Donald Trump

There have been plenty of troubling revelations about both main candidates thus far. But the possibility that the Department of Justice may be/have been obstructing actual justice is by far and away the worst.

Human nature is always such that politicians on both sides will tend toward corruption over time. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We can't prevent it before it happens, but we can pursue it doggedly once we have evidence that it is happening. When the DoJ is compromised by partisan politics, you can forget about things like the rule of law, liberty, and equality.

If we can't trust presidents to nominate individuals of integrity for the DoJ, and if we can't trust Congress to block partisan appointments, it's probably time for direct elections.
"
innervation wrote:
If we can't trust presidents to nominate individuals of integrity for the DoJ, and if we can't trust Congress to block partisan appointments, it's probably time for direct elections.
Oh, fuck that. That's a way to make it partisan for sure.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
mmm still partisan but not in the same way. Rather than Obama getting to pick a schill that will do as he commands, you could at least get someone from another faction of the party. We know that the public already tends to vote the house/senate differently from the WH as a check. The same for their states where you will frequently see a (D) governor and (R) legislature, or vice versa, so I think we can trust the public in this regard.

Electing a 'never trump' republican for DoJ seems a better alternative than Chris Christie, likewise I'd much more trust a Bernie-approved person for the job to have more integrity than whomever Clinton would appoint.

If voters went all the way and put Christie in there to check Clinton...I mean the negatives are obvious, but on the bright side it might actually force the hag to clean up her act for once in her political career.

Then again, hypotheticals in isolation are even more useless than they already are to start with. In a system with more broad and thorough changes, a lot of the anticipated negatives of such a structure change would melt away.
Last edited by innervation on Nov 3, 2016, 4:37:18 PM
Most bookies have a Donald win at 33% or higher.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Eighty Three ballots to fill out and mail, Eighty three ballots this year,
Open one up, mark it and mail, eighty two ballots to fill out and mail.

Eighty Two ballots to fill out and mail, Eighty two ballots this year,
Open one up, mark it and mail, eighty one ballots to fill out and mail.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
***Ugh***

Wikileaks seems to be taking the Beanie Baby thing seriously:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/794247777756860417

If this turns out to be true, Trump should make Hillary the North Korean ambassador.

If they book the flight now, the flight from DCA to FNJ (Via Beijing) would cost $761 plus taxes and airport fees.

Hillary could even enjoy a nice meal en route:

She wouldn't even need to get new outfits:

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I kek'd.

Last edited by Xavderion on Nov 4, 2016, 12:47:43 AM
That's terrible to hear. When I was a kid we had mock elections and everything went fine. Schools are f**cked up now.
Censored.
So to sum up this last week or two:
GOP staffers have been found guilty of abuse of public office for retributively closing bridges in NJ to punish a mayor that wouldn't co-sign off on Christie;

FBI director is on the hot seat for inserting himself into the election cycle with pure speculative innuendo, and has had to basically admit he trumped it all up for effect ;

Rudolph Guliani is suspected of unlawfully receiving and leaking information from the FBI as a election manipulation tool.

Fox News is issuing apologies for running flatly false stories and implications, for lying about pretty much everything to do with Hillary for the past week at least.

GOP elected officials have cut short and then re-extended early voting in at least 2 states;

NC GOP officials have admitted to 'throwing out some votes';

and florida GOP controlled government is under fire for immediately tossing any ballot where the signature does not 100% digitally match signature on file but have a process to send in a sworn affidavit if you didn't sign the ballot at all.

It has been a bad week in GOP land. Let's just hope they decide to stop breaking the law, screaming that everyone else are the law breakers and calling for civil war.

Hey...is this thing on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info