Donald Trump

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Sadly, looking at media coverage, I'd bet more on Trump than on Clinton.

Then you're completely ignoring all available polling, which suggest he will lose in a landslide. Granted, we're still a ways out, but let me give you a single point of data to chew on:

Richard Nixon's favorability when he left office was two points higher than Trump's at this moment.

Hillary's only at around 40% favorability. And when Trump starts firing at her in June my hope is that it will decrease even further :3 My ideal scenario though would be Hillary goes to jail, Bernie steps in and finally stumps the Trump. Bernie is the only candidate Trump would actually lose to in a landslide.

Prediction for 2016 presidential race.

Bernie Sanders is unlikely to win the Democratic nomination. Hillary Clinton will almost certainly become president. Trump would be the runner up.

"
deathflower wrote:

Bernie Sanders is unlikely to win the Democratic nomination. Hillary Clinton will almost certainly become president. Trump would be the runner up.

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at how Trump destroyed Ted Cruz. He hired one of his misstresses, built up the "Lyin' Ted" meme for months and now let that bomb explode. I think Trump can send Hillary to jail. With memes.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at how Trump destroyed Ted Cruz. He hired one of his misstresses, built up the "Lyin' Ted" meme for months and now let that bomb explode. I think Trump can send Hillary to jail. With memes.

Not gonna happen.

Prediction

Hillary Clinton is not going to jail for email scandal.
Trump has to actually win moderates, minorities, and women in the general.

Check his ratings with those groups, then tell me with a straight face that he has even a tiny chance at this.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:

Check his ratings with those groups, then tell me with a straight face that he has even a tiny chance at this.

People have been telling me since June 2015 that Trump doesn't have a chance to win anything. In fact, they were in complete denial until like November, saying it was just a PR stunt and that he's a clown. We'll see how it goes, imo it's basically a coin toss between him and Shillary.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Antnee wrote:

You're really so sure of this, like gun to your head sure of this.

Trump may win, he may not I have no clue.

But holding onto ratings and polls, the same polls and likely the same methodology which had him completely dead in the water before the primaries even started as your rationale doesn't cause you to reflect...not at all?

Maybe even pause for a tiny bit before releasing this gem

"
Antnee wrote:

I would be more shocked at a Trump presidency than any other event in my life, including 9/11.

Oh, ok.

"
Antnee wrote:

The world is full of fucktards. Ours are just different

You don't say.

For the sake of playing POE and whatever other finger-waging you do, I really hope you don't wear out your arm patting yourself on the head too hard leading into 11/8
Last edited by Laurium on Mar 25, 2016, 6:13:29 PM
"
Laurium wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

You're really so sure of this, like gun to your head sure of this.

Trump may win, he may not I have no clue.

But holding onto ratings and polls, the same polls and likely the same methodology which had him completely dead in the water before the primaries even started as your rationale doesn't cause you to reflect...not at all?

No, no pause. Because he is winning, but winning only the lowest common denominator. Moderates win general elections. The Undecided win general elections. Those groups have made up their minds on Trump.

Hell, even the GOP is dead-set against him winning the nomination, because they know that he will absolutely fuck the downticket races. On the exceedingly remote chance he wins the general, the damage done to the party will last decades.

For more on this, go ahead and check out Dukakis' 1988 presidential run. He fucking CRUSHED the democratic primary.

And then this happened.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
An small loan of one million exalted orbs.
Given the low voting turnouts in US I hear about, I think it matters more who motivates their voters better rather than who has a better overall aprobation rating. It's not that Trump is so loved that that would make him win (he is being voted by Republicans after all, sample bias and shit), what would make him win is people not voting because they don't have a candidate they care about.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
This election is unreal

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info