[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

"
machopi wrote:
Hm, the shadow DOES have all the chaos nodes right off the bat, however the two ascension classes so far seem absolutely useless for a caustic arrow build.Wouldn't it be better to do this as a deadeye-ranger for the free chain, pierce, aoe radius etc. etc. ?

Ascendancy still won't be out for awhile and with all the chaos damage nodes in the shadow tree like you said I would think the 3rd ascendance class will have something to do with them.
"
Wracks wrote:
"
machopi wrote:
Hm, the shadow DOES have all the chaos nodes right off the bat, however the two ascension classes so far seem absolutely useless for a caustic arrow build.Wouldn't it be better to do this as a deadeye-ranger for the free chain, pierce, aoe radius etc. etc. ?

Ascendancy still won't be out for awhile and with all the chaos damage nodes in the shadow tree like you said I would think the 3rd ascendance class will have something to do with them.

Pretty much this. Plus you get a passive reset too, so it doesn't really matter.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
zeldicx wrote:
Hi bro,
Many thanks for the guide,srems preety solid for hc,ill try it today with new leage, can i ask you what skill do you use for leveling and which level is optimal to do transaction to PA?

Thanks!!!

Old School PA+Fire Trap is pretty normal. Get a +1 bow and its pretty decent. Though any bow skill now is probably decent to level with since all got buffed. I'd prob try a new skill since everything got buffed lol.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
So do you think following these changes that caustic arrow will be stronger then poison arrow is currently? I note on the patch notes that it says its getting its damage nerfed by 40 at level 20 but it seems the new gems/skills might possibly buff it?

"
Mental_One wrote:
So do you think following these changes that caustic arrow will be stronger then poison arrow is currently? I note on the patch notes that it says its getting its damage nerfed by 40 at level 20 but it seems the new gems/skills might possibly buff it?

I'm certain that the new support gems and how chaos and dot damage is on the tree will more than compensate for the loss of damage at lvl 20.
"
Mental_One wrote:

Well now we have upwards of 200%+ chaos damage on tree, 100%+ DoT, 100% proj damage (though we don't get all of it). We also use 5 MULTIPLICATIVE aka more damage, supports.

I think it will cope well with the nerf and I trust Chris when he sdays it will more than make up for it.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Nice short build BUT you forgot to link your flasks?...please link them or explain what you use and why :)
Check this :

http://poehub.org/skillgems/1352/

DPS is known now !
The build is short because 2.1 is not released yet. Will be updating more when I get home tonight.

Flasks should be pretty standard. 2/3 life flasks rolled with freeze/bleed immunity. Surgeons not needed. A Taste of Hate if you have it. An armor or evasion flask rolled with extra armor or evasion, I prefer Evasion.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Will post damage screenshots tonight/tomorrow after testing with new supports and leveling a bit.

Talent trees along with rough leveling trees posted. Remember this is a guide, not the law! If you need more damage and have enough life, go ahead and get some more damage nodes before getting additional life!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 11, 2015, 4:20:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info