Donald Trump

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Ominous but empty. What you know about Donald J. Trump is filtered through a casual perusal of oppo media loaded with negative agit-prop. You probably even blame him for the rioters posing as morally righteous protesters. Please do us all a favor and stop pretending to be a source of sage political advice for people in a country 4,000 miles away on another continent. 'Kay? ='[.]'=

shots fkn fired!!!!

crying

But hey, that's a double standard. Raycheetah can be a source of sage political advice for german people about refugees and Merkel yet I cannot be one about Trump for US people! He can talk about the dangers of multiculturalism and the extremist muslims while I cannot talk about the dangers of fascism and electing douchebags! What a world.

I didn't think it was worth my time answering, but if you are going to see that as a valid reason of mockery, I have to. This little injustices get under my skin. He is free to defend Trump as I'm free to talk about how awful he is. The people that try to silence other people show their true colors.

I think he/she is just a hypocrite and unable to disagree with people constructively.

"
Laurium wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
No, I checked (some of) the science, I'm of those that can actually read scientific studies (STEM, specifically electrical engineer).

You're hilarious. Is pretentiousness a badge of honor where you're from?

Oh well, you got me. That sounded douchey. I just wanted to say that I actually took some time to read papers about the subject, that I'm trying to go without being blind. Ok? A physicist would be a more apropiate person to talk about this anyway, a better authority.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 16, 2016, 8:22:52 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You throw around the term liberty in a weird way.

Mother Nature is tough as nails. It's people who aren't. I'm pretty confident nothing we could do would wipe out life on Earth. Wiping out human life, however, is a much more doable task.

False. We can destroy Earth in a way nature wouldn't survive. Specially with nuclear weapons. Maybe some microorganism could survive. Maaaybe.

About drugs, I'm not talking about criminalizing users, I'm talking about criminalizing drug dealing (when it comes to heavy drugs). Similar to some places of Europe. No easy solutions to that, specially not letting it be, although I admit rehabilitation would be more desirable than persecuting dealers.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 16, 2016, 5:32:42 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
About drugs, I'm not talking about criminalizing users, I'm talking about criminalizing drug dealing (when it comes to heavy drugs). Similar to some places of Europe. No easy solutions to that, specially not letting it be, although I admit rehabilitation would be more desirable than persecuting dealers.
When possessing and selling a substance isn't illegal, organized (and disorganized) crime doesn't control the market for said substance. Think about what types of people you purchase alcohol from; how dangerous are they? (Admittedly, perhaps a little; barkeeps do have to deal with the occasional alcoholic lunatic. I imagine they're slightly more likely than the average person to carry a concealed weapon. But such things are rarely if ever used.)

Also, back when alcohol was illegal in the US, gangsters controlled that, too.

Colorado has the right idea.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 16, 2016, 6:06:52 PM
Thing with heavy drugs is that you have to make an analysis between what's more harmful, letting the drugs free or having criminals sell it. I think it's not as evident as a question, yet with less control over softer drugs should be less of a problem.

Prohibition tried to control alcohol. Alcohol was socially acceptable before the prohibition, also, the harm done by alcohol wasn't comparable to the damage done by mafia, so it was a bad idea all around.

You maybe have a point, but I think I'd rather find a way to remove the worst drugs from the market, even if hard. With Marihuana, shrooms, alcohol and all kind of lesser crap it should be enough to get high, I hope.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 16, 2016, 6:07:44 PM
The globalists spent 35 million dollars on anti Trump ads in Florida and The Donald still won by a landslide... Jesus Christ.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Money can't replace smarts.

PS: here is a criticism of Trump's policy platform. Something more sotisphicated that calling him Hitler.

And this is from the Onion.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 17, 2016, 1:54:45 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
The people that try to silence other people show their true colors.

That´s what happened in Russia(Putin) and that´s what is happening in Turkey(Erdogan, the current EU deal is a very bad outcome). Both were elected and are censoring their media and don´t seem to have a problem with violence against their own people. Trump makes it pretty clear that he´s not interested in checks and balances via independent journalism(not to mention this seems to be weak in the US already), that´s the impression I get here when I listen to him, not much more needed than his words.

Too often he does not answer tough questions, but starts to insult people. I´m aware that "negative campaigns" have a tradition in US politics more than here, but my impression is that many voters don´t notice how antidemocratic his attitude really is. Now he is warning, there might be riots, "if"....

Is that a word of warning or a message to his followers ?

edit: Don´t take my words wrong, we´re witnessing a democratic process here, I´m just not sure how he might "change the rules", if he´d manage to become president.

Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 18, 2016, 9:50:22 AM
While my comment about silencing opponents wasn't about Trump (although you can make an interesting analysis around that), I think I can play devil's advocate with this:

"
Trump makes it pretty clear that he´s not interested in checks and balances via independent journalism(not to mention this seems to be weak in the US already), that´s the impression I get here when I listen to him, not much more needed than his words.

Thing is, many don't see journalism as independent, they see it as a extension of corporate influence. They are not wrong (corporate media has manipulated information for their own purposes too many times already), but that makes easy for a demagogue to ignore the truth and call bias everytime they are criticized. It doesn't help that most Trump coverage has lacked nuance or intelligence. It was "He is literally Hitler", so they have acted in a way favorable to him. I say that the contempt for media is media's fault mostly.

I have called Trump fascist (or getting close to that) many times and I'm still convinced of that, yet it's mostly preaching to the choir. You need better criticism (refuting his actual political proposals would be better, that's not really that hard if you have been paying attention, he is just that weak in that front). It doesn't happen.

His love for large scale deportation and his ways to confront terrorism sound mostly as a love for unnecesary, useless force/violence, but no one seems to care. Those are points that no one discusses constructively anymore. Maybe it's time to move on and try other ways, or just stay silent and accept doom, I don't know.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 18, 2016, 11:57:55 AM
Germans calling Trump Hitler, I love this thread
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
Germans calling Trump Hitler, I love this thread

Cheap, really, read,

or trolling...

It´s so entertaining, isn´t it ?
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Mar 18, 2016, 5:33:24 PM