Level 100 - how hard is it?

"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Kudos to you - and I hope you make it, but taking 22 days from 93-94, how long between 96 and 97?

We must take into account that in these 22 days I changed build 2 times... not for that perhaps it would have been 3 or 4 days less. Anyway I do not want think how long it will take for example from 97 to 98. If everything was fantastic and I do not die and other factors favored me, maybe get from 94 to 100 would take me three months to my pace of play (which is not a fast pace like most of the streamers).

93 to 94, 22 days?! HOW?! I just did 94 to 95 in less than a week, and currently 35% on my way to 96...no way it should take 22 days, or even 14 days for that matter! lol...and I am in no means rich im in fact poor cause I can't stand to trade in this game, ive maybe sold 3 things and bought maybe 25 things if that! And I certainly don't buy maps, I run what I got...sometimes I grind the ever living shit out of tier 5 and 6 maps, and fill in with higher tiers when they drop! All this while going to a 8hr day job, 5 days a week...so im confused on the time table here, it doesn't even get hard and painful till 96+...
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 1, 2015, 3:49:58 AM
I got to level 95 22% in 9 days playtime or 216 hours doing 90% T9 maps and not a single map over T11 and completely solo. Playing at a rate of 4 hours per days means it would take 54 days. Keep in mind a lot of that playtime was afk in town while I was away and I was incredibly bold in some of my boss attempts. legacy -20max resist shrine piety for example.

Someone who was rotating in a group could easily reach 95 in less than 4 days or 96 hours. Maps are so cheap now a days and even level 95 is attainable for many more players than it was say a year ago.

Its very easy up to level 90.
90-96 gets slow.
97-98 very slow.
99-100 unbearably slow.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 1, 2015, 4:37:32 AM
I'm currently lvl 99, and how fast you can do it depends on the lvl of maps you do and how many times you die. If you have 0 deaths, it actually goes surprisingly fast. Yesterday I got 25% xp and I didn't feel like I put in very much effort. That's a quarter of the lvl done and you can do much more. The problem is finding a party where you can share maps so you don't have to rely solely on your own maps. If you wanna do it purely by yourself, then it will be quite expensive. Leveling to 100 pre 2.0 was much harder where 78 was the highest map. T12+ maps still give a ton of xp post nerfs.
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Kudos to you - and I hope you make it, but taking 22 days from 93-94, how long between 96 and 97?

We must take into account that in these 22 days I changed build 2 times... not for that perhaps it would have been 3 or 4 days less. Anyway I do not want think how long it will take for example from 97 to 98. If everything was fantastic and I do not die and other factors favored me, maybe get from 94 to 100 would take me three months to my pace of play (which is not a fast pace like most of the streamers).

93 to 94, 22 days?! HOW?! I just did 94 to 95 in less than a week, and currently 35% on my way to 96...no way it should take 22 days, or even 14 days for that matter! lol...and I am in no means rich im in fact poor cause I can't stand to trade in this game, ive maybe sold 3 things and bought maybe 25 things if that! And I certainly don't buy maps, I run what I got...sometimes I grind the ever living shit out of tier 5 and 6 maps, and fill in with higher tiers when they drop! All this while going to a 8hr day job, 5 days a week...so im confused on the time table here, it doesn't even get hard and painful till 96+...

What is so strange? What is the need to say lol?
The top players take 2 weeks from level 1 to 100. You can do it? Nobody plays the same way. If you pass stuck in partys or like to be "The Flash" within the maps is your style of play and not necessarily that of others. If you can't understand the realities of everyone, then... lol
You ever wonder how many players who want level 90 not even succeed?

lol...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
How long will it take to get to 100 farming Dried Lake?
IGN: ragol
"
Pioneer2 wrote:
How long will it take to get to 100 farming Dried Lake?

That question can be answered with another question... How long you think to resist until you die of boredom only running Dried Lake?
I think it would not be even half the time required to reach 100.

XD

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Nephalim wrote:
I got to level 95 22% in 9 days playtime or 216 hours doing 90% T9 maps and not a single map over T11 and completely solo. Playing at a rate of 4 hours per days means it would take 54 days. Keep in mind a lot of that playtime was afk in town while I was away and I was incredibly bold in some of my boss attempts. legacy -20max resist shrine piety for example.

Someone who was rotating in a group could easily reach 95 in less than 4 days or 96 hours. Maps are so cheap now a days and even level 95 is attainable for many more players than it was say a year ago.

Its very easy up to level 90.
90-96 gets slow.
97-98 very slow.
99-100 unbearably slow.

no it used to be easy to 90. now after xp nerf even 75 up to 80 is boring as hell! you are cluttered with maps now but they are worth shit in xp!

coincidentally with my flame totem builds I could clear level 75 maps AT level 75 already, so additional levelling feels (or rather felt) even more pointless than usual

oh yeah and I can't take any levelling contests like e.g. the temp leagues seriously as long as solo and party play aren't split up into two different contests. I HATE the idea of party play but back with the merveil overbuff I tried it for some time, and it was absolutely fucking RIDICULOUS how much faster you level in a party.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 9:32:02 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:15:52 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:16:03 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:

no it used to be easy to 90. now after xp nerf even 75 up to 80 is boring as hell! you are cluttered with maps now but they are worth shit in xp!

coincidentally with my flame totem builds I could clear level 75 maps AT level 75 already, so additional levelling feels (or rather felt) even more pointless than usual

The XP nerfs don't apply until T11 maps, and at T11 the nerf was something like 5%. Are you really running T12 maps and higher prior to level 90?

I haven't played a t12 in my life.

with a level of 77 something I gained more xp/h with cemetery tier 2s than 73-74 maps (sure my dps isn't godlike but it's flame totem glass cannon, so it is packing a punch). you can't tell me those maps are giving xp at the old 73-74 level cause that doesn't add up with my experiences whatsoever. and I did that 2 times in 2.0. maybe I'm missing something here but in my opinion there was a nerf that slows down 70-90
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info