Unarmed Ascendancy Class

I just woke up and I dreamt that I was in the game, Tron style. Like I woke up on the beach, brushed the sand off, kicked a crab, and started whipping ass. My first good drop was a pair of Facebreakers. I forgot how fun these gloves are, especially when you're dreaming. I do some other stuff, kill lots of monsters, then my dream starts to morph into some soccer match I was watching earlier in the evening, and I awake.

So my question is do you think there will be an Ascendancy Class that has unarmed nodes in it? Should there be? Would it be better to leave generic nodes to enable more diversity?
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Propably not, too limiting with current ascendancy lock to starting class.

I guess you could just pick something general.
Unless the other marauder or templar trees provide something outstanding, I'm planning on going with Gladiator duelist in order to pick up all the block buffs including the block chance applied to spells.

I did a facebreaker marauder in the hardcore darkshrine league that performed really well. He shrugged of physical damage no problem, so the Juggernaut class seems unnecessary, what ripped him eventually was taking a few big blasts in a row from the fire warbands boss I happened to spawn in a crematorium map.

If I had a load of spell block I might have survived. And the tree I made went into the duelist start area anyway, so it's only 5 nodes difference to start duelist. Worth it in my opinion.
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Nov 28, 2015, 8:22:35 AM
"
Wadjet wrote:

So my question is do you think there will be an Ascendancy Class that has unarmed nodes in it? Should there be?

I hope not.
You can play Juggernaut with Abyssus.
FB is too much niche to dedicate a ascendancy class for, imo
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Astarte911 wrote:

^This.

I reckon a generalist "melee physical" ascendancy would do the job well, while providing ample support to alternate play-styles.

Which is key here, allowing ascendancy's to support builds over a very general and broad field.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
They probably could do this, not specifically unarmed nodes but melee/physical damage that would benefit all melee including unarmed
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Duelist has some pretty good ascendancy classes for unarmed.

Kinda of debating between gladiator or champion for my facebreaker duelist.

On one hand, the gladiator's spell block is really nice, but I don't think 1H attack speed works with unarmed...

On the other hand, like everything for champion to either defenses or attack speed for the duelist, which is probably the weakest part of my character atm.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:

^This.

I reckon a generalist "melee physical" ascendancy would do the job well, while providing ample support to alternate play-styles.

Which is key here, allowing ascendancy's to support builds over a very general and broad field.

Peace,

-Boem-

Has everyone forgot about Doryanis Fist?
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Wadjet wrote:
Has everyone forgot about Doryanis Fist?

No but there are still class reveals to come which would in all likely hood lend themselves to ele damage and by proxy Doryanis
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info