Leech mechanics 2.1.0 ?

I saw in Continued Balance Changes for 2.1.0 the word ``leech``and i hope it will be greatly increased and with less confusing modifiers. Earlier the leech recovered at a constant rate and since The Awakening the formula changed too much. i think its mandatory for any classes to be able to life leech at an descent rate even on single mob.

I dont understand why there is passives nodes like :
- +% of maximun life per second to maximum life leech rate.
- % increase life leeched per second.
I think those modifiers should be inclued into the game.
Previously life leech rate was too fast and now not enough.

Qc gamer FsF
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I...I just don't understand leech anymore. :(

It's the only mechanic in the game where I think: "This is too complicated, I don't care enough to properly understand it, I'll just see if this works or not."

I think GGG really overcomplicated the leech mechanics. While I think I'd be able to get how it works if I properly think about it's just way too annoying to bother. The wording is pretty ridiculous too.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
I...I just don't understand leech anymore. :(

It's the only mechanic in the game where I think: "This is too complicated, I don't care enough to properly understand it, I'll just see if this works or not."

I think GGG really overcomplicated the leech mechanics. While I think I'd be able to get how it works if I properly think about it's just way too annoying to bother. The wording is pretty ridiculous too.

It may look complicated at first glance, but leech mechanics is fine, it's just base leech % values were overnerfed too much (0.2% leech LOL!).
And newly-introduced leech passives are too weak to pick them for 95% of builds who use leech. If you buff those, buff base leech values - leech will be great again.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
There is a guide by ghudda ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5qYctB1jo
Doesn't "fix" leech, but at least you now understand why leech sucks :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
All that to make it harder to leech against a single enemy. The leech recoverey depending on how many enemies were hit was an bad idea.
And now we need to calculate the recovery maximum rate...
Qc gamer FsF
With a GMP-Manaleech-Lifeleech-LA being shoot at a cluster of mobs i so often regain life and mana quite fast, saving a potion use for my ranger. However the same doesn't apply if the target is only one mob.

So many people said myself included that nerfing leech to 20% of itss previous value was a terrible idea, then on top of that they stuffed the leech rate on single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info