Endless Ledge PvP Event

Someone on reddit posted about D2 Ironman style race, and I provided my suggestion. OP said he liked it, so I thought I'd share it here as well.

"Endless ledge HC Duels in which every new instance you enter, a single player is coming from the other end. Neither player can enter the next instance until the other is defeated. Players are invulnerable and immobile until both are in the instance. Players are matched to others of the closest instance clears.

The event is on a timer, the character with the most instance clears wins (regardless of whether it died or not?). This way players can keep participating instead of dying at level 1 and being shit out of luck. You could do a party version where the team that survives has it's dead respawn as well."

What you guys think?
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I do like Endless Ledge and would love to see a league/event designed around PvP in PoE.

Endless ledge in it's current state is too big for 1v1 imo unless they cropped the size down. I can see an issue in players going max move speed and defenses and preventing the other player from killing them by just running back and forth, so that sort of situation would need to be looked at.

I used to play a WC3 custom map called 'Warlock' and it was just about the funnest/funniest multiplayer PvP experience I've had. It was a free-for-all in an arena surrounded by lava that kept shrinking until a person was victorious. It was a best of X-rounds system and players got points to level up skills and gear in between rounds. The main method to victory was to knock players into the lava which did stupido damage; all skills had knock back - but skills also did damage and could kill or force players to retreat behind tactically placed pillars for protection while their health slowly regenerates / their skills come off cooldown.
I think this would be a great foundation or example or FUN PvP to work from.

EXAMPLE OF 'WARLOCK' PvP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3JH-8QeEk

Could be done with modified Endless Ledge map... just periodically add DoT effects that force exiles to the middle (these DoTs get stronger and stronger meaning even regen tanks or overcapped resistance provides little protection).

I dunno the finer details but I'd be excited for something to happen in regards to the games PvP. I don't even have the PvP master in my h/o because I can never get into a PvP for his daily :c Or well... we'll see what happens

"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by WARPAINTER on Nov 29, 2015, 8:58:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info