Standard is a trash!

totaly agree with uzzman.......standard is the real core-game , league are just like "hollidays".....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
When was the last great, awesome and truly powerful unique that was created by GGG, that you would be thrilled to find in loot piles - an original shavs or kaoms heart-like, on that level?? Where are the new acuity's, the headhunter's of today? Where are these brilliant and awesome items that only came to existence a while ago but no more, which once made farming a joy but now a burden??

These top tier legacy only benefit the minority that have them, it does nothing for the large majority that doesn't. It ended up becoming a curse that agonize standard league.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Temp leaguers don't have a clue what perm leaguers complain about, they are so narrow minded all they care about is running a new hamster wheel every 3 months forever, and not care about the general growth and good of the game, which is why you see moronic statements like STD = dumpster league that no-one cares about.

Moronic statement or not, it is the truth of what standard is, this was made clear a long time ago by GGG back in closed beta when people first raised all these concerns about balancing, legacies, fucked up economy etc. They acknowledged that balance would be nearly impossible in a permanent league and so wouldn't bother, that's the way it is.
 Ok, so we have permanent leagues, temp leagues, and races. 3 ways to play PoE. Variety is better than only one way to play. Your choice on playing a build, long term (permanent leagues), medium term (3 or 4 month leagues), short term (races) is obviously your own personal choice. So the OP hates permanent leagues, ok, his personal choice. I personally hate 1 shot death mechanics, we have that in all leagues so I'm out of luck here or I can quit PoE. I haven't done that because since there are a gazillion builds I haven't tried yet I have a long way to go (to infinitely and beyond... err... not quite that far).

Anyway the OP is free to state his dislike of permanent leagues. I can state forever that I'd love to see a SFL League. To each his/her own. And GGG is going to code PoE the way they want which is not going to satisfy the majority of us. And our real lives go on. C'est La Vie.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Pick an opinion. Any opinion at all... doesn't matter. Open a public forum related to that issue. SOMEONE will post that opinion eventually, and everyone else will jump on the chance to pick on him.

Let this one go. The kid isn't even out of grade school yet.

I think he is more likely ESL than a young person.

That being said his complaint is easy to understand regardless.

He is saying that GGG's focus on temp leagues is provides a hollow experience because at the end players are expected to reroll and start over (hamster wheel). While at the same time all the features that are added from the temp leagues into standard are not balanced around standard, but rather around a 1-4 month life cycle resulting in ruining the only meaningful mode of play.

It would be better long term if GGG focused around new content for standard and put out more gimmicky things for temp leagues that wouldn't become part of the base game.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"

It would be better long term if GGG focused around new content for standard and put out more gimmicky things for temp leagues that wouldn't become part of the base game.

You are missing a few key points. First, since the minority (shrinking?) play standard it would be bad business to change focus. Also, you need a time machine at this point. It's too late for standard. All you can do is slow the decay.

Every dam temp league there is a scandal economy breaking exploit in temp league.

Last time was the +3 bow, before the gcpman, before the boss kill for prizes, the summoner exploit , the rmt map scandal.... etc etc

Temp league is the most crooked shit in this game. Even in standard you don t see anymore those RMT trading add on teh notice board. In temp league they are here all the time.

No even talking about those boring streamers who pass their time winning the 100 races because they get 100 followers giving them free shit (it is not surprising most of those top players can t win the ladder when it is about solo races....)

No wonder some of those "master of trading" players went to temp league. It is so much easier for them to control the market and scam their way with all the people in temp ready to eat shit because streamers said it was good.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 1, 2015, 7:33:10 AM
starting over and over from 1 IS extremely tedious, but the conclusion standard is worthless is complete nonsense.

standard IS de facto the game proper, yet ggg TREATS it as worthless. this is the origin of all factors which prevent this game from being excellent (instead of only having excellent gameplay and character building but no other redeeming factors). a game that you need to invest extreme amounts of time into cannot be at the same time be based on a concept of very limited time excitement (leagues levels 1-75 or 85, your mileage may vary)

---> long-term motivation only with long-term game elements (and I don't mean fucking grinding for no end purpose whatsoever)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 1, 2015, 8:38:49 AM
"
viperesque wrote:

For me, Standard is boring and pointless (except to test stuff), because there is no progression. Levelling characters is trivial because I have an infinite supply of twinking uniques. Respeccing existing characters feels hollow because I haven't stuck with the build and grown it from scratch. Farming holds no satisfaction because I have nothing to buy that doesn't cost triple-digit exalts. Mapping is empty too because I already have a supply of high level maps to pick from rather than having to work my way up the tiers and fight for them.

this feeling is exactly where my concept of a KINGDOMS(tm) expansion attaches.

standard wouldn't be meaningless but the base of operations instead, while leaving temp leagues virtually untouched for the people who like that form of gameplay

it's so funny, I literally got the concpt to draw this game out of the dirt, but it's next to impossible to convey it since nobody will listen to Kassandra

but hell... if I can somehow get past my limitations in graphic design and video editing (nevermind the complete lack of software), I might SET THE GEARS IN MOTION after all
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 1, 2015, 8:51:31 AM
The only solution to remove the "dumpster" status of Standard is to do what should have been done before closed beta even started: make hardcore mean permanent death. Once a hardcore character dies (in any league) it is deleted with all items equipped and in your inventory. End of story.

That's what a hardcore character is supposed to be, and it would help if dead hardcore chars didn't give or trade away their stuff in Standard post-death.

That said, PoE also needs an item sink of some sort. Vaal orbs was one idea, but more is needed. Darkshrine was cool. Item wear is not a good solution though, but maybe some sort of special items, ethereal..? Something for the devs to ponder. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info