So... watching Kripp and his friends faceroll end-game content... shouldn't that be more difficult?

Yeah I saw that too and, despite not being a Kripparian fan, his reaction to the death made him much more likeable to me.

PS: His fans, on the other hand, still seem able to drive me to distraction.
Last edited by Omnivore61 on Feb 15, 2013, 6:18:08 AM
To be fair Kripp's Freeze Pulse char would be dead again already.
However he escaped certain death by instantly hitting escape and logging out two nights ago.

So yeah there's that.
Last edited by zankioh on Feb 15, 2013, 6:37:34 AM
"
Coaster_Man wrote:
"
imo only way to judge "skill" and "whos pro" in this game are during races... not end-game content when u spend 100+ hours theorycrafting ur character... thats not skill/pro thats just doing ur homework in my opnion

So if I was able to get first place in all the 1 hour races but couldn't figure out how to beat piety on cruel, would I be considered "skilled/pro"?
Path of Exile is all about creating a character and a build. It's the one thing that makes it very different from a certain other game. Theorycrafting is a large part of the game.
Sure you can google search some mainstream build but that defeats the point and kills the fun.

"Everyone is a genius. If you Judge a fish by its ability to climb, it will spend its life thinking it is stupid."

I believe something like that applies here.

Some people are better and different play styles than others.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
zankioh wrote:
To be fair if Kripp's Freeze Pulse char would be dead again already.
However he escaped certain death by instantly hitting escape and logging out two nights ago.

So yeah there's that.

Because a guy as devoted to not-dying as Kripp is going to ignore even the meta-game tools at his disposal provided they do not actively breach the EULA/ToS...right?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
zankioh wrote:
To be fair if Kripp's Freeze Pulse char would be dead again already.

So yeah there's that.

Because a guy as devoted to not-dying as Kripp is going to ignore even the meta-game tools at his disposal provided they do not actively breach the EULA/ToS...right?

Of course not. I don't blame him for making use of it. It's up to GGG to find a solution to the emergency button. Right now it has its purpose due to desyncs and other bugs for sure, but later on I don't see why one should be able to escape deserved deaths so easily.

And for the record I do play HC as well.
A: Make gaming your job.
B: Find an overpowered build.
C: Exploit it.
Being old D2 players themselves and thus having experienced everything that game had to offer, I'm fairly sure the devs are aware of the escape/alt-f4 issue and could have 'fixed' it by now if they wished.

In other words, there's a meta-game and they know plenty of people play it. It's not as though the reset button is exclusively to PoE or even ARPGs in terms of fast, life-saving exits.

I mean, we can trace this back to the pinball concept of 'tilting', can't we? The machine detects if if you're not careful and punishes you...but if you're good at it, it can save your balls.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
zankioh wrote:
To be fair Kripp's Freeze Pulse char would be dead again already.

So yeah there's that.
I Have seen him do that, on pretty mutch every character he has. zzzzzz
The worst thing about this whole 'gaming celebrity' thing is that other people actually pay to watch these people play.

If you spent that time actually playing the game instead of watching other people play, you would be able to figure everything out yourself.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Once they make monsters hit harder/faster in parties it will be harder to faceroll anything, although I've only been told that's not the case, but yeah if all that happens in a party is mob gets extra HP of course it's going to be easy, and kripp farms ridiculous amounts, you seen his stash? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info