High level solo experience grinding is so fun. Dying sucks.

I stopped reading when I saw 2200 hp at lvl 80. Back to D3 please
"
jpnole wrote:
"
arare wrote:
GGG won't change anything. Game will be for a very niche crowd of gamers.

Not if they want to bring in more cash paying customers. This thread and similar ones like it aren't asking for a massive nerf. They are simply requesting GGG tone the difficulty down just a bit so that people can enjoy the game as opposed to seeing it as work. The XP penalty is pretty pointless to me as well. Though at level 57 I have not hit that difficulty wall just yet.

Game was doing great in closed beta and will do great in the future. Now personally im just waiting for the "new blizzard generation of gamers" to leave so GGG can actually take constructive feedback..

Most of you "gamers" makes me sick

I don't even understand why you playing POE. POE is an ARPG game made for HC ARPG fans. What most of you is asking for you can already find in the kindergarden called D3. So why even play POE?
Last edited by Burmeister99 on Feb 28, 2013, 2:40:30 PM
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
Well, death penalty is a great way to avoid people graveyard zerging uniques and bosses. Still, i think the penalty is way too harsh. Especially when you get to higher level 80+. Also, you can still do graveyard zerging when you have zero amounts of XP on a level and not lose anything, so kind of make the whole penalty kind of useless.

Theres a very good suggestion to solve this in the suggestions forum.

Instead of losing XP when you die, you should lose a cumulative 25% item rarity + quantity. Each death adds a cumulative 25% penalty to both to a maximum penalty of -100%.

The penalty could last for one hour from the first death, with cumulative bonuses not refreshing the timer. But if you die again after the hour ends, you start accumulating the MF penalty again.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Furl wrote:
I stopped reading when I saw 2200 hp at lvl 80. Back to D3 please

Hi. I have 1 HP at level 71.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Burmeister99 wrote:
"
jpnole wrote:
"
arare wrote:
GGG won't change anything. Game will be for a very niche crowd of gamers.

Not if they want to bring in more cash paying customers. This thread and similar ones like it aren't asking for a massive nerf. They are simply requesting GGG tone the difficulty down just a bit so that people can enjoy the game as opposed to seeing it as work. The XP penalty is pretty pointless to me as well. Though at level 57 I have not hit that difficulty wall just yet.

Game was doing great in closed beta and will do great in the future. Now personally im just waiting for the "new blizzard generation of gamers" to leave so GGG can actually take constructive feedback..

Most of you "gamers" makes me sick

I don't even understand why you playing POE. POE is an ARPG game made for HC ARPG fans. What most of you is asking for you can already find in the kindergarden called D3. So why even play POE?

Whilst I don't like the tone of this message, I agree with the sentiment.
"
Greenxt wrote:
2200 hp at level 80 is way to low.

Is it? For Softcore this HP Pool sounds really Big.
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
"
tadl wrote:
"
Greenxt wrote:
2200 hp at level 80 is way to low.

Is it? For Softcore this HP Pool sounds really Big.

I play softcore as a ranger and am level 72. I have 3k HP and feel like that is low... Now I'm not saying I need more. I feel like I am well equipped to solo maps with my 3k HP but I have to be careful. I'm a ranger after all, not a marauder.
"
Thanks GGG for making an experience penalty so high that it pulls me out of gaming and back into reality by making me think about how much time I really just lost with nothing to show for it. Please change experience penalty.

Fundamental to the concept of an RPG (and i do not care what letter elitists put in front of that) is that you level a character up to some level cap. Leveling typically opens new opportunities for exploration or in game rewards.
Once the level cap is reached opportunities diminish and the game eventually winds down - its longevity is exhausted.
The current structure of this game and excessive Death Tax creates a premature functional level cap that defeats one of the fundamental purposes in the game and does not create a game environment with much longevity in my opinion.
There have been many thoughtful suggestions for improving this game and minimizing the destructive influence of the death tax on player longevity: a separate league with no death tax, alternate calculations methods for the death tax, random in game tokens to redeem exp, corpse recovery potential etc etc.

The most dramatic thing that GGG did was to create a free to play game with ethical commercial micro-transactions. If I just wanted a game to kick my butt and frustrate me, then there are already many out there.
The singular accolade to GGG is not that they created a kick-your-butt-hard-ass-my-way-or-the-highway game, but rather that they stood up to a commercial Goliath "pay to win" system with a new idea about making gamers happy and making themselves an ethical profit.
But in order to effect a positive outcome with this new ethic, GGG has been very responsive to and interested in gamer input - witness this is still Beta.
If you -GGG - want long term player involvement - please listen to the reasoned voices that suggest there needs to be an alternative to the draconian death tax in order to maintain game longevity.
It just is not fun for many of us who are dedicated, enjoy your game, and are potential cash cows. Many people are raising this issue.

thank you - my support to GGG
Maps go really well for me except for one mob type groups of fire alchemists one shot me from off screen 80% of the time, I'm trying to get more chaos resist as people told me they do chaos damage as well (My fire resist is at 78%) but its just fairly hard to acquire but they seem to do insane damage anyways especially to my poor minions...so I've stopped running maps for now until I can find a way to deal with them seems odd that I can take a poison alchemist bomb but not a fire one....
"
Knopperz wrote:
"
anotherid wrote:
They aren't going to succeed in the long term then, at least in terms of funding the game for the future

This is a very short sighted point of view from a very young player i suppose.

Let me give you an example, its doesnt have anything to do with aRPG's, its just an Example.

WoW was released in 2005 with around 500k subscribers, with fairly hard content.
Clearing MC + BWL took a lot of dedication and preperation to pull off.
Raiding was only interesting for really dedicated people.
Once you had your full T1 and Benediction you've been someone in Ogrimmar.
The Game evolved over time, became better and better, and eventually more people signed up.
From the 500k subscribers it went up to 12 Million in the course of 7 Years.

The player curve starts low...raise over time, even explodes.

When you take a Game from today, they get promoted, they get hyped with crazy pitch trailers, a lot of Marketing and Advertising. The Game gets released. BOOM!!!
10+ Million Copies sold on the very First Day.

The player curve starts VERY HIGH...drops over time...to almost nothingless.

Show me a single NEW GAME which actually grows past the 10 Million sold copies.
There is none...

The "best" Games are build on the very back of passionate Gamers...so called Hardcore Gamers.

Of course, if you just want the "Casual Soup" i gladly show you the door.

GGG got a very bright future ahead, you can be damn sure about that.
I just hope they arent selling out to the highest bidder.

Knopperz hit the nail on the head...

Casuals follow the hardcores, regardless of what they can do in the game... For every 1 raider that did the difficult (or super heavy time investment raiding, depending on who you ask) in EQ and WoW, they had 5-10 casual friends that wanted to be just like them.

Most forms of entertainment need their superheroes and stars.... Your professional athletes, and your casual gamers, are the fans.. They want to be/emulate what the big dogs are doing, and pretend they are them (just like professional sports fans LARPing by wearing their favorite players Jerseys)... Football as a game is only accessible by two small teams at a time, but they make bank on those micro transactions from all their followers...

If you don't construct a game that allows for a significant challenge and variance of skill level of players, no one's going to stick out, no one's going to be interesting, players will gobble up the content then move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info