What GGG should logically do for cyber Monday/Black Friday

So a lot of people are sad that there is no massive sale this year for Black Friday this year, me included. But I think GGG is right not to repeat what they did last year. It was cool that they did it and as something maybe not totally expected by all I think it made sense. But I don't think GGG should do a 50% off sale like clockwork each year. This is something that I think undermines the deal of the day. Why get excited in September when that thing you've been wanting to buy gets discounted by 35% when you can hold out for a couple of months and get 50% off!

The whole point of the deal of the day is to both give you a great day and hopefully spur a little impulse purchasing. A sale that rolls around like clockwork each year that beats a lot of daily deals sort of undermines that whole concept.

TLDR: I think what would make sense is a modest sale each year around this time. When I say modest I mean 10-20% off everything. The kind of sale where you'd be better off to hit a daily deal sale but for convenience if you don't want to wait here is a little incentive to get you spending. This would preserve the utility of daily deals, keep people from going too nuts hoarding mtx points for Black Friday, while still encouraging people to spend mtx.

Let's face it the entire USA is looking to spend money on deals right now and if GGG was smart they would throw them a little modest discount to give them a reason to dump some of that money here. Who knows I think even the most marginal sale 10% even might boost the new supporter pack sales. I'm sure GGG has a lot of good internal metrics and such to gauge these things, but I don't think they have ever done a store wide sale but at a fairly low % discount, so I think at least doing this once would if nothing else give them some good data to consider.
Looking for more guild members for races/4 month hc leagues, pm for info
Last edited by TEBird on Nov 29, 2015, 10:31:29 AM
global increase in currency and map drops +5% for chars over level 75.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 29, 2015, 10:49:57 AM
GGG should stop global warming.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Only if it does not detract from creating more content and mtx's though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Global warming is a trap!
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
TEBird wrote:
So a lot of people are sad that there is no massive sale this year for Black Friday this year, me included. But I think GGG is right not to repeat what they did last year. It was cool that they did it and as something maybe not totally expected by all I think it made sense. But I don't think GGG should do a 50% off sale like clockwork each year. This is something that I think undermines the deal of the day. Why get excited in September when that thing you've been wanting to buy gets discounted by 35% when you can hold out for a couple of months and get 50% off!

The whole point of the deal of the day is to both give you a great day and hopefully spur a little impulse purchasing. A sale that rolls around like clockwork each year that beats a lot of daily deals sort of undermines that whole concept.

TLDR: I think what would make sense is a modest sale each year around this time. When I say modest I mean 10-20% off everything. The kind of sale where you'd be better off to hit a daily deal sale but for convenience if you don't want to wait here is a little incentive to get you spending. This would preserve the utility of daily deals, keep people from going too nuts hoarding mtx points for Black Friday, while still encouraging people to spend mtx.

Let's face it the entire USA is looking to spend money on deals right now and if GGG was smart they would throw them a little modest discount to give them a reason to dump some of that money here. Who knows I think even the most marginal sale 10% even might boost the new supporter pack sales. I'm sure GGG has a lot of good internal metrics and such to gauge these things, but I don't think they have ever done a store wide sale but at a fairly low % discount, so I think at least doing this once would if nothing else give them some good data to consider.

First reasonable post on black friday sale I've seen in recent times.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Like 25% off on premium stash tabs would be a great idea and many ppl will buy packs just to get some more stash space at discount :)
GGG take our money plz and do it :P

Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
They should do nothing
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
why should there be a massive reduction to all poe players because maybe half the player base got a merchandizing hype implanted by their local media?
europe does know "sell out" - events" (sommer / winters-schlussverkauf in germany) but that's mostly for cloths.

and there is also something like "saturation in mtx", i won't get any more stash tabs and mtx only if they're cool and new, like the gargoyles. i just have enough stuff already. why should ggg bring people faster to the point i'm already?

my wish is ggg should find back to their initial spirit which has been "fund the game because it has cool features, is free to play and NoPayToWin and customers are first when it comes to our support".

they made their first million++ with this stragegy in closed/open beta.

"selling out" on mtx can't be a sustainable long time strategy, ggg probably learned their lesson now by failing on the the ever rising expectations of their player base in their first supporter pack version.

they trained their player base with "sales" to be greedy (get the most out of it), next xpack's supporter packs probably have to contain even more stuff to satisfy their demanding player base.

it will be hard, the way back to normal support will cost them as much players (and so money) as the way back to normal/hard difficulty in game play in their act 4 xpack.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 29, 2015, 2:51:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info