High packet loss: MTR included

Hello, I am having huge lag spikes making the game unplayable.

I'm not exactly sure I did this right, but I live in texas and used the "speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com".

My MTR results are below:

anything I can do to fix this problem? Probably is my isp
Last edited by toyboy360 on Nov 30, 2015, 8:20:08 PM
Hiya, thanks for posting the WinMTR report with your thread. You're getting a lot of packet loss right from the first hop, meaning your computer or your router could be the issue.

The first thing you could try here is resetting your router. If that doesn't help, try temporarily disabling your firewall.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
thank you for the fast reply, im in a college apartment and im plugged in directly to the wall so i guess Ill try disabling my firewall on my computer and see if that helps.

EDIT: I turned off windows firewall and the lag spikes are continuing to happen, I suppose its because my apartment's modem is the issue and I don't have access to that?

EDIT2: Dont know if it was disabling my firewall but the issue has been resolved.
Last edited by toyboy360 on Nov 30, 2015, 8:55:47 PM
No problem, I'm glad the lag spikes have stopped! If you have this problem again you are welcome to post again here or email us at support@grindinggear.com and we should be able to help.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info