Avatar of fire and herald of ash with physical dmg - does it work ?

Hi,

So just like the title says - since keystone takes priority in calculations and AoF converts 50% of physical dmg to fire but you don't deal any physical... does it mean herald of ash add 15% of this zero dmg or is it still based on 50% which should remain or just initial value ?

I was thinking about mixing Rightous fire with this new skill, blade vortex so this fire conversion looks appealing (since fire notes are a must in RF anyway) but 50% sounds not so great. So If I could get it up to 65 % (50% conversion + additional 15% gain) it would look more viable.
Percentage adds work on your original amount of phys damage so you're losing nothing in this setup.

You will need to complete physical->fire conversion to make AoF with physical spells viable, though.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 29, 2015, 8:45:19 AM
"since keystone takes priority in calculations"
They don't.

"does it mean herald of ash add 15% of this zero dmg or is it still based on 50% which should remain or just initial value ?"
Damage Based On is calculated before Conversion occurs. You will gain 15% of your base Physical Damage as Fire Damage even with AoF.

You're probably better off without Avatar of Fire, that 50% Base Damage loss will not be compensated by a couple Fire clusters..
That's what I was thinking. Ok so if I won't figure out any good way for converting almost 100%, going for it might not be the best idea. Thanks for all the answers :)
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Nov 29, 2015, 3:38:56 PM
its a spell so not bound by weapon, you could always use blackgleam quiver for the other 50% conversion if youre willing to give up the shield slot. it also opens up the option to go crit with deaths harp (crit multi) or if you dont plan on using crit, doomfletch for mana regen. so you sacrifice some defense but if youre building RF you should have some pretty decent life to spare.
"
UnumLupus wrote:
its a spell so not bound by weapon, you could always use blackgleam quiver for the other 50% conversion if youre willing to give up the shield slot. it also opens up the option to go crit with deaths harp (crit multi) or if you dont plan on using crit, doomfletch for mana regen. so you sacrifice some defense but if youre building RF you should have some pretty decent life to spare.

I was also thinking about it but with RF going without rise of pheonix shield would be a bit problematic. Maybe if I use blood dance boots and some +frenzy passives and on gear, I could get to around 6-7 charges and might be on similar level to having 8% fire res more, but it doesn't seems like very optimal build idea.
physical to lightning + cold to fire + call of the brotherhood + avatar of fire

and you should convert 100% physical to fire, and still play with rise of phoenix
"
physical to lightning + cold to fire + call of the brotherhood + avatar of fire

and you should convert 100% physical to fire, and still play with rise of phoenix

This looks really nice. Now I just need to do some tinkering with my tree to check whether using 2 gems for that make it reasonable. But even some rough calculation shows that there is some additional dmg gain around 30 % so it seems really good.

Thanks xD
yep damage is good but imo the setup is only viable on a 6L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info