What GGG should logically do for cyber Monday/Black Friday

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
They should do nothing

Unless they want to. we all want deals but let them do what they do!
Instead of discounting items, it would be nice to have a token bonus. +20% more tokens a token pack. Just keep the sales rare.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
They should do nothing
"
I have a better idea make the league come out faster :O

They should do THIS. Really.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

This does seem like a bit of a conundrum.

I was pretty annoyed and it seemed a bit stingy that they weren't having a Black Friday sale this year, but it does honestly make sense to not train the player base to save up all year. My expectations are why I still have half my Vaal Supporter points left. :P

On the other hand . . . the sales really haven't been that good this year, aside from the classic effects one, which seems largely like a way to move older, less-in-demand MTX. By contrast, there was almost a quarterly 50% off weekend sale last year-- most popular effects June and September, then the Black Friday sale. You would likely only have had to wait 3 months to get that shiny MTX under that sale model, rather than a whole year.

I can also say that I would have already purchased a Challenger pack, or might have even been spurred to go a step higher on impulse if there had been a sale. Now I'm just kinda waiting it out a little on the fence, and I wonder how many others are inclined to do the same.
After having quit about the time of the sale last year, I was really looking forward to it this year since I'd started playing again. Sadface.

Plenty of creative ideas from increased currency drops / xp for a limited time (which many other free-to-play games do) to discounts on tokens to flat discounts across microtransactions - I was ready to spend money and am not going to because there's no sale.
Last edited by fantasydreaming on Nov 30, 2015, 1:27:49 AM
"
TEBird wrote:
I'm sure GGG has a lot of good internal metrics and such to gauge these things, but I don't think they have ever done a store wide sale but at a fairly low % discount...

GGG did 50% off of everything in mtx shop last year, so they have data on how it affected them.

My suggestions for a seasonal sale would be to have something for the bigger spenders and something for the budget spenders:

1) Buy Ascendancy supporter pack and get additional 15% off of MTX point spending (from that pack) for the week. (If someone has already purchased a pack, I would grandfather them in.)

2) Buy 2 stash tabs (of any type), get a third stash tab free - limit 5 stash tabs (of any kind) free.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I N - G A M E - B O N U S - W E E K E N D

-nuff said
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ziiyo wrote:
I N - G A M E - B O N U S - W E E K E N D
-nuff said

for me, one annoying thing in poe is the pressure to check masters/do dailies.

i did value the freedom poe gave me before the masters introduction to play the game because i liked to play it.

that's gone. now, beside losing on level progress to my fellow players there is also the loss on masters progress / sales and there are days i simply don't have access to the game.

the game rewarding those that login and play on a daily basis may provide an incentive for alot of players but for me it's rather a disincentive.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Think GGG did wrong the math, they wanted to launch the new packs as soon they could, and by that they got 2 situation witch would be bad for "them", 1st people whit pack would get enormous value for their points from the packs and 2nd people would spend alot of money and that money would count towards packs witch would pretty much end up like the 1st one... So yeah even if i personaly feel disapointed i understand their decision...so yeah i understand why no cyber monday/black friday sales.
Last edited by goth1c on Nov 30, 2015, 10:47:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info