Donald Trump

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
Is it that what they teach in finance´s, got to be a joke right and doesnt quiet answer the question,

Debts or loans are by definition borrowing one person's current money, with the intent to pay it back in the future. In this case, the central banks/governments might be borrowing money from other nations, or they might be borrowing from themselves. In the latter case, this is money they don't have, so it is in a sense imaginary.

The thinking goes like this: If the debt is $20, but I make $2000, the debt is only 1% of my income. If the interest on the debt is 5%, then as long as my income grows by more than 5%, the debt ratio will go down, even though the dollar amount goes up.

So, I might owe $21.05 in 2017, but if my income/economy grows by 6%, then I'll make $2,120 in 2017. In which case, I would owe 0.99% of my annual income/economy to pay off the debt.
That only worked as long as governments weren't adding additional debt faster than the economy grew.

I will take my seat, sir ;D
I knew that Money can be backed by your Society, but i have no proper knowledge of finance.
Still we have to admit, that the number´s are pretty retardet,because it can suddenly turn evry country rich.
That why i dont get why the Donald is mocking China, for bringing down there currency, if it´s technicly there right to do so. I quess, it has to do about how much they did it.

That method of paying it back (growing income), is also Inflation/scam, because it constantly devalue´s what i already own, assuming there are no stable prize´s, right?
So those 6% should be used on my Money aswell.

There are devenetly a lot of cases of hyperinfaltion. Back then in Germany, they even used there Money to heat there oven´s.

Anyway´s, all those number games are pretty fu...d up, and i will leave the debate, to not come accrose as a fool. My intrest on such topic´s, are coinsidence´s and our modern Society tell´s my ""class"" to make love/baby´s. Afterall, im only a "sinner"".

"
DalaiLama wrote:
So, in essence, you are very correct to be concerned about where the banks and governments are getting this money from. It's a big reason why governments need to consider trying to balance their budgets. There was/is a line of thinking that the actual dollar amount of the debt didn't matter as much as what the debt was as a percentage of the GDP (total annual economy of goods and services).

The thinking goes like this: If the debt is $20, but I make $2000, the debt is only 1% of my income. If the interest on the debt is 5%, then as long as my income grows by more than 5%, the debt ratio will go down, even though the dollar amount goes up.

So, I might owe $21.05 in 2017, but if my income/economy grows by 6%, then I'll make $2,120 in 2017. In which case, I would owe 0.99% of my annual income/economy to pay off the debt.
That only worked as long as governments weren't adding additional debt faster than the economy grew.

In the graphic I posted, the change between the three blocks shows how well or how poorly some nations have done using that strategy and with their spending.

If governments can reign in their free spending habits, in most cases, the private sector can eventually make up for a lot of it. I can't speak to other nations private vs government efficiency rates, but the rule of thumb for the US economy is that for every dollar the government taxes, 7 additional dollars could have been made by leaving that money alone. When the government spends that taxed dollar, it usually doesn't generate anywhere near the same number of "turns". Bah, I don't recall the average government turn rate off the top of my head at the moment - I want to say its around 2.5-3 turns, but I could be mistaken.

This has to do with the money getting spent by one company, respent by the next company and so on, until it is reabsorbed. The government is borrowing the money, so right off the bat, they have to pay interest on it and are at a spending efficiency disadvantage. From there on out, usually the contracts they award and the manner in which they award them are not always to efficient companies, and the delay between acquiring the money and spending it also cause a loss, so a larger chunk gets lost at each step.

No expert either, and I live in a country with a 30% yearly inflation rate since forever that had a great depression because of a poorly managed debt crisis, as Greece, so I'm not goint to say "we can print" like Trump. The guy knows how to destroy the faith in US credit.

What you said is mostly true, but I have to nitpick about the private sector thing. That's true most of the time, but then you have situations like the liquidity trap after the 2008 crisis (essentially, the paradox of thrift), so private hands won't end doing the investments. In that situation, an active government, debts be damned, it's necessary.

Also, there is that kind of spending you can argue is only government's function and a boon to society if done right (research, defense, safety net, and so on).

Debt emitted by a very stable country is a form of safe asset too, and safe asset's are an economical need.

I've heard about something called secular stagnation too that could affect this. But a lot of people argue against that. It seems likely for Japan and Europe, but it has been generally wrong in the past.

A balancing budget is a good thing to have, but it can be really problematic under certain conditions (because it tends to amplify bussiness cycles, so balancing in the middle of a crisis can be contraproductive, Argentina in 2001/2002 is a good example of that, been there, seen that).

Then there is the automatic stabilizers, that US has. It works as a negative feedback to GDP growth forced via deficit spending. I'm not sure of its function, probably so it's predictable.

A lot of this is mostly talked by New Keynesians, there are counterarguments of course.

TL;DR: debts matter, balancing the budget matters, but not having a deficit in specific situations can make things worse. Debt is big and scary, but don't panic.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on May 28, 2016, 12:43:52 PM
I agree with whoever said if war is what you love (and what American doesn't?) vote for that Clinton person. 100% guaranteed.
Censored.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
vote trump, its been like 70 years since we all had a proper war, about damn time.

If people want war they should vote Shillary tbh.

In any case, war will be good, a good proper, long, war is what humanity needs now, it is in human nature to kill each other. Its good for the environment, for us as a species since we are too many, and for society in general, young men have war in their hearts, these last generations are turning into pampered pussies because none of them had to take any shit in the army or fight.

I vote for war.

Listening to manowar lately or something?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I don't know what he is talking about. The US has been having military adventures since 2001.
Censored.
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:

I will take my seat, sir ;D
I knew that Money can be backed by your Society, but i have no proper knowledge of finance.
Still we have to admit, that the number´s are pretty retardet,because it can suddenly turn evry country rich.
That why i dont get why the Donald is mocking China, for bringing down there currency, if it´s technicly there right to do so. I quess, it has to do about how much they did it.

The governments don't mind if each of them cheat a little, but if one of them is cheating more than the others, they aren't happy.

"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
That method of paying it back (growing income), is also Inflation/scam, because it constantly devalue´s what i already own, assuming there are no stable prize´s, right? So those 6% should be used on my Money aswell.

Theoretically, a rising tide should be lifting all boats. So, when the overall economy is X% better each year on a consistent basis, you should see a raise in your income.

Practically speaking, when the economy rises, it creates more jobs, rather than giving bigger pay raises. When the economy starts creating jobs faster than companies can fill them with qualified people is when the companies have to start giving bigger raises to keep from losing their employees to another company.

As an example, one of our competitors had a very good year, and as a result of growth (despite taking a 900 Million dollar loss in one quarter last year)needs another 12,000+ skilled employees. They are trying to poach them from our company by offering people a 15-20% raise over what they are currently making. So far, very few are biting, because our competitor doesn't have a good track record for overall compensation.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
NeroNoah wrote:

What you said is mostly true, but I have to nitpick about the private sector thing. That's true most of the time, but then you have situations like the liquidity trap after the 2008 crisis (essentially, the paradox of thrift), so private hands won't end doing the investments. In that situation, an active government, debts be damned, it's necessary.

Also, there is that kind of spending you can argue is only government's function and a boon to society if done right (research, defense, safety net, and so on).

Debt emitted by a very stable country is a form of safe asset too, and safe asset's are an economical need.

These are all very true! Sometimes, the government needs to just set the example. Businesses tend to be scared of their own shadow when it comes to economies that have been rough and are just starting to turn around. It is far easier to protect what you have then risk it and make more.

"
NeroNoah wrote:

TL;DR: debts matter, balancing the budget matters, but not having a deficit in specific situations can make things worse. Debt is big and scary, but don't panic.

Agreed. If it is reasonably accrued and well managed* and grows a rate slower than the economy (on a longer term basis, year to year not so critical) then debt isn't all that bad. Debt actually allows other people with money and no real way to invest it, to reap some benefits.
Retirement accounts wouldn't work if there wasn't some way to loan out that money as a debt and get it repaid with more in the future, as an example.

*Businesses like predictability - just watch the stock market jitters around election time and in the few weeks leading up to the swearing in ceremony. In a sense they care less about who wins, then about having someone definitely as the winner. Why? Because once they know what direction the new administration is taking, they can adjust the way they spend and invest accordingly. If it is going to be a tax heavy administration for instance, the brakes are applied on investing. If there will be admin incentives for investing, the gas pedal will be applied to expanding business along that line where possible.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
"
Disrupted wrote:

I think the left needs to realize the monster it has created and how its gradually poisoning society. when people cant even joke without risking losing their job and whatnot (oh yes, Ill never forget how SJWs made a nobel prize laureate lose his job due to an harmless joke) you know there's something real wrong going on.
News like this shouldnt be real (happened just the other day):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/nazi-pug-man-arrested-after-teaching-girlfriends-dog-to-perform/
^I understand how it can offend people, but to arrest someone for that? nice going britbongistan, guess there werent enough kids spreading butter with a dull knife to be arrested that day (and hell yeah, the dog doing the salute its a complete riot, even better that its name is Buddha)

The thing that disturbs me most about the dog video is this quote in the article:

"
Ephraim Borowski, director of the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities added: "To regard the meticulously planned and industrialised murder of six million people solely on the grounds of their ethnicity as a joke is outrageous, and for someone who does so to claim not to be racist, beggars belief."

It's like, Hitler was responsible for waaay more murder than 6 million Jewish people, but, uh, fuck them, they're not Jewish.

From wikipedia, even though the article also seems to gloss over the fact:

"
Other victims of Nazi crimes included ethnic Poles, Soviet citizens and Soviet POWs, other Slavs, Romanis, communists, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses and the mentally and physically disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RY83mAr5uA not offensive at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iI0qAIaJDM probaply highly offensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRsoLqHGr4 truely highly offensive

Draw your picture
Come on guys, don't you know Poles were responsible for killing Jews? We even invited Germans to help us out with the task!
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't know what he is talking about. The US has been having military adventures since 2001.
'

2001?
We have had permanent war since WW2. The military-industrial complex is very lucrative corporate welfare and all the people we install is too.

People blame muslims for 2001 terror but all that is is blowback when terrorized non stop by US war machine. Not to mention we built these armies like AQ for proxy wars (operation cyclone). self perpetuating and Wall Street loves it.

PS al Qaeda is the US's friend yet again in Syria, relabeled as Al Nusra for public consumption to take out Assad. Wonder how "al Nusra" attacks us when war ends?

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 30, 2016, 2:08:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info