**GGG Balancing Ascendancy classes for PvP is a MUST before release !

"
hauntworld1 wrote:
I think it's pretty normal to fear such big changes Lib, with how much whining you have seen from people saying how OP ea is and hating on you i can only see things get worst when you are receiving 30% more ea damage and even more AOE.

I'm a scion you see... I'll get to see the Ascendancy tree last :( A mere 5-10% jewels effectiveness will give me like 15k ehp lol.

But I'm pretty happy seeing other builds being dragged to the gallows instead of me for a change.

Tbh, I consider any other crit builds apart from La/ mind fang leap slam (peacockt) incredibility weak, A 100% pen on crit would be more interesting to fight.

Your firestorm hits me 2-3.8k per ball, with pen its only like 5k ish. I'd think its manageable. Consider how much critters invest to the table. Vs how little I invest to counter critters (belt & 3 points, enfeeble)

With that said, That's as long as I get some pretty cool shit too! We don't all wana run around without our underwear right? (templar)
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:23:15 AM
^^ Pretty sure you will be able to adapt as a ranger since it would be totally worth it just to get 30% more damage, nothing on the tree compares to that much more damage, we dont know what scion reserves though, it might be even better lol.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:21:43 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
^^ Pretty sure you will be able to adapt as a ranger since it would be totally worth it just to get 30% more damage, nothing on the tree compares to that much more damage, we dont know what scion reserves though, it might be even better lol.

I don't own a ranger myself :( my account have a accumulated level of 1100+, lol.

In reality, my build has so little damage, 30% more & 1 additional arrow isn't that attractive to me. I'd prefer something more thematically defensive. The key to my build is stamina and resilience, I don't burst high echelon players down, I run them down as they run out of flask charges.

Dead people does no damage after all.

Edit

In terms of me vs Ll es / Ci is that you guys can't flask and insta killing me is near impossible. Lets say I have 10k+ hp, my insta flasks heals for 7.3k hp, with 1k+ regen and ehp of 150k+ flasks.

A 5k firestorm right now is entirely manageable. Even without my scion Ascendance.
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:37:20 AM
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

I don't own a ranger myself :( my account have a accumulated level of 1100+, lol.

In reality, my build has so little damage, 30% more & 1 additional arrow isn't that attractive to me. I'd prefer something more thematically defensive. The key to my build is stamina and resilience, I don't burst high echelon players down, I run them down as they run out of flask charges.

Last sentence ^,

Who needs tankiness if you can take them down before they can even hurt or reach you ? ;)
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Last sentence ^,

Who needs tankiness if you can take them down before they can even hurt or reach you ? ;)

I edited

In terms of me vs Ll es / Ci is that you guys can't flask and insta killing me is near impossible. Lets say I have 10k+ hp, my insta flasks heals for 7.3k hp, 13.8k regen divines and 1k+ base regen and ehp of 150k+ flasks.

A 5k firestorm right now is entirely manageable. Even without my scion Ascendance.

Give 2.1 your storms are near 6k, As long as my piano fingers doesn't fail me, A head on encounter should beat you. As your ehp is aprox 10-12k without flasks, Mine is 10k+ hp & 150k effective flasks, as long as you don't escape and regenerate. Over and over again.
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:47:21 AM
Back to topic i actually think GGG has to put minimum effort into trying to ATLEAST tune ascendency properly, it makes no sense to have this aspect of the game without adjusting it to the way the game evolves.

A temporary disable so we can beta test these would be mandatory, or atleast a minimum of testing from the dev Qarl who's in charge of PvP.
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Back to topic i actually think GGG has to put minimum effort into trying to ATLEAST tune ascendency properly, it makes no sense to have this aspect of the game without adjusting it to the way the game evolves.

A temporary disable so we can beta test these would be mandatory, or atleast a minimum of testing from the dev Qarl who's in charge of PvP.

My personal argument is that, these ascendancy traits is what is necessary to create a new chaotic balance. It'll be chaos at first, but there'll be a finite balance and order when it's fully fleshed out.

Ggg always tests content prior to official release, But like any developers, those testing times are almost always brief, Typically game devs spend 2-3 passes before official launch. I'm pretty sure, things will slip through and those salty Qq'ers will cry "broken" to anyone who beats them.

¯\(°_°)/¯
Who knows.

Hail Hydra
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:59:29 AM
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Ggg always tests content prior to official release, But like any developers, those testing times are almost always brief, Typically game devs spend 2-3 passes before official launch. I'm pretty sure, things will slip through and those salty Qq'ers will cry "broken" to anyone who beats them.

¯\(°_°)/¯
Who knows.

I'am VERY skeptical on the fact that GGG has spent any time whatsoever testing it for the PvP aspect...
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 10, 2015, 6:57:19 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

My personal argument is that, these ascendancy traits is what is necessary to create a new chaotic balance. It'll be chaos at first, but there'll be a finite balance and order when it's fully fleshed out.

¯\(°_°)/¯
Who knows.

Hail Hydra

I'am VERY skeptical on the fact that GGG has spent any time whatsoever testing it for the PvP aspect...

Sry, My English is terrible, I edited again...

There's without a doubt that the gaming industry lacks quality/ testing control, but testing at a extensive rate is completely out of the question, due to deadlines and budget costs. That's just the reality of it.

Just take a look at assassin's creed's/ D3 official launch etc etc.

Although, I take great pleasure in learning and mastering a new system/ balance... And I suggest you should too, It's not the prize/results you get that matters, but rather the journey of it.

Being level 100 does that to people, can't map and hated in pvp, lels. After all there's no such thing as true balance.

Edit I'm not quite sure, If I ever want to play a game that's fully balanced, Without exceptions and rules breaking, it'll just be boring. A game tested for years/ months is out of date/ overly polished, to the point where there is no longer any creativity in it.
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 10, 2015, 7:17:54 AM
Personally I can't wait for the revelation of the next ascendancy classes.

Also please dont disable them for pvp. They will make so many more things viable. Haunt's illustration of the amount viable builds just seems completely off to me..

Some random off-topic crap:

The math is still kinda wrong with the pen gems by the way.. Usually all casters have the 5% pen from the tree AND the best casters have a +1 chest for another percent. That's a total of 44% penetration. So with the templar ascension you will deal 100 opposed to the 44+25=69 damage you did before. Thats 45% more damage for crits. Your crit chance is very low as a caster though and a lot of the time you will hit like a wet noodle if you aren't using a penetration gem. In conclusion, you wont be dealing 100% more damage.

Haunt, your LLD char is very very far from being maxed out at the moment. There are some builds worth 100s of ex in the current meta.

Also saying that life based casters aren't viable is quite a statement.. Leg kaoms + staff with firestorm would most likely be at least equally good to their lowlife counterparts. Life potions with potion nodes and stuff like bloodgrip are op af. With a char like that you could also use exactly the gems you wanted as opposed to crit builds which struggle to fit everything. The new "more spell damage" gem will be op for that too.

Also, Mulla's char is mostly an EA char.. He will do just fine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info