Feedback from Long-Time Player

Greet! I've been playing PoE since back around Ambush. A lot has changed, mostly for the better, but there can be so much more. Little tweaks and quality of life changes.

Bugs:
*On a character with no life regen, health potions will sometimes not fill up your HP entirely. Presumably they run on an HP per tick setup, but if that restoration on the tick is more than the health remaining, it just stops.
*The Not-A-Door in Lunaris. You know the one.
*Zana's level 7>8 Reputation goes outside the textbox. It can't handle numbers of that capacity!

Orbs:
*Fusing Orbs and Jewelers Orbs should be entropic. In this setup, every fusing orb you use gives the item a very small modifier to have fusing orbs in the future be more likely to get a better result. One or two wouldn't make a difference, but putting 500 into a chest armor in this case wouldn't be a waste, since the armor is more likely to get something out of it the next time you try. With the current system, it leaves unlucky players feeling like their work has been for nothing. Reward effort! (Alternately, allow people to see how many fusings they've used on an item, so they cry salty tears of failure.)
*There could be an option to Identify Inventory, where it uses your available scrolls on the first page of your stash to identify everything you're carrying. Simple quality of life.
*Similarly, a Sell All option, which places all of your inventory in the shopkeeper's side. You'd still have to click to confirm the sale.

MTX:
*Model Swapping. Allow someone playing as a Duelist to have the Witch model and VFX, for example.
*Projectile Mods. Something that applies to a wand or bow to make its generic shot model be something different. Pew pew laser beams, or flying skulls or whatnot.
*Casual gear skins. Wandslingers running around in cowboy hats.
*Pants for the templar. :P

Skills:
*More Wand skills. Ones that would reasonably make sense for a wand, like lightning arrow or whatnot.
*Single Target spells. Something that's rather powerful, but lacks clearspeed. Continually set That Guy on fire as you channel, or something.
*Vaal Fireball should be "Fires 32 times", rather than 32 projectiles. Synergy with LMP/GMP.
*A knockback skill/spell. Has a cooldown, but pushes enemies away in a specific direction. You! Go away.
*Make Righteous Fire a skill that is not as damaging to you, but also not as powerful at early levels. Right now it's a "Can I equip it?" sort of thing. What would make more sense is something like the old arctic armour, where it's "Can I level it up safely?" It would allow players to actually use it at the level they get it at, rather than way down the tree. When they have the regen to handle it, they level it up to deal more damage, and so forth.
*Status Proliferation on Kill. Say you have someone bleeding, or blinded. When they die, nearby enemies pick up what's left of the duration.
*Twincast. When linked to 2 different skill gems, casting one casts the other. Uses the slower of the two gem's cast speeds, with an additional reduction built into the gem for balance.
*Charge Shot. With a Bow or Wand, you charge up for a powerful 100% piercing attack, gaining damage the longer you channel. Like Flameblast, but for shooting.
*Vaal Temporal Chains. Enemies in a large area around you are frozen. You cannot hurt them, but they cannot hurt you.
*Vaal Leap Slam(Chaos Dunk?). As Leap Slam, but very large damage and knocks enemies a long distance back. Possibly holds multiple charges.
*Vaal Barrage. Fire a bajillion(give or take a few) arrows/shots over a short duration. You can change the direction it's firing, but you're stuck in place while it works.
*Vaal Flicker Strike. You blink to enemies near your target repeatedly.
*Vaal Enduring Cry. As base skill, but stronger and shares with allies. Minions get reduced effect.
*Vaal Vitality. You and allies gain large health regen for a duration.

Uniques:
*A shield that has very low defenses, but links its gems with the ones in your 1-handed weapon.
*A shield that grants Necromantic Aegis, with bonuses to minions.
*An amulet that dramatically increases attack speed while lowering damage, ala Quill Rain.
*Similarly, a wand/scepter that dramatically increases cast speed, but lowers spell damage.
*A wand with decreased spell/attack damage, but applies equipped curses on hit.
*A melee weapon with excessive range and damage, but pitiful attack speed. Don't miss.
*Armor that gives a small bit of damage reflect.
*A helmet with vast accuracy and light radius bonuses, but also prevents you from evading attacks. Hit me, hit me! Could offer defenses to other nearby allies.
*Similarly, a shield that prevents evasion, but has high block chance. Bullseye!
*A unique Something that turns mana regen into health regen. Perhaps the opposite too. Possibly a jewel.

General:
*When applying skills or refunds, allow players to see the new character screen before making a decision. Perhaps something as simple as an Undo feature that is locked if you leave the passive screen, so you can toggle back and forth to compare, but once you leave you're done.
*A currency transaction market. Not a full auction house for trading and item grabbing, but simple "I need chaos orbs, and I have an exalted." Perhaps a showing on the noticeboard in town what the going rates are, so less experienced players can utilize it well.
*Passive nodes or items based around making golem skills stronger. A summoner, but focused around a single powerful unit with a few zombies backing it up.
*Make it more obvious the difference between Elemental Reflect and Physical Reflect. Currently, ER is just the physical with things swirling around. Make it blue or something, a different color. Visibility!
*Similarly, Corrupting Blood/Corrupted Bloodline could have a small effect on the monster, to make it more obvious.
*Allow for sorting of stash tabs. Something like "I have a billion skill gems, alphabetize them for me please." or "Put these currency orbs next to each other."
*Skill tree needs more flat +x Accuracy rather than just +% accuracy. It's rather lacking.
*Alternate Gem Setups: This would probably be hard to implement, but has a lot of potential. Basically, you take something like your armor, and say "I have these 6 gems in it now, but I want to swap to Set 2 when I push a button." The additional gems would need to be in your inventory(to prevent it being abused for gem XP farming), but basically a quickswap sort of thing for gem links.
*A shop recipe to add/improve GoFast to boots without changing the rest of the boot. Take a 5 mod rare, give it 5% gofast, and slowly upgrade it to 30% with expensive things.

Gripe:
*The old Scion voice lines were good. The new ones sound like she's rather unhinged. This makes sense for someone like the Witch, but it clashes with the Scion background.
*Act 3-4 has a serious difficulty spike. Either tone down 4, or raise up 2. It's also noticeable in maps where act 4 enemies are just Better than others at their own level.
*Master missions post 8 have no real benefit, especially when found wandering about in random maps. Perhaps have a small bit of item drops of items relevant to that master? Armor for Haku, etc.
*Catarina and Vorici missions where you have to find the target should have a general direction, or Tora-style pointer. It's very odd when Cat asks you to bring things to her sculpture, but where is it? "Lol, I dunno, find it yourself."
*On that note, Vorici on Multi-Level areas is really annoying. What floor are they on? Lol, he doesn't know!
*Swapping weapons unequips your left mouse button skill. It remembers other things, so that shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Last edited by SuperTaster on Dec 1, 2015, 11:16:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
SuperTaster wrote:

Bugs:
*The Not-A-Door in Lunaris. You know the one.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"
*A shield that grants Necromantic Aegis, with bonuses to minions.
This is not possible iirc, it would run into a possible endless recursion. The minions will get all shield mods, including necro aegis. This will cause them then to give all shield mods to their own minions, if they have any, and so on.

"
*A melee weapon with excessive range and damage, but pitiful attack speed. Don't miss.
*Armor that gives a small bit of damage reflect.
*A helmet with vast accuracy and light radius bonuses, but also prevents you from evading attacks. Hit me, hit me! Could offer defenses to other nearby allies.
There's a bit too much synergies between these 3 items ;)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Dec 1, 2015, 2:20:25 PM
"
SuperTaster wrote:

*More Wand skills. Ones that would reasonably make sense for a wand, like lightning arrow or whatnot.

Everyone at GGG must be playing bows A LOT since they are happy to spend time making bow skills and bow-leveling uniques. We now have 10 bow-specific skills and still only 2 wand-specific skills.

This is what we call striving for balance - over 3 years into this game and still only 2 wand-specific skills.

Instead of adding a 2nd rain of arrows skill and a 2nd lightning arrow skill FFS -> make a cold wand skill and a lightning wand skill. This is not rocket science.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 1, 2015, 2:29:31 PM
I've added a lot more things as I've remembered them. Vaal skills and master bits and such.

Panini: I didn't really think of synergy. Just idea spewing. The armor and helmet do go well together.

Cery: No, it's not rocket science... it's missile science! Pew.
"
*Catarina and Vorici missions where you have to find the target should have a general direction, or Tora-style pointer. It's very odd when Cat asks you to bring things to her sculpture, but where is it? "Lol, I dunno, find it yourself."

I would guess not long time enough ^^

Check where they point after talking to them to get the quest. Vorici points with his arm in the according direction and faces that way. Catarina not for all missions but does it for some aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info