[3.3] Gilded Cage's Comprehensive Guide to Maps

Good job. I hope GGG will correct the f***g "Clearing Ability {1,2,3}/10" maps. Shame when lake-run exp-per-hour three times higher than that of tier 5-6 maps.
"
GildedCage wrote:

Some good questions here which reminded me of some information that I should include in the guide.
As for your questions:

1) IIQ on your gear does not affect map drops at all. This is an important point that I forgot to put in. IIR is just a quality of life thing that means on average you're likely to find better items within each map but is not necessary to sustain a map pool
2)Definitely possible to sustain a pool without buying maps up to about tier 12-13. If you follow my crafting rules in the guide (eg Orb of Alchemy on all tier 6-9 maps) then you should be able to sustain your map pool. You may just be getting unlucky at the moment. In which case just persevere, eventually you'll get a good streak of maps :)
3) as in 2)
4)This I believe is just a symptom of randomness, I wouldn't try reading too much into it.

Thank you for the answers, you're very kind. I'll optimize my crafting a bit and I'll stop right away to stack IIR/IIQ in hope to have more map drops, I'll rather keep it as a second set for farming.
From the Core description:
"
Core [Difficulty 10/10 | Clearing Ability 3/10]
An absolute mess of a map. Tiny, claustrophobic corridors from the Harvest ensure that no matter what pack-size you roll here, it all gets swallowed up. To top it off, you have the 3 sub bosses and Malachai to finish. Save and vendor up to 83 maps when GGG releases them.
Note on sub bosses: Don't step on Malachai's bombs. Have some chaos resist when you fight him. Don't step in Shavronne's lightning beams. Have some topaz flasks when fighting her. Don't eat Doedre's giant red balls. Keep out of the Vulnerability circle. Don't fight Malachai if you value your character.

"
Don't step on Malachai's bombs.

I think this is a typo. I'm guessing they meant Maligaro's bombs, not Malachai's bombs.
Very informative! Thank you!
Very well written and informative guide - thank you.

This should be linked in the consolidated guides sticky!
Great guide. I thought I might add that you don't need to invite Zana to your hideout to get her device. Once you've got her to level 2, you can use the chat command "/claim_crafting_benches" from within your hideout.
Hey, thanks.

Couple of points.
- Add a note of diamond totem to the prefixes list. That shit is scary.
- Enfeeble also kills accuracy. That's the explanation for it affecting crit builds disproportionately.
- Even with high clear speed and great AoE, fracture maps are annoying as, because you have to kill things twice - that's the primary reason for clear speed reduction.
- Vulnerability also reduces stun threshold. Need to be very careful of stun lock.

Could add signature monsters to the map descriptions. Anything in Lyralei's thread is outdated, including my spreadsheet, but it'd be useful to make this list.

Oh yeah and I'm almost certain Lyralei is a he.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Dec 9, 2015, 7:57:54 PM
As a player that stopped playing right before 2.0, and just started again, I cannot thank you enough for this.

Yes, this is sticky-worthy!

IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
"
Kirielis wrote:
Hey, thanks.

Couple of points.
- Add a note of diamond totem to the prefixes list. That shit is scary.
- Enfeeble also kills accuracy. That's the explanation for it affecting crit builds disproportionately.
- Even with high clear speed and great AoE, fracture maps are annoying as, because you have to kill things twice - that's the primary reason for clear speed reduction.
- Vulnerability also reduces stun threshold. Need to be very careful of stun lock.

Could add signature monsters to the map descriptions. Anything in Lyralei's thread is outdated, including my spreadsheet, but it'd be useful to make this list.

Oh yeah and I'm almost certain Lyralei is a he.

Some good points, I've updated many of the mod descriptions. Also assumed Lyralei was a she from the avatar and the name is a female char in Dota 2. Apologies if I'm wrong.
Great stuff. I have been looking for something like that.
you could include some guide about Aztri/Uber Aztri. I know they are not for begginners, but in a comprehensive guide describing them is a must :)
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Dec 19, 2015, 7:14:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info