Entry a map, instantdeath

Hi everyone,

never happend to me before, but today I've entered a map (Arachnid Nest) three minutes ago, had a lag at the portal direct at the start, instant logged out and when I relogged to my character list my ranger was in the standard league instead of the hardcore league. I even haven't seen any enemies, as I wrote I was still at the entry itself without any moving.

Has this ever happend to you? And how could I avoid it?
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 29, 2015, 6:15:30 AM
"
lag at the portal direct at the start

How long was the loading delay? Does it normally delay that long?

Did you see or hear the map before you logged out?

Run an MTX trace and dxdiag for us please.
"
ionface wrote:
How long was the loading delay? Does it normally delay that long?

The loading delay was a sec, until I realized my char doesn't move. I never had lags before when I entered a map. And my character was lvl 87, so it wasn't my first map either, even with that layout :)

"
Did you see or hear the map before you logged out?

The map was loaded, I have seen my character and the map itself. AFAIK I didn't heard any sound.

"
Run an MTX trace and dxdiag for us please.

I hope I did it correctly: pastebin.com :)
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 29, 2015, 6:40:15 AM
Could you possibly shut the modem and router off for a minute and start it all up again, then do the exact same MTR trace as before?
"
ionface wrote:
Could you possibly shut the modem and router off for a minute and start it all up again, then do the exact same MTR trace as before?

I've loaded something else at the start of the test, I guess that was the peak before. Here with the restarted modem:

new test
(watching YouTube meanwhile the test)

Funny that at the login screen Frankfurt (fra.login.pathofexile.com) has 32 ms...
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 29, 2015, 7:08:43 AM
Do you see any problems in-game now?
Last edited by ionface on Nov 29, 2015, 7:11:41 AM
"
ionface wrote:
Do you see any problems in-game now?

You mean exept the fact my ranger died and I still don't know why and how I could avoid it in future? I didn't had problems before, neither do I have them now :)

Again a long test
Last edited by Firderis on Nov 29, 2015, 10:14:20 AM
You might get better information with a Ping Plotter using Packet Type: UDP.
Spoiler

What router or modem is your computer connected to (model number is on the label)? How is it connected, by ethernet? What condition is the ethernet cable? Is anyone else using the network?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info