WOW this game is boring!

"
Keseven wrote:
Feeding trolls is bad mkay.

If you feed the trolls, you're gonna have a bad time.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
"
Postnephron wrote:
9 levels of running around in rags beating the same infinite spawning AI with a stick is painful.

I especially like picking up two items and filling my inventory and running back and forth into town to sell my worthless items for a shard I can use after I do this 20 times..

I thought this GAME was supposed to be for Hardcore gamers? This game is about time wasting, busy work to detract from its poor story, game play.

You guys have fun pretending your on to something real special..:) Whew! got yourself a real game there dont ya!!LOL!!

PoE made me realise how hopeless this genre is, it will always suck because no one is going to fix the glaring flaws.

It is a genre for extremely boring people.
"
Invalesco wrote:
kinda harsh playing for only 9 levels which can be attained in the space of 30 minutes and then judging an entire game from it don't you think?

Watch GGG's build of the week series if you want to see how fun the game and the character builds can be later.

It is intended that you feel "weak" at the start, but that is evened out as you get stronger as you continue playing, and adds to the satisfaction of character building.

Also, why on earth would you pick up every single item and then going back to the vendor to trade it? Just leave white items that have no use on the ground

The irony is that the first 9 levels really are all you will be doing the entire game.

Spam endless crap at dumb AI with 0 gameplay changes (except stacking defensive nodes to not be 2 shot, and not picking melee).
"
schisist wrote:

I happen to think you're the boring one.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
schisist why would you quote the OP when he doesnt even have any clue how to play this game?
"
schisist wrote:

PoE made me realise how hopeless this genre is, it will always suck because no one is going to fix the glaring flaws.

It's weird how modern ARPGS either have great combat and no depth or crappy combat and great depth. I think the genre is fine, it just needs someone to put it all together. It will be easier for Blizzard to add depth to D3 than it will be for GGG to make the combat/animations and art AAA quality.
"
f3rret wrote:
"
schisist wrote:

I happen to think you're the boring one.

I happen to think clicking around the same maps over and over, spamming the same 2 spells over and over, and repeating the game 3 times makes you provably boring.

Especially when this comes with heavy pigeonholing, desync out the ass, retarded armour/evasion mechanics, retarded RNG that just artificially pad the game out with nothing but mind numbing time wasting, not fleshing the game out with actual content or difficulty, just padding it with time wasting RNG and insta death enemies unless youre 80% defensive nodes and not melee.

"
FIreskull wrote:
schisist why would you quote the OP when he doesnt even have any clue how to play this game?

Because as retarded as he is, he happens to be right.

It takes some of us 2 weeks of playing to realise what others can see within 10 levels.

The funny part is, the gameplay experience of those first 10 levels is literally all this game is, nothing will change except which aura/curse you choose and which 2 spells you will spam ad nauseum.

On the same maps, doing the same quests, replacing the same item slots and picking the same +hp% nodes in the passive tree.

Shallow game play and the illusion of diversity.
"
schisist wrote:

I happen to think clicking around the same maps over and over, spamming the same 2 spells over and over, and repeating the game 3 times makes you provably boring.

Show me the proof then.
I'll accept math or formal logic.

You can also simple make a quotation from a reputable publication if you're feeling lazy.

"
schisist wrote:
Especially when this comes with heavy pigeonholing, desync out the ass, retarded armour/evasion mechanics, retarded RNG that just artificially pad the game out with nothing but mind numbing time wasting, not fleshing the game out with actual content or difficulty, just padding it with time wasting RNG and insta death enemies unless youre 80% defensive nodes and not melee.

Well. Stop playing then. We're not forcing you to play.

A smart, non-boring, person would have decided to stop playing a game they didn't like.

You on the other hand.
Decided you'd come to our forums and whine about it. We (the players) are aware of the issues you mention, we have accepted them and moved on with our (apparently, boring) lives.

Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
schisist wrote:

Because as retarded as he is, he happens to be right.

It takes some of us 2 weeks of playing to realise what others can see within 10 levels.

The funny part is, the gameplay experience of those first 10 levels is literally all this game is, nothing will change except which aura/curse you choose and which 2 spells you will spam ad nauseum.

On the same maps, doing the same quests, replacing the same item slots and picking the same +hp% nodes in the passive tree.

Shallow game play and the illusion of diversity.

You just described, in more vague terms, every game ever made. Congrats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info