facebreaker not 1 hitting everything

I recently bought some facebreakers, and I recall a lot of people mentioning how they were THE leveling item because you basically had to equip them and then proceed to 1 shot everything.

I have a pair of 720%, and they are good, but i'm definitely not 1 hitting anything, it even takes 5+ runs with cyclone before white mods a few levels below me die (i'm 34 btw).

Am I doing something wrong, or were the posts I was reading before exaggerating a bit? It's still good, just not this 1-hit killing machine it seemed to be made out to be. Additionally, if I remove my iron ring, my dps goes from about 150 to something like 50, which was pretty drastic...
It sounds like you aren't wearing any sources of flat physical damage. If you wear Meginord's and a bunch of flat phys jewelry, you will absolutely one-shot almost anything other than bosses. But that's the whole point. Without flat physical damage Facebreakers are pretty useless.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
phantom16 wrote:
I recently bought some facebreakers, and I recall a lot of people mentioning how they were THE leveling item because you basically had to equip them and then proceed to 1 shot everything.

I have a pair of 720%, and they are good, but i'm definitely not 1 hitting anything, it even takes 5+ runs with cyclone before white mods a few levels below me die (i'm 34 btw).

Am I doing something wrong, or were the posts I was reading before exaggerating a bit? It's still good, just not this 1-hit killing machine it seemed to be made out to be. Additionally, if I remove my iron ring, my dps goes from about 150 to something like 50, which was pretty drastic...
ok, so i do still need to worry about physical damage then. for some reason i recall a lot of leveling guides saying that you could forgoe offence and just focus on defense while using facebreaker, but that may have just been in regards to the passive tree? Equipping 2 iron rings does make a world of difference.

I have another inrelated questions, but I thought I would post here first isntead of making a new thread.

why do i keep running out of mana, when my mana regen is higher than my mana use?

I am using cyclone, and it takes 13 mana every .94 seconds (attack speed). That should be 13.8298 mana per second.

I am gaining 18.8 mana per second.

If I use it without hitting anything, it seems to be ok, but if i use cyclone against any mob, my mana rapidly runs out, as if i wasn't gaining enough fast enough (like you normally would run out if you habd a slow mana regen). But my mana regen is 38% higher than cyclones mana usage.

My ice crash does not have the same problem, but it's attack speed is slower than 1 second. Am I missing some deeper game mechanic here?
"
phantom16 wrote:
for some reason i recall a lot of leveling guides saying that you could forgoe offence and just focus on defense while using facebreaker, but that may have just been in regards to the passive tree?
Yeah, this is common advice for Facebreaker levelling but applies only to passives.

"
why do i keep running out of mana, when my mana regen is higher than my mana use?

I am using cyclone, and it takes 13 mana every .94 seconds (attack speed). That should be 13.8298 mana per second.

I am gaining 18.8 mana per second.

If I use it without hitting anything, it seems to be ok, but if i use cyclone against any mob, my mana rapidly runs out, as if i wasn't gaining enough fast enough (like you normally would run out if you habd a slow mana regen). But my mana regen is 38% higher than cyclones mana usage.

My ice crash does not have the same problem, but it's attack speed is slower than 1 second. Am I missing some deeper game mechanic here?

Cyclone is a bit weird in that if you target one spot (or unmoving enemy) you will go back and forth over that spot very rapidly, much more quickly than your attack speed. Thing is, every time you change direction with Cyclone it requires a new use of the skill, and thus costs mana. This is very much a Cyclone-specific issue.

I don't know about other people, but when I Cyclone level I do it with Tabula and use Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit so the mana cost is not an issue, because it can be crippling otherwise.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
phantom16 wrote:

get the following items -
or
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Duh. Because you need tons of phys damage. How can you 1 shot stuff when your only item you rely on is some % off phys damage facebreakers?
1. Make sure you are NOT using a weapon

2. Equip some flat damage
The only thing i can add is that you don't need to level-up with cyclone. In fact Cyclone with facebreakers can be challenging without proper support ( in terms of AoE radius and mana management ). In my humble opinion infernal blow for the low levels and ice crash for the mid levels do the job better given the fact that they are not mana/support gem/passive tree hungry.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 7, 2015, 4:13:15 AM
Do you understand how Facebreaker gloves actually work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info