throw napalm spell gem

tags: cast, spell, fire, projectile, area, duration
throw a ground targeted projectile
on impact with the ground, leaves an area of burning ground
1 second cool down
3 second duration
same radius as a level 1 curse

same damage over time as searing bond.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Basically an upgraded fire trap.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"

Exactly what I thought.

Now, as a small request, I think changing the name of fire trap to Napalm trap would be kind of cool.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
"

Exactly what I thought.

Now, as a small request, I think changing the name of fire trap to Napalm trap would be kind of cool.

No, not to me. Napalm does not fit the lore of POE at all.
Napalm is illegal.
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Napalm is illegal.

I am pretty sure that your local police isn't fond of fire traps either.
hahaha. The legislators to wraeclast have arrived. 1st law on the books: napalm is illegal. :P
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
svnhddbst wrote:
1 second cool down
3 second duration

like the concept but its to similar to diablo 3's witch doctor skills and its cooldown is also very unbalanced concidering it annoys players who wants to hold down the button and like the others say, its to similar to fire trap. if the skill dealt damage on hit in an AoE, had less duration(if not none) and had a 3second cooldown(or 0 if not burning ground) the skill could become something... tho im sad to say it wont really change the fact its to similar to the flaming skull throw with one of the runes that witch doctor can get
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
"
svnhddbst wrote:
1 second cool down
3 second duration

like the concept but its to similar to diablo 3's witch doctor skills and its cooldown is also very unbalanced concidering it annoys players who wants to hold down the button and like the others say, its to similar to fire trap. if the skill dealt damage on hit in an AoE, had less duration(if not none) and had a 3second cooldown(or 0 if not burning ground) the skill could become something... tho im sad to say it wont really change the fact its to similar to the flaming skull throw with one of the runes that witch doctor can get

it being similar to diablo 3 has absolutely nothing to do with this skill, or having it in poe, that is entirely pointless to state.

the concept i was going for was "searing bond but not a shit line from a totem, so it might be able to get some good aoe and be actually used for aoe clear", the other thing is that, it's similar but different from fire trap, since you can't stack two burn effects, and you can't crit, but in exchange you don't need clever construction.
"
svnhddbst wrote:
"
"
svnhddbst wrote:
1 second cool down
3 second duration

it being similar to diablo 3 has absolutely nothing to do with this skill, or having it in poe, that is entirely pointless to state.

the concept i was going for was "searing bond but not a shit line from a totem, so it might be able to get some good aoe and be actually used for aoe clear", the other thing is that, it's similar but different from fire trap, since you can't stack two burn effects, and you can't crit, but in exchange you don't need clever construction.
looking beyond the fact its based of diablo 3's witchdoctor, i am still unsable to concider the fact its too similar to fire trap. if i understand correctly, its a skill you throw that will cause burning ground which is basicly the same concept to a fire trap besides the fact its not a trap. if this would be a skill you throw that when impacted will deal damage in an area without the throw being blocked by enemies and having to rely on pierce to hit its main target, the explosion would deal damage in an AoE and stack up greatly with AoE and fire damage in the addition of being unable to crit, i could see it not being to similar to fire trap and not being the same as fireball... (yet again this idea would be a copy of diablo 3's witchdoctor) unless you change the concept completely i cant see this idea going anywhere
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info