Replacement Descent Race for Yesterday's Crash/Downtime?

This issue seems to have gone unnoticed by GGG and unreported by anyone.

Soulthirst, Event 142: Descent yesterday was interrupted by a game-wide server issue that left most people unable to log in to any character whatsoever for 10-12 minutes from 11:39-11:50 AM PT.

The current instance you were in would be completable, but when you hit your next instance creation, you would freeze indefinitely. After 12 minutes most people were able to log back in, but not everyone afaik.

I believe when this kind of thing happened before a replacement event was scheduled. Players depending on the race to hit next seasonal point tiers may be affected if not.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 1, 2015, 5:06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If it was game wide then you can bet your arse there would be reports about it...right there and then, but there wasn't.

As such the servers were fine for everyone, though some may have had problems outside GGG's control connecting to the server...they wouldn't run the race again unless the servers were down and they know better than anyone when that happens.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
If it was game wide then you can bet your arse there would be reports about it...right there and then, but there wasn't.

As such the servers were fine for everyone, though some may have had problems outside GGG's control connecting to the server...they wouldn't run the race again unless the servers were down and they know better than anyone when that happens.

FYI, for someone that's generally very helpful, your posts have a slightly aggressive bent to them that can be a bit irritating. Somewhat of a "i know better than everyone or maybe even GGG themselves", when in actuality you're talking out of your ass on rare occasions (i noticed that in another thread as well recently, which is why i mention this). ;) Clearly you know a lot, but you don't know everything. Sometimes, if you don't know for sure, you'd be better off not responding, or at least not authoritatively.

The servers were most certainly not fine for everyone. Practically the entire community of racers were blocked and unable to log into the game for those 10 minutes, it was world-wide (not continent or internet-provider specific), and it affected lots of people not in races afaik.

I'll give you that it might have been outside of GGG's control, but absolute silence on this blatant issue is very odd, given how large of an impact it had on the race and the game servers.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 2, 2015, 11:37:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info