Donald Trump

"
Honestly I'm basing 'decline' on the fact that the slight majority of high school graduates would not be able to pass the current GED test.

I think there is a good percentage of people that just aren't quite ready for college when they are eighteen to twenty-ish, whether they get through high school, or not. After a few years of working and getting a first hand perspective on paying bills and seeing the consequences of their actions, they make the leap from care free to determined to succeed.

IMO, a larger portion of educational funding should go to this group. Whether they graduated or went back and obtained their GED, they seem to be more goal oriented and successful.

Finding direction, a sense of purpose and understanding who they are is not always easy for people who are just becoming adults. Pushing them into higher education before they are ready for it can backfire.

Vocational schools can work wonders for some people as well. If someone has a knack for something, enjoys doing it and there's a limited pool of skilled labor for that job, then they can enjoy a nice career in it.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It seems to me that Politically Incorrect was cancelled due to declining ratings, not simply saying some terrorists weren't cowards. I imagine saying they weren't cowards, and having FOX News repeatedly cover Maher saying it, had something to do with the ratings drop, but hey - that's how the American people felt back then. As far as Bush goes, the terrorists who weren't in the plane were valid targets for the coward label, so his initial use of the term "faceless cowards" shortly after the attacks was legit enough; the government's tendency to repeat the word in other contexts, not so legit. (Googling Bush's words, the phrase "Freedom itself was attacked" seems a lot more dubious.)

I'm gonna have to take it to the net (TAKE IT TO THE NET!) to make sure my memory is serving me correctly, but how I remember it is he didn't just say the kamikaze pilot weren't cowards, he said the US military and the shock and awe campaign was cowardly, and within a fortnight the advertisers and sponsors dropped the show.

p.s. I totally said 'fortnight'

p.p.s Huh, I guess it's half and half, but I remember the cancellation coming sooner and the head office of ABC being more forward. I guess I was mixing that up with certain affiliates suspending broadcasts. Regardless, it's a he said-she said about the cancellation reason:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politically_Incorrect#Controversy_and_cancellation

"
Maher agreed, and replied: "We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, [it's] not cowardly."[4]

Despite similar comments having been made in other media, advertisers withdrew their support and some ABC affiliates stopped airing the show temporarily.[4] White House press secretary Ari Fleischer denounced Maher, warning that "people have to watch what they say and watch what they do."[5] Maher apologized, and explained that he had been criticizing U.S. military policy, not American soldiers.[6]

The show was canceled the following June, which Maher and many others saw as a result of the controversy, although ABC denied that the controversy was a factor and said the program was canceled due to declining ratings.[7][8][9] Maher said that the show struggled for advertisers in its final months.[10] There were subsequently comments in various media on the irony that a show called Politically Incorrect was canceled because its host had made a supposedly politically incorrect comment.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
But aye, semantically the statement was fine. It was obvious Bush was more referring to the planners and not the attackers themselves.

"

Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended.

I want to reassure the American people that the full resources of the federal government are working to assist local authorities to save lives and to help the victims of these attacks.

Make no mistake: The United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts. I've been in regular contact with the vice president, secretary of Defense, the national security team and my Cabinet. We have taken all appropriate security precautions to protect the American people. Our military at home and around the world is on high-alert status and we have taken the necessary security precautions to continue the functions of your government. We have been in touch with the leaders of Congress and with world leaders to assure them that we will do whatever is necessary to protect America and Americans.

I ask the American people to join me in saying a thanks for all the folks who have been fighting hard to rescue our fellow citizens and to join me in saying a prayer for the victims and their families.

The opening sentence is kinda brilliant as it really sets the stage for the ambiguous 'War on Terror' that followed. Not 'War on Osama' or 'War on Al-qaeda' but 'War on all the bad things'. Who's really gonna say, nah, I don't like this war, I'm a big fan of 'terror' actually.

Or it could be a truther nugget, inferring Bush didn't pluralize 'coward' because he already knew it was Osama... Now I'm actually wondering if the truthers have ever used this.

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 11, 2016, 5:55:08 AM
What I don't like about the opening sentence is the implication that the US is Freedom itself. It's made to be interpreted that way by some people, in another way by other people. If you've been tracking my conversation with Snorkle in that other thread, it's the Bush equivalent of Obama's "wrong side of history."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 11, 2016, 9:53:15 AM
"
Srsly you can win 10 free internets from me if you can provide your personal definition of what an SJW is and what PC is.

Bonus internets if you thought of just providing what the acronyms stand for as an initial troll response to mess with me.

sorry man, you may have supposed im from america (what's with faux news and all. but im from Portugal, it was almost 4:30 AM

I do fall into the pit of using it as a buzzword, because it globalizes extreme left stupidity, now for a more serious definition in the current era:

SJW are cultural relativist authoritarians who follow marxist collectivist (well, duh) ideals and seemingly have good base ideals, but fall short due to flawed logic which is perpetrated (mostly) unchallenged in their group due to a cult-like mentality and quick attack of those who dare to speak against their chosen narrative.

At base the ideals of an SJW seem good, to fight injustice and have a goal of equality for all, but a closer look reveal great flaws in their methods (there's so much wrong in them that we'll have to go through stages on it, I'll let you to ask what you want explained first). They are the Regressive left (self-called progressives, who are actually radical neo-progressives), they use the label of liberal even though many of their views contradict liberalism and free speech altogether.

For Political correctness, I think part of wikipedia is right "a term which, in modern usage, is used to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society." However the use is often excessively, as a way to silence both news and opinions.

I kinda understand why you think exists only in the imagination off the right, because this is snowballing and most of the left media is unwilling to challenge them out of fear of being called some sort of "ist". Hell, even fucking Mr.Fucking straight unoffensive jokes Jerry Seinfeld joined the group of comedians who refuse to do comedy at universities due to rampant SJW madness.

"
I'm honestly asking, is this article accurate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Well, for starters it mentions GG as if it was a bad thing, that should be quite a hint for those in the know. I know from people that didnt do any search on it and only took the news from the exact same corrupt media it was criticizing, this statement will seem ludicrous.
but if you have any interest on what happened there I have this link with collected news from both sides, links, videos, etc.

https://gitgud.io/gamergate/gamergateop/tree/master/Current-Happenings

Do note how many of the links lead to a "flagged by google" page or 404 by now. its extremely sad how the truth has been continually shut down under the guise of hatred.

which leads me to another facet of SJWs, self-victimization and seeking of something to be offended at. by just ctrl+f I dont seem to be able to find the reporting on twitter blocking over 10,000 accounts of which only a very small number of people were harassers (dont remember exactly, but pretty sure the numbers were between 60 and 70).
either way, Im not part of that movement, just someone that cared enough to research a bit and I found that (well there was another link before, they've been hunted down continuously. GG actually cared to do journalistic investigation, while anti-gg sites (pretty much just those who were being criticized and those that took the news from them) all said "look at this random twit by some troll who might even be us (to this day not one legit GG account has been linked to harassment), this represents all GG, just trust us you dumbfucks, dont try to listen to them, if you do, you are a mysoginerd".
I remember checking wikipedia back when GG was happening, and any links to the other side of the argument were continually suppressed.

Im at work now so cant write much more. Do ask me something and I'll try to answer if I am able to. BTW, I havent checked this vid properly due to no time, but this vid might give you a bit of a look into what's happening over universities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEgTaM28ls

(if not the right, do check other vids, that man is well-spoken and covers a lot of it, also check his "this week in stupid" segment, while it does not cover solely SJW madness, they are often there. That weekly 30 min series of him as been going for a long time, so you can check a lot of news that prolly would never be shown in the gradually extremist leaning left media. Oh and if it matters, pretty sure the man is a classical liberal and Bernie Sanders supporter, or how SJWs would label him due to his criticisms: a hatred-filled right-wing MRA.

EDIT: either way sorry for the messy posts. in a rush
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 11, 2016, 11:16:11 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
What I don't like about the opening sentence is the implication that the US is Freedom itself. It's made to be interpreted that way by some people, in another way by other people. If you've been tracking my conversation with Snorkle in that other thread, it's the Bush equivalent of Obama's "wrong side of history."

Aye, I should've been more clear I meant 'brilliant' in the 'evil genius' sense. Which is why I really don't like it as well. It's pretty much lvl20 Q20 demagoguery.

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 11, 2016, 9:18:09 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:

No apologies, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll respond more when I get a chance.

Again, I was serious about asking, as the term SJW as a pejorative having any link to gamergate was total news to me.

Part of my confusion is that the older term was 'bleeding heart liberal' yet I don't hear that anymore as 'social justice warrior' seems to have replaced it. SJW as a general term has been around for awhile (I imagine people wanted something that sounded more hardcore than 'social justice activist') but I wasn't aware of how relatively new the term is as an insult.

As far as PC goes, are you aware of the 'niggardly' debacle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_%22niggardly%22

It's PC run amok. But that's the thing; at this point any time 'PC' is used it's assumed to mean 'PC run amok/out of control/off the deep end' and that does a disservice to language, because sane and rational political correctness is still an important thing.

Like with what you said:
"

For Political correctness, I think part of wikipedia is right "a term which, in modern usage, is used to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society." However the use is often excessively, as a way to silence both news and opinions.

That part can't really be emphasized enough, because there's fine line between PC being a good and appropriate thing and being utterly ridiculous. The whole 'niggardly' thing is the alpha and omega of that.

When meme magic gets out of control.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I totally thought 'cuck' was short for 'cuckold'.

"
"
Disrupted wrote:

No apologies, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll respond more when I get a chance.

Again, I was serious about asking, as the term SJW as a pejorative having any link to gamergate was total news to me.

Part of my confusion is that the older term was 'bleeding heart liberal' yet I don't hear that anymore as 'social justice warrior' seems to have replaced it. SJW as a general term has been around for awhile (I imagine people wanted something that sounded more hardcore than 'social justice activist') but I wasn't aware of how relatively new the term is as an insult.

As far as PC goes, are you aware of the 'niggardly' debacle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_%22niggardly%22

It's PC run amok. But that's the thing; at this point any time 'PC' is used it's assumed to mean 'PC run amok/out of control/off the deep end' and that does a disservice to language, because sane and rational political correctness is still an important thing.

Like with what you said:
"

That part can't really be emphasized enough, because there's fine line between PC being a good and appropriate thing and being utterly ridiculous. The whole 'niggardly' thing is the alpha and omega of that.

well, that was an half-assed explanation of mine anyway (and re-reading now, I did so many mistakes). Pretty sure SJWs have existed for quite some decades (though I think even the left knew to mock them, dont think its the same as "bleeding heart liberals"), the problem is how a lot of their thought-process (or rather lack of) is becoming mainstream, the SJW is quite a complex chimera so its a unsurprising that the term is used in such a broad way.

I do recommend checking Sargon channel as he reports and explains what is wrong with it in a very precise manner (and lately seems he finally got fed up with it and is running a petition to cease social justice courses over universities, I dont blame the man, the more you read into this madness, the more alarmed you get, and there's a real reason to be alarmed.

I think the left needs to realize the monster it has created and how its gradually poisoning society. when people cant even joke without risking losing their job and whatnot (oh yes, Ill never forget how SJWs made a nobel prize laureate lose his job due to an harmless joke) you know there's something real wrong going on.
News like this shouldnt be real (happened just the other day):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/nazi-pug-man-arrested-after-teaching-girlfriends-dog-to-perform/
^I understand how it can offend people, but to arrest someone for that? nice going britbongistan, guess there werent enough kids spreading butter with a dull knife to be arrested that day (and hell yeah, the dog doing the salute its a complete riot, even better that its name is Buddha)

I wasnt aware of discussion with the word niggardly (will read your link in more detail later), but frankly Im not surprised, since SJWs consider the word thug to be a racial slur (wait, what?).

Me, Im against censoring of words and for new meaning, as words have more than one meaning, and tend to gain more with time (see that one south park episode about biker gangs to have an idea of what I mean, or the word "fag" and its different usages, internet lingo included), some others tend to fall in use, but I dont believe that actively censoring a word has the effect they desire (streisand effect's a bitch).

"
I totally thought 'cuck' was short for 'cuckold'.

It is, in internet lingo its also a word used to mock beta white-guilt stricken "masculinity is dangerous" SJWs and whatnot (and define weakness overall since a cuck is probably the lowest form of a man) and with their lack of ability to look in the mirror + black and white thinking and "you are either with me, or against me, if you dare crticize me you are clearly for hatred" mentality...
...I guess you can understand how whoever wrote that twit came to that conclusion. dont know if that twit is real or not, but I wouldnt be surprised, by googling it, I see there's a link but it seems to 404 now. The things I've heard from SJWs make me expect anything.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 12, 2016, 11:05:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info