[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

Hey bro, ur Gem choice and skill tree maybe got a problem, and cautic arrow is not chaos damg. Fail!!
Last edited by Henzard on Dec 9, 2015, 10:21:02 PM
"
Henzard wrote:
Hey bro, ur Gem choice and skill tree maybe got a problem, and cautic arrow is not chaos damg. Fail!!

I am hoping this is a bad troll, otherwise this is actually really funny. For your sake I hope it is a troll :)

It is chaos damage, what else would it be? If it was poison, they would not have renamed it. They renamed it because if it was called poison arrow but did not do poison damage, it would not make sense.

From the patch notes: "Poison Arrow has been renamed to Caustic Arrow as part of the poison changes. The damage of this skill has been increased by around 37% at level 1, but reduced by around 42% by level 20. This reduction is more than compensated for by supporting the skill with the new supports. Caustic Arrow's mana costs have been increased, from 5 to 8 at level one, and from 13 to 16 at level 20."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489915

From the 2.1 preview: "It can combine with the new chaos skills or existing ones like Caustic Arrow or Viper Strike."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478438

It is chaos damage.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 9, 2015, 11:20:31 PM
Do you think this will be a good build to start the new league with? I'm kind of trying to figure out what MF char is best starting bare-bones.
IGN: Interloper
Any thoughts on Hidden potential?
"
Infiltrator wrote:
Do you think this will be a good build to start the new league with? I'm kind of trying to figure out what MF char is best starting bare-bones.

I am sure it will be okay, but there are likely better MF builds out there for barebones. Flame Totem/Searing bond is looking nice.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Yendis wrote:
Any thoughts on Hidden potential?

It's decent and you can use it. You would likely not run lightning coil, but it is a big damage boost.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Using Inner Potential Gem, with all blue items it will give 200% + increased damage, considering 25% increased damage for each blue item,
It will increase the damage right?
"
poexx wrote:
Using Inner Potential Gem, with all blue items it will give 200% + increased damage, considering 25% increased damage for each blue item,
It will increase the damage right?

Hidden potential? Yes. That is how it works. Additive increases not multiplicative of course. That would be tough to do, you would need a shitload of gem slots most likely and that would be very expensive. You would likely have to drop lightning coil.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Ok, ty :)
I'm really looking forward for you testing this build out with the new tree and gems. I usually play a bow build, but I've never done pa/ca. Depending if this is uber viable I'll probably be playing your build as my first character this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info