_oXtwAYE
If you want black on white persecution, just look at South Africa. Inb4 those crackers deserve it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Upandatem wrote:
No Wretch, cherrypicking words from a quote and ignoring their context doesn't make your case right, it makes it a strawman.

Question is, are you really this bad at interpreting context from written text, or are you being intellectually dishonest on purpose, like a version of Bill O'Reilly localized for the Poe boards?

"
TheWretch wrote:

Wasn't trying to cherrypick words, you seemed to be confused so I underlined a few for you. What exactly are you rambling on about again?

Yes, saying whites have been persecuted by blacks is moronic. Then telling some story about how he was once called a cracker as an example is just funny.

Oh and I think you've got it backwards, Bill O' Riley tries to promote that same whites are being persecuted bullshit you're trying to sell.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 13, 2016, 5:21:49 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
Wasn't trying to cherrypick words, you seemed to be confused so I underlined a few for you. What exactly are you rambling on about again?

But that's exactly what you did. For example, you conveniently left out the following line: "But holy fucking shit is it ever misleading to just say so." wich makes it abundantly clear beyond question that the meaning of the post is not what you make it out to be. For fucks sake man, it's literally the first sentence following the part you quoted.

"
Yes, saying whites have been persecuted by blacks is moronic. Then telling some story about how he was once called a cracker as an example is just funny.

Your assertion that his story is about proving how whites are legitimately persecuted on a level comparable to the worst of cases is a textbook example of a strawman.

Your assertion that any persecution, however silly, has to be on that level to technically be classified as persecution, is completely false as any dictionary out there will tell you.

"
Oh and I think you've got it backwards, Bill O' Riley tries to promote that same whites are being persecuted bullshit you're trying to sell.

But neither him nor me is making that point. You made that up yourself from a complete misunderstanding. In fact, I haven't attempted to make any point at all, other that of your argumentation being utterly fallacious.

I guess the part of me that enjoys learning about programming for a hobby simply could not let such a major logic error be. Like, I just came across this really annoying bug and I just had to try and sort it out.

the TL,DR:

"persecute"
verb (used with object), persecuted, persecuting.
1. to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs, ethnic or racial origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
2. to annoy or trouble persistently.

Scrotie: makes a point about how cases of both #1 and #2 are technically acts of persecution in the literal sense, but that it's obviously silly beyond measure to seriously compare the two.

Wretch: questions Scrotie if he's seriously comparing the two

Me:
Spoiler
It's worth noting, though, that publicly shaming whites just for being white is on the upswing. I wouldn't want to be in a Uni now or in the coming years.

There's this weird Original Sin mentality among far leftists in America that is most definitely rearing it's ugly head outside of the Tumblrverse. No one seems to care about challenging it, because who wants to risk looking racist?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you want black on white persecution, just look at South Africa. Inb4 those crackers deserve it.

Not sure about South Africa (but I'm sure about places like Zimbabwe), but it would be misleading to use that to talk about white people's persecution in the west.

At best, you can say it's starting with the SJWs and all, but they can be crushed, and the people at the other side of the spectrum have way more power.

Also, it's part of a cycle of revenge somehow. It doesn't make it ok, but it makes it have some sense.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 13, 2016, 10:52:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info