laptop passed the PoE benchmark

purchased a new laptop recently, for work. pretty powerful (Core i5, Intel GPU, SSD).
so since I'm on the road for the next month or so, I've put PoE on it for the weekends.

happy to say PoE didn't kill it, although I definitely tried:

1) yesterday had a mapping session with an old Open Beta friend, who recently came back to the game. he plays Summoner. with specters. Evangelists. last time we tried teaming-up back in OB - I had about 0.1 FPS on average.
now it went pretty smooth, and even Temple Piety wasn't a major threat (to both HP and FPS).
ping was pretty bad though, playing between Germany and Australia. me being an Australian in Germany, and him a German in Australia :)

2) had a Poorjoy's Asylum today. got greedy and Vaal-Orbed it.
instant punishment from RNG: map is now rare.
but it was a 130% + rare with a ton of mods, and Beyond, and double boss extra damage spiders, and ... Evangelists.
and I picked the Cycloner which is just asking for trouble really.
cleared it with very few hiccups, graphical or otherwise.

therefore my "gaming" laptop is now officially "PoE-certified".
maybe the day when my potato back home will be too, is fast-approaching? fingers crossed.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
It's something. At least can you enjoy fighting Dominus and Malachai without frame drops?

Dominus fight ruined my first walkthrough, although once I got a better computer it was awesome.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
That's nice. Now get this guy to give it the REAL test. ;)
Awesome feeling when you have a gaming computer and it runs smoothly. I recently just build my 1st computer and put in a 750ti and and blew me away. No more 10fps -/+. I cant high five you but we can virtually raise our mugs and have a swig.
"
Hodari wrote:
That's nice. Now get this guy to give it the REAL test. ;)

no one passes the Ghudda test. ok well maybe Slayer does but he's running PoE on Deep Thought.

@Nero, Malachai is still a bit slow for me. no freezes but more than a few major FPS drops when soloing the 2nd phase. especially after destroying the 3rd heart.

@universal, cheers :)
question is: now that you eventually got rid of the old machine, can you make toasts with the new one as well?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
PoE was made long time ago so it is playable on many low specs. Until you go full discharger of course.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 29, 2015, 3:17:46 PM
Insta shattering HoI a fracture pack will bring anything other than a super computer to its knees.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
vio wrote:
question is: now that you eventually got rid of the old machine, can you make toasts with the new one as well?
XD
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
vio wrote:

didn't get rid of it. the kids got it while I'm abroad, and hopefully it will get to be choked by PoE again, if they don't destroy it.

will be hard to get back to the old friend though. the difference is very noticeable, even on a machine that can hardly be considered a "gaming Goliath". it's just new and SSD more than anything else, really.
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 29, 2015, 5:29:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info