[Suggestion] "Void Bridge - Cobalt Jewel" // A unique jewel idea!

Name: "Void Bridge - Cobalt Jewel"

Restrictions: "Limited to 1"

Unique Rarity Tier: "T1"

Effect: "Connects two jewel sockets within the passive tree as if you were
pathing normaly."

Lore Text: "I once dreamed I could build bridges leading to everything I desire... and sometimes dreams come true! - Malachai, The Nightmare."

My idea behind this:

My idea behind this jewel is to create a greater build variety that would allow to create more fun, efficent and interessting builds while still being balanced.

Now I'm really curious what your guys and girls opinions on this jewel are!

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)

EDIT: Other great ideas for "Void Bridge - Cobalt Jewel" by other users:

Spoiler
"
mark1030 wrote:
It would make more sense if you had to have two, one at each end of your bridge.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Here's what I'd recommend:
1. You need two of them to get anything done, and the jewel is "Limit 2." This would clearly prevent hijinks such as traveling to two different locations from a single Void Bridge.
2. The jewel always drops from monsters in pairs. This mostly prevents the unfortunate situation of having only one copy and being unable to do anything with it; the exception is trying to Chance the jewel into being.

"
bwam wrote:

Great idea. ++.

Curious, though: Why restrict it to one? Is this a hedge to entice its actual adoption, or do you think it would break the design if multiples were allowed?

Suggestion: Perhaps it could take up two jewel slots? The porting-from node as well as the porting-to node.

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Nov 30, 2015, 10:07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
In my opinion this jewel would be a great build enabler. It has a unique and well-thought concept, with a little balancing void bridge would be one of the best unique items in the game. It would bring more gameplay depth and options to PoE, which is something desirable for an action rpg. For example it'd be possible to play builds like "AoF Crit Goddess Scorned Ranger", or to allocate iron reflexes keystone as a pure caster witch. I think this idea deserves some attention.
Some of you exiles are alright. Don't go to Highgate tomorrow.

Well it is a dreams come true, not mach confort it come froma Malachai the Nightmare.

I wish jewels can give acces or convert some nodes on tree for other to use.
For example a Wand nodes that grant % of physical damage as a extra elemental damage or thos Staff nodes whit charges even they are not so effective and other weapon specific trinkets, imagine variuse combinations they can open.

Problem whit ideas like this, they are depending on skill tree shape and location of Jewels so it can only be predefined balanced position or its irelevant for most of builds.
It would make more sense if you had to have two, one at each end of your bridge.

It's a neat idea but I think it might break the balance of the tree. They layed it out with a certain idea of how they want it balanced so letting people jump across the tree would kind of invalidate that. Not that that'd be bad. It would certainly open up things with the Subclasses. You'd be able to make a marauder build using a Shadow ascendency for example. But giving CI builds easy access to Unwavering Stance really throws their balance aims out the window.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Still looking for more opinions on this jewel idea. :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

"

pathing normaly."

Lore Text: "I once dreamed I could build bridges leading to everything I desire... and sometimes dreams come true! - Malachai, The Nightmare."

My idea behind this:

My idea behind this jewel is to create a greater build variety that would allow to create more fun, efficent and interessting builds while still being balanced.

If i understand correctly, this jewel makes it possible to travel to other jewel sockets in Another part of the tree with no conection between them, its basicly a copy of that leap jewel
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
"

pathing normaly."

My idea behind this:

If i understand correctly, this jewel makes it possible to travel to other jewel sockets in Another part of the tree with no conection between them, its basicly a copy of that leap jewel

Intuitive Leap only allows you to pick sertain notes within its small radius so I dont see how this would be a quote on quote copy... :P

The jewel I suggested tho indeed would allow to jump you ONCE across the whole tree.

So for example you pick the jewel socket next to the witch powercharge, socket in Void Bridge and lets say build a bridge to the jewel socket next to the duelists Golems Blood.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Nov 29, 2015, 11:18:34 PM
"

pathing normaly."

My idea behind this:

Great idea. ++.

Curious, though: Why restrict it to one? Is this a hedge to entice its actual adoption, or do you think it would break the design if multiples were allowed?

Suggestion: Perhaps it could take up two jewel slots? The porting-from node as well as the porting-to node.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Here's what I'd recommend:
1. You need two of them to get anything done, and the jewel is "Limit 2." This would clearly prevent hijinks such as traveling to two different locations from a single Void Bridge.
2. The jewel always drops from monsters in pairs. This mostly prevents the unfortunate situation of having only one copy and being unable to do anything with it; the exception is trying to Chance the jewel into being.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
I wish jewels can give acces or convert some nodes on tree for other to use.
For example a Wand nodes that grant % of physical damage as a extra elemental damage or thos Staff nodes whit charges even they are not so effective and other weapon specific trinkets, imagine variuse combinations they can open.
We have at least one such jewel, "Cold steel" iirc.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info