Holy shit I almost burned my card

Ps. I just checked your 7970 chepset tests and full load temp of your card is 84d ! So if you have old or bad case funs you will get your 95d.

Improve your cooling system inside the pc case and clean video card if you know how to do it, but to be honest 95d for this chipset is not end of the world.

BSOD will start at 105-110d :)
IGN: Summonium
Last edited by Eranicus on Nov 30, 2015, 12:49:12 PM
95 degrees Celsius is not "almost", most of these cards were designed to sustain heat up to 110 degrees Celsius and most of them have counter-measure - when a specific treshold is reached, their clock speed will get lower or shut down completely to prevent any fatal damage (much like the CPU).
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
DigitalDreams wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
In general, people who are brand loyal fan-boys and girls don't know much about hardware. ;)

Xavderion makes a thread as a form of public service announcement warning others about a potential issue with the new AMD gpu software.

People start saying shit like "That's AMD for ya hue hue" He points out that driver issues certainly aren't relegated to just one GPU brand

And HE is the fan boy? Gotcha.

I was being critical of the others. My bad if it came across the wrong way.

Edit: I am re-reading thread and I don't see how I was misunderstood, XD. Maybe I should have prefaced my statement with "There is no point in argueing with them". But, anyways, I agree with you, Xav should get props for the service and being impartial.

Backwoods, COMPLETELY my bad on this one. Early A.M. posting + lack of caffeine is a bad thing. I completely took it the wrong way, sorry.

In case there are any other AMD users out there that recently installed the new Crimson software experiencing heat issues, AMD is aware of it and will be releasing a hotfix.

Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
Literally a hotfix, hehe.

Also I can't be a fanboy, I'm using both cards (I have two PCs, one at home and one at gf's place) :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Came here expecting divination card trolling, left disappointed :((
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:
Yha iv had AMD cards working load after overclock at 85-95 c as well , and hold thare for years.

Load or stress testing? Running 95 on load is daring! GPUz stress test is always good for a few extra degrees above benches and gaming in my experience. I don't think I could stand the sound of the fan if those temps were regular :D

Edit: derrrr, occt stress test not gpuz!

was running like that just with gaming load , sometimes it spiked over 100 ( crysis ) as i said ran like that for years .

finaly that card died , it was one of them odd ball dual GPU cards jamed together , 2 cards smashed into 1 case , i think it was a 4870x2 but i can't remember so me and my bud got wasted on whiskey one night and decided to take it apart and repair it .

We wher going to soak it in isoprofinal alcohol ( but did not have any left since we wher making .. something elce ... ) so we just used hydrogen proxside ( don't do this ) this cleaned most of the tar from smoking off it. Then we took the card TOTALY apart seperating the 2 cards ( like 80 screws or something dumb ) and found the problem.

A resistor had blown up , not just sweeled up but literly blew up . So i soddered a new resistor in ( we drunk as skunks at this point ) kind of half assed put the card back together , was like over 20 screwes left over , jamed it into a rig and BOOM it fucking worked !!!!! ( shocking i know ) ran cooler for about a week , then got back upto it's insane heat . then worked for a few mounths more before it just died.

Then i shot it with a shotgun.

Good times :)

Sid's computer repair now open for buissnes !!!!!
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Lol! That is an awesome story. Iirc those 4870s/4890s did run quite hot and a double card would just be that much worse. Still impressed with how tough it was to kill!
ran a ati 5700 series for years and years, duo core cpu, 8gb of ram. It handled poe fine, maybe not handle playing with ghudda. I attempted a few years ago to replace with a 660ti, which took way more power, way more case space, ran very hot, very loud and almost killed my rig when it shorted out. Popped the ati back in, played for 2 or 3 more years, till I just made a new build earlier this year.

Spoiler
asus vlk 1155 chipset(had mobo for a few years before got around to build) super good board with OCing firm ware , 3770 i7, 16gb 2400 corsair ram, nvidia 970, ssd, pimp af corsair vengeance case

ati has always done right by me, but I am falling in love with the NVidia performance I am getting
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Dec 2, 2015, 10:23:11 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I would rather use AMD gpu than 4gb, oh sorry 3.5gb nvidia card...

If more than 3.5GB of VRAM is used, on the R9 390 and gtx 970 your fps is extremely low anyway.

AMD is better overall in Europe since the cards are cheaper for what they offer, Nvidea prices its cards too expensive for what you get inside of Europe. I´ve always found that the AMD cards offered more for a cheaper price and I haven´t had much issues with their cards or their drivers like some complain. I guess it´s the same for Nvidea but I like to buy cost efficiently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info