Headphones

Hey Guy's 'n Girls

I play games on my laptop and use headphones - Beats Solo HD, these are really great as they are on ear so they don't interfere with my glasses and i've been looking for a pair of wireless gaming headphones, bought the turtle beach 450 wireless but they push the arms of my glasses which is a shame so sending them back in a few days, so question is does anyone know of a really good pair like the beats solo hd and style that are also wireless?

Thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
I would recommend something with 7.1 dobly surround. Truly amazing difference. So good in fact, Counter Strike:GO had to release a sound patch that broke 7.1 positional awareness and push people down to 5.1 surround through the client options, it was literally unfair playing with 7.1.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Dec 3, 2015, 11:56:20 AM
I'd go with Sennheiser all the way. I'm using the PC360 (wired) all day long with my glasses without any problem and their headsets in general have amazing reviews. When I got my PC360 it costed around 150€ but now I can really say it's worth every cent. Wireless series are the 1XX, and if you're ordering from Amazon.com the RS120 is only 70$ for now (instead of 129$).
IGN : @Morgoth
Do not buy Sennheiser wireless. The power inlet requirements are touchy meaning they simply won't function on powerboards half the time. My version has a tuning wheel which seems redundant for a dedicated input source. They also revert to static if there is no audio present for a few minutes at a time. This is annoying given that at low volume (yet still present) it often detects no sound and cuts to static.

Finding a perfect set of wireless headphones that tick every single box are hard to find.
also interested in hints for good headphones.

had speedlink medusa 5.1 for several years which broke mechanically but had good sound and micro.

replaced them with some mad catz tritton pro+ 5.1 which are absolutely crap because they broke mechanically after 4 months.

additionally the microphone's usb power plug either causes serious background noise when i plug it into the computer and the micro works.

or i can get rid of the background noise by plugging it into a external usb power plug but then the micro doesn't work.

wireless is a good idea for listening to music outdoors but isn't it a disadvantage for long term play on the computer?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
wireless have the tendency to die at the worst times in my experience and really make long gaming sessions a problem. and consistently not running them down significantly before recharging is bad for rechargeable batteries. imo, nothing wrong with them while they are working, better than wired for convenience, but has a prevalent point of failure, no headphones like 25-30% of the time if you are meticulous, 50-75% if you are careless about recharging (25-30% may be too high if you are very meticulous and don't play marathons)

I recommend corsair void for headset (unless you want just headphones), wired or wireless, solid construction (metal connectors to ear cups), very good 7.1 sound, pretty good price points, but they are bulky and pretty heavy (still very comfortable on head), so don't know about with glasses, but my gf likes them and wears glasses.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Dec 4, 2015, 2:16:39 PM
I can recommend the HyperX Cloud from Kingston if you can forgo wireless. Best headset I ever used and it's really cheap for what it offers. The Cloud II is also very good but as far as I heard the USB soundcard is shite so it's not worth the surcharge.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i always use open back Sennheisers, I wear mine with glasses all the time but I did stretch them a bit over a box so they wouldnt grip so hard.
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Hey Guy's 'n Girls

I play games on my laptop and use headphones - Beats Solo HD, these are really great as they are on ear so they don't interfere with my glasses and i've been looking for a pair of wireless gaming headphones, bought the turtle beach 450 wireless but they push the arms of my glasses which is a shame so sending them back in a few days, so question is does anyone know of a really good pair like the beats solo hd and style that are also wireless?

Thanks

I actually use the same headphones. Turtle Beach, anyway. They're PX22 headphones. When I wear the headphones I just adjust te arms of my glasses to sit on my head, basically angling them down. I can still see perfectly well through the glasses, and the headphones don't press against/ride the glasses. Until I had figured this out it was a real issue and was painfully uncomfortable.

Essentially, the arms of my glasses are no longer resting against the top of my ears; they're resting against the top of my headphones. Solves all my problems!
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Dec 6, 2015, 7:52:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info