My bow marauder - Criticism/suggestions needed

Hi. I'm lvl 51 with my bow marauder and I'v started to think about my end game build. I'm going for weapon elemental dmg build and could use some guidance from an experienced player.

Link to the build:

The Ranger starting point part will be the last thing I put my points towards. I'm grabbing weap.ele.dmg from Templar starting tree, middle of the map and then going towards Blood magic(just cause i like the aspect of that kind of play style). I'm trying to grab quite a lot of health, life regen and some armor. At the bottom I'm taking, again life regen, Armour Master(not sure about this, how useful is Armor master is, if I end up using +20%movement speed boots?) and Diamond Skin. If both are not necessary I'll connect the lower right side from Fury Bolts at Duelist start point, using the point to get Chaos Resistance near the weap.ele.dmg.

I have no clue about how much resistances I will get from my equips and if it will be enough, that's why I decided to go for Diamond Skin. Also, I'll be getting a lot of strength nodes, so I took Iron Grip.

I'm not sure about Elementalist in Templar tree is it worth using 2 points to get to that and if it will even work with my weapon elemental dmg.

Iv been thinking of using Wrath and Anger auras cause they're not %mana use based. I will try to get equips with high armor, elemental dmg, either flat or % based, life and ofc resistances. On boots movement speed and on gloves attack speed.

What would be good dmg skills in general for this build? I'm currently using Poison Arrow and Rain of Arrows, just because I'v had really bad luck with other skills dropping. Got no decent support skills either.I could buy them, but trying to save money and not sure which ones would be the best for me, so don't want to pay for something I might not use after all.

For flasks I was thinking of getting 2 sapping flasks, since I don't have mana they got no drawback, maybe 1 bubbling in case i need to spam and 2 granite flasks.(suggestions?)

Well here it is. I'm currently on cruel act 3, so I have no clue if I will have enough survivability for merciless. Ideas, suggestions and criticism are welcome.
Hi letteralex,

Not an expert by any means but here are a few suggestions:

Most important - build the way you want, don't feel you have to change anything just because I or anyone else says so. :)

Played around with the tree, I think I shaved off 4 points without deleting any nodes other than +10 to stats, one +30 dex and one 6% res all node, it appears you can re-add the 6% all res if you want it, please doublecheck :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNG_opLjJ-Mok6UjwtPydM_1BQVElX4lhjXz9fqmebaHRs9m6qc-F343fleriC5IqvjAaMz5ARlKCiAKQZpKyuPq6Tr2y3PrndxYrGrsbY2E3aYt-_51LvDvAf8i_2SPeIhmBWBGFSMglgiCi1705dAECgBS0hYHTxnrndDfzFVvrdRmOn_E7EoiXfhNlHfqvFBfmn1P7IGNtbr249YEMUUr6n3sbqYhXw-WMa2-4O3BWr0izpFSAqTfqxGbTK0w==

Next I made some offensive changes, deleted the 2 physical damage/IAS increases and Greater Impact, and the 2x 3% IAS nodes in the centre of the tree, in favour of taking some of the duelist start nodes. No net loss in points or IAS, changing 30% physical damage for 18% projectile damage (and 10 dex), which I believe is superior as most of our damage is elemental.

If you made this change I would consider dropping all of those 6 dex nodes and perfect aim entirely or adding in the 2 projectile damage nodes next to it, not worth spending 7 points JUST for perfect aim imo.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNG_opLjJ-Mok6UjwtPydM_1BQVElX4lhjXz9fqmebaHRs9m6qc-F343fleriC5IqvjAaMz5ARlKCiAKQZpKyuPq6Tr2y3PrndxYrGrsbY2E3aYt-_51LvDvAf8i_2SPeIhmBWBGFSMglgiCi1705dAECgBS0hYHTxnrndDfzFVvrdRmOn_E7EoiXfhNlHfqvFBfkY21uvFFK-p97G6mIV8PljGtvuDizpFSAqTfqxGbTK05cGzZiNfre2Fx2bLQ==

Lastly, I took away the 12% life/regen nodes at the top and the lightning res node, and exchanged these for some life nodes - adding an extra 38% life at cost of 18% lightning res and 1.2% regen (which will be partially covered by the higher HP pool). I think you need at least 2.5k HP to clear act 3 merciless, 3k is more comfortable. Not sure how much is ideal for maps.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNG_opLjJ-Mok6UjwtPydM_1BQVElX4lhjXz9fqmebbPZuqnPhd-N35Xq4guSMBozPkBGiAKQZpKyuPq6Tr2y3PrndxYrGrsbY37_nUu8O8B_yL_ZI94iGYFYEYVIyCWCIKLXvTl0AQKAFLSFgdPGeud0N_MVW-t1GY6f8TsSiJd-E2Ud-q8UF-RjbW68UUr6n3sbqYhXw-WMa2-4OLOkVICpN-rEZtMrTlwbNmI1-t7YXHZstZ6CHdkp9YEt67w==

I will hold judgement on the armour nodes, I am trying to incorporate more armour in my own build in a different way, but I don't know how effective it is (still testing phase)

Lastly, check out Venator's bowrauder thread, you should get some ideas from there. I would also go on the ranger subforum and take a look at some builds there.

Hope this helps! :)
IGN - Berkobob

Preferred exchange rate = 1 Exalt = 5 GCP = 15 Chaos
Hmm, thanks Berkobob... Hadn't thought about going to Blood Magic through duelist tree instead. Saves a few points indeed. About perfect aim I wasn't sure myself either, if it's worth it... Maybe I'll just save those points, until I know where to put them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info