Feedback from a new player.

Hey all. First, I really enjoy POE and think it is a great game. That being said there are a few things that I have encountered that strike me as flawed.

1.)Ailments-things like bleed need to be more visually or auditorily recognizable. Espcially with a high AS character, it is very easy to die before the bleed is noticeable.

2.)Enemies with reflect-the thorns visual needs to allow the player to distinguish if the enemy has elemental or physical resist. It takes away from the gaming experience to have to try to hover over an enemy before attacking to see which reflect you are dealing with. Also as a ranged character I have died many times because I one shot myself by hitting an off screen enemy with elemental reflect. I'm all for difficulty but that seems over the top.

3.Flasks-Why does the flask effect end when life/mana reaches 100%. Especially with mana where a majority is being reserved, it is terrible to use a flask that is suppose to last for 14s and have it last 2 because 75% of mana is reserved. The divination distillate flask realllly suffers the ill effects of this mechanic, as the benefits are almost always cut significantly short because life/mana hit 100%.

Those are the three big things that I think would add tremendoously to our QOL as POE players.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1-Imho only blood corruption mods should have a visual on the monster, the rest of the 'ailment' thing as you call is not an issue on the character itself, there is already a visual. But having vulnerability curse and high AS against blood corruption is a killer.
2-agree
3-this is very basic mechanism in POE, if you want the effect to last the full time, don't use mana/life flask but the others (e.g. topaz flask)
"
reliq wrote:
this is very basic mechanism in POE, if you want the effect to last the full time, don't use mana/life flask but the others (e.g. topaz flask)
"-X is bad.
-Don't use X, use Y"
While this answer is somewhat valid I cannot help but notice that OP wasn't asking about how to deal with it, he just pointed out that current life/mana flask system doesn't make sense.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
reliq wrote:
this is very basic mechanism in POE, if you want the effect to last the full time, don't use mana/life flask but the others (e.g. topaz flask)
"-X is bad.
-Don't use X, use Y"
While this answer is somewhat valid I cannot help but notice that OP wasn't asking about how to deal with it, he just pointed out that current life/mana flask system doesn't make sense.

Maybe he didn't know the 'right' way (read POE way) to use flasks. Surgeon flasks are OP and grant perma immunity / bonus already. Imagine a flask with 14sec effect... !

Also another tips, using lower level life/mana enable to benefit from the effect for longer time as it will take longer time to fill-up your life bar. This is really common for mana flasks when you have a lot of your mana reserved for aura etc.

If I want to be an A**H**** i'd say the OP is lacking understanding of the game mechanism about point 3, system is fine there is no need to change anything.
2. This is already in the game. Physical reflect aura is one color, elemental reflect aura is a different color. As for you hitting it from offscreen....I think there should be a price to pay for killing monsters you aren't close enough to see.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Hey all. First, I really enjoy POE and think it is a great game. That being said there are a few things that I have encountered that strike me as flawed.

1.)Ailments-things like bleed need to be more visually or auditorily recognizable. Espcially with a high AS character, it is very easy to die before the bleed is noticeable.

2.)Enemies with reflect-the thorns visual needs to allow the player to distinguish if the enemy has elemental or physical resist. It takes away from the gaming experience to have to try to hover over an enemy before attacking to see which reflect you are dealing with. Also as a ranged character I have died many times because I one shot myself by hitting an off screen enemy with elemental reflect. I'm all for difficulty but that seems over the top.

3.Flasks-Why does the flask effect end when life/mana reaches 100%. Especially with mana where a majority is being reserved, it is terrible to use a flask that is suppose to last for 14s and have it last 2 because 75% of mana is reserved. The divination distillate flask realllly suffers the ill effects of this mechanic, as the benefits are almost always cut significantly short because life/mana hit 100%.

Those are the three big things that I think would add tremendoously to our QOL as POE players.

how new of a player are you realy?
this "oneshot from offscreen" made me think a bit. you joined like 1 1/2 month ago and already 6 linked something and chanced a unique. spent several vaal orbs on gear and on maps.

Do you have a very nice friend who "introduced" you to this game?
He could also have told you that all your 3 points are somehow invalid.

1. A notification on Corrupting Blood would only make sense when giving the enemy some kind of aura. (if you die to it now you most likely will die to it even with sound notification).
But adding more auras to enemies would be bad as they would overlap. Depending on the skill you are using some of us already have a hard time even seeing it because the screen is covered with the skill effect. You just need to be careful here and have a anti-bleed flask with you.

2. Reflect was basically removed from the game. It can only occur as map mod or as an affix for a rare mob (and only the rare mob). The "aura" on the mob is VERY visible and you can easily distinguish phys and ele reflect.
If you off-screen-oneshot yourself i'd say it's your own fault and it also is the ONLY drawback for a build that is able to cheese everything else. (i would never have removed thornflesh and reflect as an aura, but ok. neon died to it and rage-removed it).

3. As you said: the mana and life flask effect ends when full mana/life is reached. Utility flasks on the other hand (quicksilver, resistance, granite etc.) last the full durarion which can be increased by adding quality. As for 1. you could roll the anti-bleed affix (staunching) and be immune to it for nearly 5 seconds.
As for mana flasks. You don't need to use the highest flask available. If you only have 100 mana to spend use a large or greater mana flask. Just be sure they have an itemlevel above 10,12 or 18 depending on the affixes you want.
Flask management is very important in PoE. But i don't see that any changes are needed here. (except maybe the surgeon's affix but that's a different discussion).
Last edited by Ruefl2x on Dec 1, 2015, 5:53:30 AM
Typical bloody POE forums. New player makes a feedback post and most of the thread is making excuses.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:

how new of a player are you realy?
this "oneshot from offscreen" made me think a bit. you joined like 1 1/2 month ago and already 6 linked something and chanced a unique. spent several vaal orbs on gear and on maps.

Do you have a very nice friend who "introduced" you to this game?

Why is it bothering you? A friends help, found himself or RMTed... Its not your busyness how he owned those items

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
He could also have told you that all your 3 points are somehow invalid.

*Facepalm*

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
1. A notification on Corrupting Blood would only make sense when giving the enemy some kind of aura. (if you die to it now you most likely will die to it even with sound notification).
But adding more auras to enemies would be bad as they would overlap. Depending on the skill you are using some of us already have a hard time even seeing it because the screen is covered with the skill effect. You just need to be careful here and have a anti-bleed flask with you.

Corrupting blood is like on the 2nd place after reflect that kills and make you wonder what the fuck, so aura even if on top of 1000 skills effect of other stuff wouldnt hurt.
BTW why are you saying he will die to it even with sound? What made you think so? So you would sure notice it with sound, right? But not he. But you would. You are cool. Are you trying to offend him?

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
2. Reflect was basically removed from the game. It can only occur as map mod or as an affix for a rare mob (and only the rare mob). The "aura" on the mob is VERY visible and you can easily distinguish phys and ele reflect.
If you off-screen-oneshot yourself i'd say it's your own fault and it also is the ONLY drawback for a build that is able to cheese everything else. (i would never have removed thornflesh and reflect as an aura, but ok. neon died to it and rage-removed it).

Well, I got back to the game after a year break, have been plaaying like 2 weeks almost every day for a few hours. And I still dont know how recognise what the reflect monster is it, phys or ele, I always point on it with my mouse. Easily distinguish yeah.

Besides IMO reflect thing is dumb, is shuold be compleetly removed if there are chances to die from a monster that offscreen. *Fault* *drawback for a build*...stop it already. So if you able to outsmart monsters and kill them before they got close to you to give you a hit with -75% resists and stay alive you must be punished for it with a stupid mod ?

If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"

as a 1.5 year try hard player. i totally agree with you on this.

Offscreen ele reflect is ridiculously stupid and nonsense. reflect should have a range or sth like that.

actually, i dont even understand why reflect still exists in the game.

why GGG has a moral approach to the builds. 'you have good clear speed but low survivability, you must die! get punished scrub... reflect! in your face.' but why? it used to be, ''you have no high dps? go to hell' until 2.0 comes. After 2.0, the builds are like, ''you have survivability? good, we devs allow you be able to do every content in the game.'' why do you bother with my build, if i can kill 82 malachai with 5k health? with my pure light damage ranger i can do every boss but i cant even map with my boss setup. whenever i wanna play maps, its like life a dog on the streets, i can use my 30% potential with crit bow. i have god damn 608 pdps bow, all my 6l is to reduce my damage in order to save my ass vs reflect. you GGG guys think reflect punishes squishy builds? No. reflect punishes 'pure damage' builds. like 100% light damage, lightning arrow; 100% phys damage split arrow. some enjoy tank builds, GGG keeps helping their builds dedicatedly, why do you punish my clear speed freak builds?

i believe reflect exists just because of temp leagues races, people could get lvl 96-97 with having a squishy dps machine + aurabot in their team. they dont want that happen. okay, but what bad is about splitting roles of a perfect char to a team. A tank + a dps machine + a aurabot. Thats a perfect team.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 1, 2015, 9:22:35 AM
Reflect and Corrupting Blood/lines are much weaker now than they ever have been in the past. They explicitly exist (and have existed for years now) to kill glass cannon characters and to force people to slow down and pay attention to the enemies that they are attacking. This includes looking for the existing visual clues, audio clues, reading their tooltip, and so on.

Divination Distillate also explicitly stops working when you heal up because that's part of the challenge of using the item. Otherwise it would just be free MF for every character.

These are "QoL" changes in the sense that easier, less complex and less involved gameplay would improve the OP's quality of life. "QoL" is supposed to be about changes that improve life for every player, not just those that believe the game is too hard or too easy.

---

"
Rupenus wrote:
Offscreen ele reflect is ridiculously stupid and nonsense. reflect should have a range or sth like that.

I agree. Players shouldn't be able to deal offscreen damage and thus won't be subject to offscreen reflect. It's a bit ridiculous that it's even possible to outrange enemy AI in a modern ARPG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info