Beta Testing, Privilege or Responsibility?

Beta Testing, a privilege or a responsibility?

Well, to me, it is both. You are getting to play a game early, before the masses. Yet, playing the game is well and good, there is an underlying responsibility to test the game and give feedback on ways to fix it and make it the best it can be. Not just by reporting bugs, but by deliberately breaking classes to weed out needed balance changes for classes, skills, etc...

Massive Edit: As I have recently gotten a key thanks to jetkutter, I would like to turn this thread into a discussion of what you all see not just this beta, but all betas as.

Do you see it as just a way to play a game early or an opportunity to help improve the game to make it the best it can be?

To expand on my view, I think that besides reporting any bugs you find it is also good to experiment with builds, finding any possible combination that "breaks the game" so that balance can be improved. Finding glitches that break the game world boundaries and so on are also important. As well as testing if items/skills/features are working as intended (or to well).

Anyone else have an thoughts?
Last edited by xendhaius on Dec 18, 2011, 3:27:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info