Donald Trump

"
TheWretch wrote:
When the country's government is owned by violent cartels, what else do you propose? The last 20 years haven't worked

And US is as much to blame as Mexico. See the War on Drugs for the reason the cartels are that strong in first place.

Stupid stuff like "Making Mexico pay for the wall" (I want to see that happen) or using trade tariffs (I want to see the fallout of that when the whole world puts trade sanctions on US for that) are feel good stuff, not realistic solutions, and it's more about scapegoating Mexico rather than searching solutions to problems. Even if it was to happen, the price would fall on the mexican people rather than the cartels or the mexican government.

If you want to weaken cartels, go after their profits with saner drug policies in first place. Being smart is better than being strong.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 6:18:18 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
When the country's government is owned by violent cartels, what else do you propose? The last 20 years haven't worked

And US is as much to blame as Mexico. See the War on Drugs for the reason the cartels are that strong in first place.

Stupid stuff like "Making Mexico pay for the wall" (I want to see that happen) or using trade tariffs (I want to see the fallout of that when the whole world puts trade sanctions on US for that) are feel good stuff, not realistic solutions, and it's more about scapegoating Mexico rather than searching solutions to problems. Even if it was to happen, the price would fall on the mexican people rather than the cartels or the mexican government.

If you want to weaken cartels, go after their profits with saner drug policies in first place.

What fuckin planet are you living on exactly? That would be suicide for any nation

Except the Hermit Kingdom of course lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 7, 2016, 6:18:31 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
What fuckin planet are you living on exactly? That would be suicide for any nation

Like that Steel Tariff incident in 2002-2003 where Europe threatened US with tariffs because they put tariffs?

It happened before, and many would be happy to do it to teach poor Trump a lesson in humility.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 6:21:52 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Like that Steel Tariff incident in 2002-2003 where Europe threatened US with tariffs because they put tariffs?

It happened before, and many would be happy to do it to teach poor Trump a lesson in humility.

You clearly googled that outve your butt. Alright professor do tell, what exactly was the impact of that on the US?

Yes, because world leaders base their country's economies off of silly personal grudges, where is my eye roll emoji when I need it
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 7, 2016, 6:36:04 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
You clearly googled that outve your butt. Alright professor do tell, what exactly was the impact of that on the US?

Yes, because world leaders base their country's economies of off silly personal grudges, where is my eye roll emoji when I need it

US had to remove tariffs to avoid economic damage.

Here is a little synopsis for you.

It's not about sticking to Trump (although it would be satisfying), there is the WTO to decide that. You know, there are trade rules, and one is to not use stupid tariffs.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 6:25:57 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Yes, because world leaders base their country's economies of off silly personal grudges, where is my eye roll emoji when I need it

US had to remove tariffs to avoid economic damage.

Here is a little synopsis for you.

It's not about sticking to Trump (although it would be satisfying), there is the WTO to decide that. You know, there are trade rules, and one is to not use stupid tariffs.

Maybe read your own link next time?

How is the US imposing tariffs equal to another country imposing trade sanctions on it? FAILED HARD

"
TheWretch wrote:

How is the US imposing tariffs equal to another country imposing trade sanctions on it? FAILED HARD

US put trade tariffs on steel, WTO decided US deserved trade sanctions for that. Europe enforced the sanction. US removed the tariff.

Here is the paragraph:

"
On November 11, 2003, the WTO came out against the steel tariffs, saying that they had not been imposed during a period of import surge—steel imports had actually dropped a bit during 2001 and 2002—and that the tariffs therefore were a violation of America's WTO tariff-rate commitments. The ruling authorized more than $2 billion in sanctions, the largest penalty ever imposed by the WTO against a member state, if the United States did not quickly remove the tariffs. After receiving the verdict, Bush declared that he would preserve the tariffs. In retaliation, the European Union threatened to counter with tariffs of its own on products ranging from Florida oranges to cars produced in Michigan, with each tariff calculated to likewise hurt the President in a key marginal state. The United States backed down and withdrew the tariffs on December 4.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 6:32:02 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

US put trade tariffs on steel, WTO decided US deserved trade sanctions for that. US removed the tariff.

So the US put sanctions on imported steel and Europe then threatened to put in their own tariffs? Economically speaking I guess Mexicans have as much sway as Europe?

How does this relate to Mexico and the rest of the world putting trade sanctions on the US over a wall at their border again? Oh right... it doesn't.

LOL.
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 7, 2016, 6:34:17 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
So the US put sanctions on imported steel and Europe then threatened to put in their own tariffs? Economically speaking I guess Mexicans have as much sway as Europe?

How does this relate to Mexico and the rest of the world putting trade sanctions on the US over a wall at their border again? Oh right... it doesn't.

LOL.

All the world would side with Mexico in this. No one would like Trump enough to let that pass when the WTO goes against it. Other nations love free trade. It's not Mexico sanctions what US should fear. (also, we are talking tariffs, not a wall)
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 7, 2016, 6:39:57 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
This is a neutral sources

Then people complain about media spinning it...

NPR is about as neutral as Newt Gingrich, except they are on the opposite (far left) side.
The article you linked (which I think I may have linked earlier) is accurate, as are many things that come from biased sources. That doesn't mean NPR or anyone else is automatically inaccurate or accurate. Viewer discretion is advised.

The fact (physical evidence is available if you want to go check yourself. Just visit some of the border "staging" towns and get physical proof for yourself if you need to).

It isn't an extraordinary claim that Mexico actively supports illegal immigration. That claim is about as unusual and far fetched as saying that there are Islamic people living in Paris. It isn't an extraordinary claim that Mexico is far harsher to people who illegally cross it's borders than the US is. That goes for US citizens traveling south as well as people coming north into Mexico. I personally know a few people (US citizens with passports) who have spent the night in a Mexican jail until they bribed their way out because they went south past a border town without a visa or permit. It happens a lot. It happens to Mexican citizens going north as well, because the police may decide that you are going to help them smuggle some drugs across.

A ------ someone I know --- was given the choice of smuggling some drugs across in her car, or getting to watch her daughter being raped. The mother was smart and said that her daughter was pregnant, and the Mexican police felt a little squeamish about it and let them go.

The corruption is horrific and runs through all kinds of levels of the government. This isn't speculation, it is fact. It may not appear that way to someone who doesn't live here, but it is a fact of life, not a claim.

This is small chunk from a study done at Harvard

http://iop.harvard.edu/sites/default/files_new/research-policy-papers/TheWarOnMexicanCartels_0.pdf

"GOVERNMENTAL, JUDICIAL AND POLICE CORRUPTION

Extensive corruption in the Mexican government, judicial system, and law enforcement is one of most significant obstacles challenging the government’s ability to stop drug trafficking and cartel violence in Mexico. As such, tackling this corruption must be a high priority for the Mexican and American governments as they seek to end the destruction caused by the Mexican drug cartels. In this section, we analyze the structural roots of corruption in the Mexican government, judicial system, and law enforcement apparatus, respectively. We then offer proposals for corruption reducing policies. To fight government corruption, we propose that Mexico revise its federal reelection processes and implement a more transparent fund flow between the federal and state governments. To protect the Mexican judiciary, the US should wield its influence in the UN to establish specific anti-corruption requirements for the judiciary, as well as tie MÚrida Initiative funds to concrete Mexican efforts to protect reports and the free flow of information. "

TL/DR - saying that Mexico is corrupt and complicit in illegal immigration is about as extraordinary as saying that Bernie Sanders isn't a spring chicken anymore.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info