Cast on Death + Contagion, max aoe... thoughts?

Had this idea when I saw a build of the week video and then went and saw some stuff about a new contagion gem. AOE buffs tend to really reduce damage output, but cast on death really amps it up, and the ability to go fully glass cannon and abandon defense nodes entirely takes that a step further into crazy damage territory.

I am thinking it may be possible to fully clear a map by suiciding into the first pack if the mob density is good enough. Of course this is all just speculation, but what do you guys think? Any uniques that might enable this kind of stuff?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
I only really play HC but...how are you planning on levelling/gaining exp?
"

"Blog input 3,

My Cast on Death build is doing terribly trying to level up. Ever after starting Cruel, I've been stuck at the beginning of my level. I'm still figuring out what I'm doing wrong"
"
dommomo wrote:

Some builds are considered "complete" at certain levels and are more concerned about farming items than about gaining xp, like Atziri farming or running around naked in 400% iir etc.

On topic, I don't think your build will work, packs tend to have gaps in between even on the densest most optimal maps, might be ok outside of maps with a CoD-Portal and a bunch of mf stats. A potential use for the %damage while dead jewel corruption? :)

Didn't know such a gem existed o.O Must have been added while I was gone

In any case I wonder what the max aoe is, that would be the deciding factor I think as to whether or not the build is viable
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
What I want to know is, what is Cast on Death for? PVP as a last resort troll revenge spell to throw a wizard's curse at your opponent?

What normally works best with it? I've never seen anyone actually use it...
"
What I want to know is, what is Cast on Death for?

So you can spam it when someone die.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 1, 2015, 3:56:10 PM
"
Lightcaster88 wrote:
What I want to know is, what is Cast on Death for? PVP as a last resort troll revenge spell to throw a wizard's curse at your opponent?

Here's a way of using it that Chris apparently liked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzEKCd1pg4
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Lightcaster88 wrote:

Here's a way of using it that Chris apparently liked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzEKCd1pg4

Yea, ability to "one-shot" something might be quite handy but I don't think it would be reasonable for normal clearing. Maybe if you are in party the rest can kill all the mobs and just push you out when the boss is in the sight. Faster clearing with one "kamikaze guy".

To be honest, this gem is broken and I its usage is some really niche things like "half a min off from clearing for party" or "for fun blasts".... I am still waiting for some keystone or maybe some node in Ascendency tree to summoner subclass "minions have "cast on death" feature with 30% effectivness" or something similar.
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 2, 2015, 5:47:53 AM
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
"
Lightcaster88 wrote:

Yea, ability to "one-shot" something might be quite handy but I don't think it would be reasonable for normal clearing. Maybe if you are in party the rest can kill all the mobs and just push you out when the boss is in the sight. Faster clearing with one "kamikaze guy".

To be honest, this gem is broken and I its usage is some really niche things like "half a min off from clearing for party" or "for fun blasts".... I am still waiting for some keystone or maybe some node in Ascendency tree to summoner subclass "minions have "cast on death" feature with 30% effectivness" or something similar.

I was just about to ask if it worked with minions, because I use an archer build and use Blink arrow, so if your clone could die and cast a spell that would be awesome to sacrifice it. Hmmm.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info