Top causes for death in PoE?

Most death in this game can be avoided. In every instance, You have to prepare and know what is ahead of you. If you see something unfamiliar pop a portal just in case. Pay attn to map mods and don't run them if you are unprepared. Keep a movement skill on,Keep a golem summoned as well. I find armor to be so much more effective on ranged chars because they don't get hit frequently. If you do not know the map bosses, don't enter the fvking room. Check you tube or some $hit and do some research..(this is hc) Know where the reflect dangers are. Top cause for death is not being prepared. Gear-checking is as important as having skills,alternate targets(decoys whatever) and potions set up right. Two more weeks til the next race starts, I know every single node I am taking barring changes to the tree. I can see the tree in my head I've played so long. I need a new hobby.

Forgot to add. Have a method ready to deal with strongbox mods and darkshrines. There are many variations. If you rip on a box, you were not prepared or you did not prepare the box. I usually avoid new league crap like that (shrines)while players are testing them until more info arrives. I prefer not to be the rerolling guinea pig.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Nov 28, 2015, 5:10:21 PM
Playing tired is always what kills me. When I'm fully awake and have lightning reflexes I'm just too responsive to be killed. If something is over my head I'll just get out and try again when stronger or reroll different mods next time.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
Most death in this game can be avoided. In every instance, You have to prepare and know what is ahead of you. If you see something unfamiliar pop a portal just in case. Pay attn to map mods and don't run them if you are unprepared. Keep a movement skill on,Keep a golem summoned as well. I find armor to be so much more effective on ranged chars because they don't get hit frequently. If you do not know the map bosses, don't enter the fvking room. Check you tube or some $hit and do some research..(this is hc) Know where the reflect dangers are. Top cause for death is not being prepared. Gear-checking is as important as having skills,alternate targets(decoys whatever) and potions set up right. Two more weeks til the next race starts, I know every single node I am taking barring changes to the tree. I can see the tree in my head I've played so long. I need a new hobby.

You missed the point of the thread...it's not a qq thread it's a simple question on what kills you, most of us know that it's avoidable but it's a risk WE take and occasionally die to...the bullshit you are spouting dose not really belong here as it's not a "QQ i die to everything GGG fix it" type of thread
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 28, 2015, 3:50:51 PM

You missed the point of the thread...it's not a qq thread it's a simple question on what kills you, most of us know that it's avoidable but it's a risk WE take and occasionally die to...the bullshit you are spouting dose not really belong here as it's not a "QQ i die to everything GGG fix it" type of thread[/quote]

I didn't say anything you don't already know. I see your 10k forum posts and multiple support packs.

Meant no negative tone.
"
DC. Lag.

^this. We shouldn't get punished for DCs or lag, it's just stupid.
DD boxes always troll me so hard when I play melee. If I stay out of range, it will wait patiently for me to come near, and then instantly blow up the first thing I kill right in my face.
for my melee guy

1. Bearers
2. +2XX% crit chance map mod
3. Taking bad decision
4. One hit you die bosses (like Orchard boss)

for my ES/arc witch

1. Physical damage (titties bitches)
2. Flicker Spiders with viper strike
3. Bearers

for my CI witch

1. Stun / freeze
2. No regen on ES

for my incinerator

1. Physical damage (everything)
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.
"
I didn't say anything you don't already know. I see your 10k forum posts and multiple support packs.

Meant no negative tone.

Thank you for your kind advices sir, we all really appreciate it!!!

On topic:
I see not many times mentioned obelisk guys... Man, that crazy mofo's are deadly as Nikita!
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
For me (I play only softcore), bosses are usually a pain in the ass at any difficulty, especially Malachai (he's at least 5 to 8 deaths like every time, while other bosses range from 0 to 2 or so), since I pretty much always go into that fight either underleveled or undergeared or both.

Voll's hammer smash sucks for my facebreaker duelist (sucks since my facebreaker guy is my fastest killer, so has to double up as a average "MF'er" until I get another character built that's better for purely MF'ing), since I use multistrike, which means sometimes I'm still punching his face in and can't pull away fast enough. It's also a bit inconsistent on killing me too, which is interesting (ie, sometimes I take the hammer smash to the face, 0 damage (guessing it's either the evasion or the dodge from my armor, or take the hammer smash and get like 99% of my hp gone or I just die when it's like a bit of a side swipe, and go ...., wtf?).

Zerg rushing also gets me killed or close to it (ie, don't clear out all the monsters in an area, pop a quicksilver, rush on ahead and then get surrounded --> dead).

Just got to get better at pulling back after a zerg rush and I'll probably die a lot less.

Probably should rebuild my LL SRS Scion though, since I'm sucking hard at playing the character, since I tend to zerg rush a lot.... The higher MF is too big a tradeoff for clear speed.

Herald of Obelisk and Bearers occasionally kill me as well if I'm not careful about checking the mods on the monsters (I usually just kill everything, screw the mods).
I have seen the most deaths to:

1. Crit map mod (+critical strike chance +critical strike multiplier) takes the cake, many players still vastly understimate the damage spikes that this mod causes even in low tier maps.
2. Bearers
3. Poor flasks setup
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info