Holy shit I almost burned my card

For normal Si semi-conductors 125° is upper limit. Not sure about graphic cards in general. But if its designed for a lower temperature, you can assume that the card wont reach its full life cycle if you were running it at that temperature ;))

e1: isnt there an emergency shutdown in pc's if such things happen?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Nov 30, 2015, 2:18:31 AM
My old card was a terrible 2 gig card that came in my store bought comp. Eventually the fan went on it and if I had my a GPU temp monitor on the other screen I could actually make the card raise 10 degrees with each solid CoC proc. It was hilarious til my PC shut down(At about 110 degrees as people are saying) and I had to play arcade games for a month in order to not RIP my comp entirely. Then I ascended to the Master Race and got a 980ti. I dont even care that I spent way too much money because it works and will continue to.
Last edited by ZachAttack2K13 on Nov 30, 2015, 3:15:52 AM
This remindes ne i have to change cooling on processor >_> Running on box cooling ;_;
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Red Driver of Death.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Xavderion wrote:
New AMD Crimson drivers have a bug where the fan speed of your graphics card gets locked at 20%. My old 7970 almost got cooked, it ran at 95°C for a while but luckily no damage happened. Just a PSA, watch your fan speed while you play or better yet don't install the new drivers.
the laggiest place in the game for me is malachai fight, besides from that, my computer is currently in need of a new graphic card or so, since my computer keeps getting a black screen for a second which impacts the game, sometime it wont turn back on and the sound gets bugged, results in me having to wait a few hours to let it recover, sometime when i start the computer, it starts with a black screen after the windows simbol and needs to be restarted atleast onces to fix it
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
AMD. Nuff said.

/thread.
IGN TylordRampage
I actually changed to Nvidia due to high temps on my previous AMD card.
#NeverGoing90
I have like a 20C Delta maxmium for my 980ti at full loads on overclocks. Ambient = 25, GPU temp = 45.

quiet enough that i never hear a thing.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
GooberM wrote:

So what? It shows that neither AMD nor Nvidia are safe from such terminal bugs. It was very relevant for people back then when they got their expensive cards cooked.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info