[Suggestion] "Void Bridge - Cobalt Jewel" // A unique jewel idea!

why not name it "TeleOPrt" ^^
"
mark1030 wrote:
It would make more sense if you had to have two, one at each end of your bridge.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Here's what I'd recommend:
1. You need two of them to get anything done, and the jewel is "Limit 2." This would clearly prevent hijinks such as traveling to two different locations from a single Void Bridge.
2. The jewel always drops from monsters in pairs. This mostly prevents the unfortunate situation of having only one copy and being unable to do anything with it; the exception is trying to Chance the jewel into being.

"
bwam wrote:

Great idea. ++.

Curious, though: Why restrict it to one? Is this a hedge to entice its actual adoption, or do you think it would break the design if multiples were allowed?

Suggestion: Perhaps it could take up two jewel slots? The porting-from node as well as the porting-to node.

@Mark1030, @ScrotieMcB and @bwam I really like all of your ideas and will add them to the main post so that people can further discuss and share more opinions! Much appreaciated!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Nov 30, 2015, 10:08:46 AM
It's a cool idea. I think it would need some sort of drawback to make it not just the best thing to do. Something like can't use other jewels.
Well, you'd already be consuming 2 sockets plus at least 2 travel nodes getting to and from them. But the no other jewels would be a pretty good penalty I think.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I like the idea.

In fact, I already suggested basically the same idea in May: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1269184

GGG did not pick it up, so I guess they see a problem with it or my presentation was not that successful.

I think the big problem is with balancing the jewel. It allows for so many new build combinations that it is hard to say what the penalty should be. I would not mind finding out, however.
i like that idea! would be a true variation enabler ;..;
shadow with bloodmagic or "porting" near the scion life wheel... awesome ;..;
"
j33bus wrote:
It's a cool idea. I think it would need some sort of drawback to make it not just the best thing to do. Something like can't use other jewels.

Giving up two jewel slots (two passives spent for zero benefit) is a pretty hefty cost.

It allows your tree path to jump across to the other side of the tree, but that isn't that strong of an upside given the cost.

Not exactly sure how to word it, but you would allocate one jewel slot and place this jewel inside it. Then you'd be able to allocate any one other jewel slot on the tree, and allocating it would disallow allocation elsewhere. Once you place a second jewel into that slot, you could continue pathing from there.

Very cool idea, but getting it to work with allocation and respecs seems like a bit of a coding nightmare.

I also don't know about making it a T1 unique. Locking this behind rarity just seems like a bad idea.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 1, 2015, 9:32:20 AM
Neat idea! Makes me think of worm holes xD. IMO, allowing unrestricted pathing from the jewel slot you "jump" to is a little bit too strong. Also, I think giving up two jewel slots is a low price to pay for the average player who can't afford BiS rare jewels.

What do you guys think about giving the jewel slot you jump to a large radius and allowing normal pathing within that radius? For example, I could place the jewel on the ranger side of the tree, jump to a jewel slot on the marauder side of the tree and create a path within a large radius on the marauder side.
This. This gem is a very good thing, and it should be a thing.
"
octo7T wrote:

What do you guys think about giving the jewel slot you jump to a large radius and allowing normal pathing within that radius? For example, I could place the jewel on the ranger side of the tree, jump to a jewel slot on the marauder side of the tree and create a path within a large radius on the marauder side.

Not a bad suggestion but this would completly alter the idea of the jewel...
I really appreciate your idea tho! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Dec 3, 2015, 3:10:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info