Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

elemental leech

It says it leech from damage. So does it include spells also? For instance if I'm doing lightning damage from spell will it works?
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 11:01:34 AM
leech from "attack" damage so no, spells do not work since their spells.

There will not be spell leech passives for likely years if ever as GGG does not want to make spells and attacks too similar, something d3 went full beaver on.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 7, 2015, 10:54:32 PM
It depends on what the leech has as a qualifier. If whatever source simply says 'x% of damage leeched as life/mana', it works on all damage that hits (leech always requires a 'hit', so DoT's can't ever leech). Otherwise, if it specifies anything else, only damage that meets those other qualifications will leech from that source.

For some examples:

-The Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems say '2% of damage leeched as life/mana'. These will cause supported skills to leech based on all of the damage from hits by supported skills. Similarly, Warlord's Mark says 'cursed targets grant 2% life/mana leech when hit'. Again, without any specific qualifiers, this applies to all damage dealt with hits to the targets afflicted by the curse.

-Doryani's Catalyst has '.2% of elemental damage leeched as life', so only elemental damage (fire/cold/lightning), whether it's from attacks or spells (or 'secondary' damage) will leech, but physical or chaos will not.

-Gloves, amulets, rings, and weapons can roll 'x% of physical attack damage leeched as life/mana' as random affixes. As these are qualified by 'physical attack damage', only physical damage from attacks is able to leech off these. Elemental damage from attacks will not be able to leech, nor will damage from non-attacks, physical or otherwise.

-Some passives on the tree in 2.1 will say 'x% of attack damage leeched as life/mana' (some others will say 'x% of physical attack damage', so make sure you read carefully). These will leech off of all damage dealt by attacks, regardless of whether it's physical, chaos, or elemental, but it will not leech off spells or secondary damage.

-The unique belt "Dyadian Dawn" lists '0.6% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life against Chilled enemies'. This is qualified by 'attack damage', as well as 'against chilled enemies'. So, if an enemy isn't chilled, you can't leech off them with this source. Furthermore, it's 'attack damage', so only damage from attacks, regardless of whether it's physical, chaos, or elemental damage, will leech from those chilled enemies.

Basically, the conditions to qualify for the leech are always listed if there are any, with the exception of the requirement of a 'hit', as that is always a tacit part of the mechanic. Just read the source's description carefully and you'll learn what it works for.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2015, 11:12:11 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
It depends on what the leech has as a qualifier. If whatever source simply says 'x% of damage leeched as life/mana', it works on all damage that hits (leech always requires a 'hit', so DoT's can't ever leech). Otherwise, if it specifies anything else, only damage that meets those other qualifications will leech from that source.

For some examples:

-The Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems say '2% of damage leeched as life/mana'. These will cause supported skills to leech based on all of the damage from hits by supported skills. Similarly, Warlord's Mark says 'cursed targets grant 2% life/mana leech when hit'. Again, without any specific qualifiers, this applies to all damage dealt with hits to the targets afflicted by the curse.

-Doryani's Catalyst has '.2% of elemental damage leeched as life', so only elemental damage (fire/cold/lightning), whether it's from attacks or spells (or 'secondary' damage) will leech, but physical or chaos will not.

-Gloves, amulets, rings, and weapons can roll 'x% of physical attack damage leeched as life/mana' as random affixes. As these are qualified by 'physical attack damage', only physical damage from attacks is able to leech off these. Elemental damage from attacks will not be able to leech, nor will damage from non-attacks, physical or otherwise.

-Some passives on the tree in 2.1 will say 'x% of attack damage leeched as life/mana' (some others will say 'x% of physical attack damage', so make sure you read carefully). These will leech off of all damage dealt by attacks, regardless of whether it's physical, chaos, or elemental, but it will not leech off spells or secondary damage.

-The unique belt "Dyadian Dawn" lists '0.6% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life against Chilled enemies'. This is qualified by 'attack damage', as well as 'against chilled enemies'. So, if an enemy isn't chilled, you can't leech off them with this source. Furthermore, it's 'attack damage', so only damage from attacks, regardless of whether it's physical, chaos, or elemental damage, will leech from those chilled enemies.

Basically, the conditions to qualify for the leech are always listed if there are any, with the exception of the requirement of a 'hit', as that is always a tacit part of the mechanic. Just read the source's description carefully and you'll learn what it works for.

Than you. What about lightning spells in mjolner. Is it still considered as spell not attack. Right?
Yep, the skills "cast" or "procced" by mjolner are still considered spells when accounting leech
"
flyingfish24 wrote:
Yep, the skills "cast" or "procced" by mjolner are still considered spells when accounting leech

TYVM. :-)
"
Shppy wrote:

So the chaos damage from voltaxic can be leeched because it's a hit? I was not sure about that because the explanation from rory in the manifesto just stated phys and ele damage leech and chaos is not really an element.
"
dEus__ wrote:
So the chaos damage from voltaxic can be leeched because it's a hit? I was not sure about that because the explanation from rory in the manifesto just stated phys and ele damage leech and chaos is not really an element.

Well yeah, he wasn't really clear in what he said (i mean, he also implied there was leech on the tree that was just elemental attack too, as opposed the reality of those nodes being *all* attack damage), but yes, it would include chaos attack damage, as there is nothing in the description excluding it nor any tacit rule that would exclude it.
I play Ice Nova Witch.

I have Herald Of Ice + Mana Leech Sup + Life Leech Sup in one of my dagger and it works. The Herald Of Ice deals damage when i cast ice nova co what i assume... My Ice Nova DPS is 50k/sec but there is only 4-5k/sec from Herald Of Ice thats why i think there is 2% mana/life from only herald damage 4-5k, not 2% from overal 50k dps.

But it's only my assume :) Howewer "leech" works any time i hit my SPELL ice nova.
You're seeing Herald of Ice's explosions dealing Damage and recovering Life, it's not your Ice Nova.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info