Confuse? Running in opposite direction

Recently I've had a very strange thing happen. I try to run away from a mob, I use whirling blades usually to do so, but after the whirl ends my character runs back in the opposite direction. Both times this happened to me were in Academy map. Not sure if that's part of it. I asked in global chat today and someone told me I was under a spell of sorts called "confuse" (didn't seem like a troll). The first map I thought it was just odd or a glitch. The second map had all demon mod so I tried to look up the demons and if they said anything about it. Also did a general search for confusion everywhere but can't find anything.

Any information to clarify the cause of this is greatly appreciated.
can a bitch get her hat back
I'm not playing in the current leagues so I don't know if anything was added. But from my experience, the only thing that would do that would be "chance to flee". I didn't think it worked on players though and have never had it happen to me. But maybe it's in the darkshrine leagues.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Thanks for reply.

Thing is though it's not making me flee, it's actually making me run back towards the monsters.

As far as I know there isn't a shrine effect that will cause this. Don't think I put anything in for that map either.

Maybe I'll just bug report it or send them an email.
no, what's probably happening is you had your mouse name locked on some monster, so you simply ran back towards the monster you whirling bladed away from. Also, this confusion spell is total bs, the guy who said it didnt know what he was talking about (I have 1700 hours in the game)
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Thanks for the reply.

That's definitely a possibility. Of course I was so panicked and focused on trying to get away.. over and over again lol.. that maybe I didn't realize I was targeting a monster still. I'll try to look out for that if it happens again.
ok, maybe a bit of a long shot here. There is a software thing that affects hardware that will que up a bunch of mouse clicks if you hold down a button. This is completely on your end and has nothing to do with the game. It may be making you run back to the spot you originally clicked. So test it this way. First, make sure to do a single click and do it way out in front of where WB would take you. Second, click directly in front of character. What happens? =D Also, I can't remember what the thing is called.
Sounds similar to a problem I started having. I used to click lightning warp far away from a strongbox and then click the strongbox before the warp started. Peachy I'd be out of the way by the time the mobs spawned. Now every time I try it my toon warps first then runs back and opens the box. Rotten peaches. I think this one changed when I put faster casting and less duration on my lightning warp so that the graphic takes place after the action. If it is true I would say it is also caused by my computer being a potato and possible some lag between my potato and the server. Also contributing to me thinking that this is the case is that if I Lightning warp three times fast I see the first two teleports with the graphic but with the third one she just appears somewhere else.

I also think that click/button stacking is possible. When I use spell echo and get too heavy handed on the button I can stack up to 3 presses, immobilizing the toon for six casts. This + tired is how I have racked up most of her deaths. Just last night I was playing right before going to bed (just one more map...) and wanted to finish up quickly. I was running and just holding down the button when I got to the mobs. One of them was frost bearers and she's wearing an Infernal Mantel with 75% mana reservation. I saw the marks on the ground and click to run but she cast 4 more times first. 6 overlapping frost bearer explosions + low mana = dead toon.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info